PDA

View Full Version : Best Camcorder................

2fastandfurious
12-18-2002, 09:52 PM
Whats a good camcorder i can buy that has a usb out put so that i can run it to my computer easiliey?
Thanks
-ben

quadfamily
12-18-2002, 09:59 PM
Sony Handycam

TORO1968
12-18-2002, 10:36 PM
I don't think any digital camcorders out there use just plain USB to link to a computer. They use Firewire (IEEE 1394) to link to a computer. The reason this is necessary is because of the data transfer rate - USB 2.0 might also be fast enough, but I don't know of any camcorders that use that either. If you are looking for a digital camcorder and your PC doesn't have a Firewire port, you can add a card in one of your open slots easily. There are also adapters that allow you to hook up your camcorder, whether it be digital or not, with RCA cables.

I, myself, would recommend getting a digital camcorder - they don't cost that much more and the picture quality kicks @$$. I have a Panasonic Mini DV camcorder with Firewire capability, its probably one of the coolest things I own (next to my ATVs and cars of course :D ).

-Later

Jordan

ScrnNmsSUCK
12-20-2002, 08:58 PM
I have a sony Hi8 camera(broken), i am currently looking for a new one. The new sonys have rca, s video, and usb port. The only problem with them is that they are pretty epensive, but if you look around you can probaly find a cheaper one.

Sportrax10
12-20-2002, 09:24 PM
I also really want one! Im pretty sure that I want a Sony but i dont know whats best. There all so expensive.:grr

TORO how much was yours?

SGA
12-20-2002, 10:15 PM
I just bought a sony digital camcorder. Has a very good picture, very clear slow motion and pause. 20x optical zoom, usb, and firewire for the computer. USB is not fast enough for digital transfer. Also has night vision. Dont pay attention to the 500 power digital zoom that camcorders have, thats just a selling gimmick.
Had to add a firewire card to the computer to use the digital camera with it, about $40. Good luck!