PDA

View Full Version : Week old 525, no current after riding :(

bpjr07
01-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Week old Polaris Outlaw and already having problems starting her up after some bumpy trail riding. She starts right up once we unload her, she usually is already in neutral, but other times we cant seem to find neutral nor start up in first with the clutch down.This usually happens after some trail riding and on non-even surfaces. I stalled it a couple of times on steep hills and was not able to start it back up!!! after some shaking neutral should show up but once i hit the start button it would die as if no current was going through. Clutch in with same result. After some shaking on level surface she would start. I have been looking for some bad wires with no luck... one more thing, im concerned that the fans are not turning on also....any advice....

coryatver
01-09-2009, 06:21 PM
If it is a week old that would be your dealers problem. Take it back and tell them to fix it.

525Outlaw#55
01-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Check your connections on your battery, Mine did the same thing and eventually they get loose enough you have to wiggle your battery wires to get it to start, that's my first suggestion/thought on it

icepreddy
01-14-2009, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't even bother hurting your brain, tell the dealer to fix it.

sheriff525
01-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Seriously this was the exact same thing that happened to me and it is the battery cable is loose. Normally it is the positive side. I had it the other day and was pissed right off. Now it is all tight. My hi temp light came on and the fan was not coming on. the whole time is was just a stupid battery cable.

bpjr07
01-16-2009, 05:39 PM
you guys were right it was the positive battery calble i just dint figure it out...but then i noticed wen i pull on the wire the nutural button would blink,,

got t screwdriver and problem solve thanks guys!

525Outlaw#55
01-16-2009, 07:07 PM
No problem at all, you might want to use some blue loctite on the screws, I tightened mine a few times but they would still come loose every now and then so I put the blue loctite on them and no problems since

bpjr07
01-17-2009, 11:30 PM
yeah i had the same idea but i know how soft some types of battery terminal are so i dint wanna mess anything up.

ill add it if it happens again