PDA

View Full Version : Eton Tranny Gears Help

marsrace2
01-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Just picked up a Motor that apparently has Eton 90 Tranny gears in it, anyone know where I can get sprockets for it? The output shaft is completely different than any of the stuff I have had. It looks like you slide the gear over the shaft and then actually have to screw a bolt right into the end of the output shaft to hold it on. Help

etondaddy
01-09-2009, 02:59 PM
That isn't E-Ton........... E-Ton takes the keeper piece and two little bolts...

Mike Kozura

XXX -rider
01-09-2009, 04:28 PM
when ya figure it out ...contact http://www.rebelgears.com/
they go it !!

01-09-2009, 04:57 PM
what size are you looking for i have them both kinds and several of both if you have no threads on the out put shaft its the eton style if it has the threads it the drr style i also have the clips that hold the sprocket on if no threads just let me know!! thanks

marsrace2
01-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I will try to get a pic and post it, it doesnt have the splines and threads like my Apex's do or like our polaris hade but it does have some weird wide splines and like I said you obviously thread a bolt of some type into the end of the shadt to hold on whatever the sprocket is. I checked the turns and it is a 9-1 gear ratio so I know they are 90 gears. I was told they were eaton style gears

01-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Yes I have those also as it takes a clip where the splines go back 1/2 inch or so and drop off then pick back up the octagon lookwiththe splines. i can post picks of a sprocket

01-09-2009, 06:36 PM
sprockets and clip from rebel gears

marsrace2
01-09-2009, 07:03 PM
I cant seem to figure out how to post pics on this site, yes the sprockets you posted look like they would slide over the spline but there has to be more than just that clip to hold them on?

01-09-2009, 07:18 PM
yes just the clip Rebel Gers sell these to hold it on as you see the one sprocet has no holes other than the shaft hole clip in the package hold the sprocket on Ive never had a problem running this clip if you put one on you will see why it wont come off and theres no pressure on sprockets as the splies carry that and the clip keeps it from having free play sideways so its a nice set up.

01-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by marsrace2
I cant seem to figure out how to post pics on this site, yes the sprockets you posted look like they would slide over the spline but there has to be more than just that clip to hold them on?
right click on pic then click on open with, then click on paint,, then the top box put 75 and the box just below put 75 then file and save and that wil fix your problem.

marsrace2
01-09-2009, 07:48 PM
ok, I beleive you but shouldnt there be some other retainer? any idea what the threads in the end of the output shaft are for?

marsrace2
01-09-2009, 07:54 PM
any idea what the keeper piece and 2 little bolts is that etondaddy mentioned?

01-09-2009, 09:56 PM
it does the same thing as the clip. The retainer that screws in just screws in so it dont turn cause it fits loose as the clip is super tight. If you give me till tomarrow ill show you the retainer on a sprocket. I got to find it lol i have 3 other front sprockets.

marsrace2
01-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Cheeseman, I would devinately be interested in a couple sprockets and clips. Let me know if you have anything you want to get rid of. We usually use a 19 or 20 front but I would be interested in having more options.