PDA

View Full Version : Santa on a fire truck?

Woodsrider
12-18-2002, 08:32 PM
I was just curious, does your city FD go thruogh the neighborhoods with Santa on the truck, for the kids?
I remember it when I was a kid. and I live in a town that still does it. My kids just saw him comin down the street so I had ask.

400exrules
12-18-2002, 08:40 PM
no hes at the end of the parade ridin a alky shee

NateLHonda
Yeah, they did about 4 days ago, but there was no Santa just some lady givin our candy canes

400exrules
lol j/k but that would be a fun job minus the suit :devil

Pappy
12-18-2002, 08:45 PM
yeah they do that here....but we live on a main road so they fly by us:mad:

it is funny tho.....the kids run after the truck screamin ..santa santa....lmgdao!!!

Woodsrider
12-18-2002, 08:46 PM
Six years ago the then newly elected Mayor chewed the FireChiefs arse for doing it. "What if there was a fire?" he said.
The chief told him "well I guess we would all get to the fire house at the same time." Needless to say the Mayor got his from the public.:D

Pappy
12-18-2002, 08:49 PM
well, the funniest stuff we ever did on a fire truck was riding in a parade. we would be perched proud on the truck....and when the driver would see a crowd of people on the side walk....he would load the motor and blow black smoke all over them:eek: i geuss its funny watching it...lmgdao....it was hard to keep a straight face when it happened:devil :D

Woodsrider
12-18-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
well, the funniest stuff we ever did on a fire truck was riding in a parade. we would be perched proud on the truck....and when the driver would see a crowd of people on the side walk....he would load the motor and blow black smoke all over them:eek: i geuss its funny watching it...lmgdao....it was hard to keep a straight face when it happened:devil :D

That is just plain mean:grr LMGDAO

SGA
12-18-2002, 09:16 PM
I live on a island about 12 miles long, 12-15000 people. Christmas eve night starting about 6, they put Santa up on the fire truck on a wooden rocker chair, start at the fishing pier and work their way up to the north end, making about 5 stops handing out stockings. This has been happening for about 30 years. They pull out all the stops, all the fire trucks, ambulances, police, etc in the line with all the lights and sirens on, and they go about 15 mph. I'd say about 30 -40 vehicles. Its a sight, you would think world war 3 has started. Scares the mess out of people visiting.

Pappy
12-18-2002, 09:20 PM
i got reprimanded at a fire one night....

this dudes house burned and he got crisped. so we put out the fire and where doing salvage waiting on the coroner. i was in the kitchen and opened the fridge up:rolleyes: well i grabbed a coke and looked at the stove. there was a big pot covered with a lid. i opened it up and there was vegetable soup a cookin in there:eek: well, i grabbed a bowl and fixed me a bowl:p so i walk in to whats left of the family room....where the captain and a cop where taking pics of crispy and i have this steamin hot bowl of soup and a coke. they asked when did the canteen truck show up? i said....i dunno...he gave it to me:D as i pointed to the crisper:p

oh well....it wasnt the soup that killed him:eek: :devil

2fastandfurious
12-18-2002, 09:29 PM
At our fire dept. Santa is usally in the front in a pick up bed. Fire trucks follow behind

SGA
12-18-2002, 09:31 PM
When pappys stomach says its time to eat, Pappys eats:D

Pappy
12-18-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by sgaexer
When pappys stomach says its time to eat, Pappys eats:D

damn skippy:p firefighters dont rob your house...they raid your fridge:p

QuadJunkies
12-18-2002, 10:40 PM
THis remeinde me of the last time my kids went to see Santa..Now I dont know about you guys, but where Im from you sit on Santas lap,he igves you a candy cane..well this year they gave out raisins and boxes of cereal??:confused: now thats messed upp:huh :grr

12-18-2002, 10:42 PM
Pappy thats the friggin funniest story but at least you didnt try to PC the suka :D

Pappy
12-19-2002, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
Pappy thats the friggin funniest story but at least you didnt try to PC the suka :D

well, he was cooked:eek: :macho a bit too done.

disclaimer:

we deal with stress in weird ways.....thats right people....when you bite the dust......we dont think about it.

until years later;)

L.Vegas400
12-19-2002, 08:50 AM
our santa rides in a grain cart pulled by the one the only JOHN DEERE. the high school cheer leaders ride on the fire truck.