PDA

View Full Version : help me out! who has a steering stem?!

hotshotgoal30
01-09-2009, 07:39 AM
hey guys i need a steering stem of a stock ds 450 not sure if it matters x package or not. i had a little incident while loading my new quad and bent my handlebars and broke the brake assembly and light switch. when i took it to the dealer they called me today letting me know the bad news. the steering stem is bent :mad:. i cant believe it. it really didnt even fall that hard. anyways im looking for a stock one. maybe any of you guys who are racing and have replaced yours have one you could sell me. i dont want to sound cheap but i really dont have much to spend and i certainly cant afford a new one, thanks to this awesome enonamy we have. but anyways if anyone can help me out and let me know where i can find one or if you have one let me know how much your willing to take for it and i can put a few bucks into your pocket. thanks

Jer250R
01-09-2009, 03:11 PM
just drive it bent. if you didn't notice it before you dropped it off then it cant be that bad. at most your bars will be a little uneven but you'll get used to it quick.

for all the engineering that went into the bike i would have thought they would have made a better stem. mine bent in a rollover a while back.

hotshotgoal30
01-09-2009, 03:40 PM
yeah i just got it back tonight havnt driven it yet. they replaced the bars and switches and brake. and said they tryed to bend it back as much as they could. i must agree though i was extremly disapointed. the atv was pointed up in the air sitting on the grab bar, and it just fell over backwards flat. doesnt seem like the stem should be bent. i mean the handlebars werent even bent that much but enough to piss me off so i relaced them. its just hard to believe cause its not like the atv rolled multiple times or fell akwardly i mean it just tipped backwards.

Mr. Big Time
01-09-2009, 04:00 PM
no I would certainly replace it, I can get dangerous riding around with a bent stem....let me check my stock one and make sure its not bent. I think it has a little tiny bend in it, if it does, and you want it I'll give to you, just pay shipping, I mean I know I just said that a bent stem is dangerous, but it might be better than yours. If its not bent, 20$ and its yours.

Can you post a picture of yours?

need2bfast
01-11-2009, 06:39 PM
i think i saw one on ebay.

hotshotgoal30
01-12-2009, 02:10 PM
well it turns out its not to bad. really couldnt notice it, the dealer said they straitened it out best as possible. its still the thought that bothers me though. guess ill have to live with it for now