PDA

View Full Version : new here

deathcorefan2
01-08-2009, 10:56 PM
im new here, im from indiana, i just traded my custom painted polaris 250 trailblazer for a 2002 400ex, its got a couple mods. it has an FMF Megamax, k&n with no lid, stage one hotcams as far as performance i think. i already know that the fmf megamax isnt a very good pipe, but im a beginner and im not that good at a clutch so ill get used to it and sometime later this year ill probabally spring for a Lexx or an HMF.

im kind of doing a makeover on it right now, im just doing cosmetic work, cause like i said it doesnt need to be any faster right now. so here she is!

http://i40.tinypic.com/sq40gn.jpg

my plans are nerfs, grips, seat cover, lighting, and a ton of painting of other parts like brake levers and polishing the motor covers and the headers and stuff. im only 16 and im looking for a job so money is tight right now,

the only thing wrong with the quad is the timing chain. im going to replace it with a 2002 CRF450R chain. if im correct it will fit right? ive been looking around here and been taking notes lol.

so does anyone know where the cheapest place to get a CRF450R timing chain is? my dealer is charging like 48$ i think. i seen it on bikebandit for like 35. but i have to pay shipping. anywhere else i should look?

well i hope im warmly welcomed here, i am on a couple other forums..
you may know me as trailblazer_02 on quadcrazy.com, deathcorefan2 on atvfan.com and 4strokemurder on atvconnection.com

thanks and all suggestions on my project are welcomed! :D :D

powermadd400ex
01-08-2009, 11:02 PM
sick quad
how you liking it so far buddy?

deathcorefan2
01-08-2009, 11:07 PM
SUP DOOD!!!!
only ridden it like twice so im liking it..lol cant really ride untill i get the timing chain..a number of things can go wrong if i ride it with that messed up.

F150 Rider
01-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Welcome to this Awsome Forum man! that is a nice quad you`ve got there!

storms400ex
01-09-2009, 07:40 AM
youll have fun with it at the badlands

bbender85
01-09-2009, 07:42 AM
good looking machine.. welcome!

Originally posted by deathcorefan2
thanks and all suggestions on my project are welcomed! :D :D

black seat cover would look great.

also, you mentioned doing some lighting; want to trade me front fenders? i have the silver maiers like you, with the factory lights.. but am considering hacking off my lights and doing a hood. let me know.

deathcorefan2
01-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by bbender85
good looking machine.. welcome!

black seat cover would look great.

also, you mentioned doing some lighting; want to trade me front fenders? i have the silver maiers like you, with the factory lights.. but am considering hacking off my lights and doing a hood. let me know.
well that would be awesome if i hadent already bought lights. i bought some chrome round universal lighting im going to mount somewhere..if i cant make that work i will let you know man
! i have always loved the stock headlights on a 400ex.

scuzz
01-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Like this:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/gwwaddle/450r.jpg

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=377904

deathcorefan2
01-09-2009, 11:59 AM
those are the exact lights i got lol
i found them at walmart, and i was like, why not? 15 bucks is pretty cheap lol.

deathcorefan2
01-09-2009, 09:54 PM
BUMP!!!

any other suggestions.