PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know how to adjust the suspension correctly?

hotshotgoal30
01-08-2009, 07:36 PM
i have the ds x package and i want to adjust the suspension for a 21o pound rider. i know they come from the factory with the suspension set for 175 pounds. i really have no idea what to mess with so if you guys can give me some pointers on where to start especially with the rear that would be great

Mr. Big Time
01-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Have you rode the bike yet? If you have how does it feel? A 210lb rider on a shock set up for a 175lb rider generally wont make a difference, unless they are very very fast riders.

You just gotta play with it. If its bouncing back to fast turn the rebound down, and if it not bouncing back fast enough, turn the rebound up...rebound is at the bottom of the shock, generally you wanna do 3 clicks at a time. Up should be clockwise, and down should be counterclockwise. It should say in your book.

bwkcobra03
01-09-2009, 12:14 AM
I just made sure mine is set to all stock spec's and did alot of trail riding. I am about 225lbs I ended up made the shock softer for the trails it feels better on my body. I cant tell if i lost any handeling or gained any handeling but my arms did not feel as sore after riding. I left the spring height at factory height. Just read the owners manual and keep trying to find out whear you like it. I am not a racer but like trail riding and to not feel sore after riding.

WesDS450X
01-09-2009, 12:21 AM
im 220 and stock settings are perect for me on the dunes

hotshotgoal30
01-09-2009, 07:50 AM
i used to have a raptor before i bought this. i would ride it for a weekend and be sore for 2 days after and im only 20. lol but i went out riding last weekend and while my buddies were sore i was ready for more. i cant belive the difference and how much better this suspension is. it really was soft took the jumps and bumps nice. im mostly a trail rider, but i knew the suspension was set up for a 175 pound person so i thought i would tweek it i just didnt know where to start. i really know nothing about suspension. i mean it felt great to me but i just didnt know if it could be better