PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Courses

brian250racer
01-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Do the AM and PM races use the exact same track? Or are the afternoon classes on a longer course?
I was looking into switching to a different class next year, and was looking at lap times for different classes. It seems as though alot of the morning riders lap times are faster than the afternoon guys...

smr
01-08-2009, 12:53 PM
usually the afternoon courses are a little longer.

They also run the afternoon classes through the pro pits. That adds a little more time.

cletusEX
01-08-2009, 06:09 PM
It is usually longer and the afternoon track is also a lot rougher. 300 racers have already torn the hell out of it for 2+ hours. The roughest the morning sees it, is on their last lap and that is as smooth as it is going to get for the afternoon race. It is definitely hard to compare lap times.

brian250racer
01-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks guys. I figured something was different. A few of the tracks the 30+C had lap times a couple of minutes faster than the Vet A class... Oh well, I like rougher tracks. I guess I will switch to the afternoon this year!!

Sjorge450R
01-09-2009, 05:32 PM
riding in the afternoon is nice. The riders are more repectful to each other and there are no bull head C class riders.

scottsworld
01-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
riding in the afternoon is nice. The riders are more repectful to each other and there are no bull head C class riders. coming from you haha thats funny lol.j/k

Robin Hood
01-10-2009, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by cletusEX
It is usually longer and the afternoon track is also a lot rougher. 300 racers have already torn the hell out of it for 2+ hours. The roughest the morning sees it, is on their last lap and that is as smooth as it is going to get for the afternoon race. It is definitely hard to compare lap times.

Yup. The GNCC @ Somerset added 2 more miles to the PM race from what I remember. My buddy came back with more dents in his frame than I did in the AM haha.

Sjorge450R
01-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by scottsworld
coming from you haha thats funny lol.j/k

hahahaha. Remember, im the one that still has a quad:eek2: