PDA

View Full Version : Good suspension set up.

rookiex
01-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Im thinking fox evols LT on front fourplay LT a-arms Fox rear shock and fourplay swing arm?

Pretty good set up?

And Stock shocks will I be able to do 80ft doubles (when I get back into it and in shape) without dieing on stock shocks?How are stock shocks on these ltrs?Will they suite me for now im not that fast anymore but I will be again (I hope)

Stiles86
01-08-2009, 02:36 PM
they sell a kit that make the stock shox beter its like a 1/4 spring or something i forget who makes it... but ive seen it some where might be worth looking up......

honda250xman
01-08-2009, 04:58 PM
hey buddy. i rip on stock shocks. but i weigh 150#. they hold up really well for me. i've hit big stuff. over a hundred feet. and it is doing just fine so far.

Warnerade
01-08-2009, 07:32 PM
you can only go so fast on the stock ltr shocks...they are better than most shocks, but theres a reason they make after market.

you cant go wrong with fox evols, thats for sure....I havent ridden on fourplay a-arms but I can tell you that my fox/walsh setup is amazing.

honda250xman
01-08-2009, 09:40 PM
yeah i totally agree with you warnerade. i gotta get some aftermarkets, i def feel like my shock situation is hindering my speed.

isma2racer9
01-09-2009, 09:32 AM
walsh is ofcourse good for a-arms, but other top notch brands are houser,laegers, lonestar and such

rookiex
01-09-2009, 12:21 PM
is four play any good?

Warnerade
01-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by isma2racer9
walsh is ofcourse good for a-arms, but other top notch brands are houser,laegers, lonestar and such laegers? I;d rather run stock

LTRracer4
01-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by rookiex
is four play any good?

yes fourplay is very good.

i will not buy another walsh product as long as i race.:rolleyes:

ONEBADLTR
01-10-2009, 01:22 AM
My roll design and elka elite track shocks are working good for me!

rookiex
01-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Dont get me wrong walsh and roll and houser I LOVE THEM but they are $$$$$ and fourplay has some dang good deals.And as I ask more and more ppl they tell me they are very good.

honda250xman
01-10-2009, 06:42 AM
i've heard good things about fourplay. that is actually, more than likely gonna be my next set of arms. so go with it man. im sure you wont be disappointed

jherbie28
01-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by LTRracer4
yes fourplay is very good.

i will not buy another walsh product as long as i race.:rolleyes:

why wont you buy another walsh product?

KingpinsEx
01-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Warnerade
you can only go so fast on the stock ltr shocks...

I guess you guys have never seen Doug Gust riding the stock LTR on his practice track? He goes faster than most can on a walsh/fox setup, its all in your ability. He's a big guy and he was clearing i think the 80 footer at his place no problem. Is aftermarket going to be smoother? Yes. Do you need them to race, No.

DP #000
01-10-2009, 10:14 AM
i got a bunch of walsh products on my race bike. got the new flow aarms, stem, swing arm, they all work great for me.

LTRracer4
01-10-2009, 10:56 AM
because they cost a ridiculous amount of money. I bought their a-arms because everyone "has to have them" first ride out i dented one right off on an mx track. didnt even know i hit anything. few months after that all my joints were shot and my front end was sloppy. My buddy has sheered off 2 walsh stems and seriously bent 1, the 2 he sheered off broke with normal racing. They sell nice products no doubt about it but why would i drop a few hundred more on them, when another company has products that hold up twice as good? thats all im saying. walsh is a WASTE of money unless you are a big time racer and can afford to replace their stuff when it fails, or gets sloppy.

jherbie28
01-10-2009, 12:22 PM
did you get ahold of mike? hes helped me out countless times, real good guy to deal with...........sorry for your bad luck

walsh all the way:macho

Warnerade
01-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
I guess you guys have never seen Doug Gust riding the stock LTR on his practice track? He goes faster than most can on a walsh/fox setup, its all in your ability. He's a big guy and he was clearing i think the 80 footer at his place no problem. Is aftermarket going to be smoother? Yes. Do you need them to race, No. and hes faster on his race bike than a stock bike.

so once again, YOU, can only go so fast on stock components. YOU, meaning each individual person.

Thanks for playing

KingpinsEx
01-10-2009, 01:57 PM
YOU can only go so fast on aftermarket components as well...or wait is this the matrix and with a walsh/fox front end are there no limits??

No problem anytime :p

Warnerade
01-10-2009, 02:00 PM
your a moron.

national #9
01-15-2009, 09:39 AM
KOQ long travel a-arms and link, Fox Evols DSC, and Podium-x dsc rear. They are very well built, they took 10 th at pont de vaux, which is one of the hardest tests of a product.

ltrracer
01-15-2009, 02:38 PM
im switching to atv fourplay's from walsh's, im LTRracer4's buddy that has sheared stems, i have bent a arms, busted heim joints, and wore bearings out like nobody's business and its a walsh and replacement parts from them are a fortune, hell i couldnt even get them to send me some free stickers, i had to pay for them, and so you know, im not hard on my stuff either, my bikes are very well taken care of, im a smooth rider and i have had nothing but problems with walsh

aberg123x
01-17-2009, 09:12 PM
wow really i have run the same walsh arms for 2 seasons and have had 0 problems. let me tell you i am a BIG boy 250# and hard as s*** on my stuff run her hard but take care of her. no problems with hiems or ball joints.