PDA

View Full Version : Few pics from the weekend race at NCMP

quad2xtreme
01-08-2009, 10:28 AM
These were snapshots pulled from full motion HD video. Still working out the bugs...

quad2xtreme
01-08-2009, 10:29 AM
bad start...made up 2 positions on this jump...

quad2xtreme
01-08-2009, 10:29 AM
took this inside opening to make up another...

quad2xtreme
01-08-2009, 10:30 AM
the start of making a move to 1st place...

quad2xtreme
01-08-2009, 10:31 AM
still trying to get around on the next jump...

quad2xtreme
01-08-2009, 10:32 AM
finally made it and hit this 70+' tabletop...

quad2xtreme
01-08-2009, 10:33 AM
I think this was the last jump I made before the finish line...

quad2xtreme
01-08-2009, 10:35 AM
track conditions at NCMP were perfect for the Jan 3rd races. There were a few riders who made the trip from the "cold" North. :D

Archers Lodge was in great shape on Jan 2nd too. My old friends from the North need to pack up and make a trip to NC. :p

JJs450r
01-08-2009, 12:27 PM
nice pics jon i really didnt get a chance to watch all the races after harris wrecked in practice we left right after the A class 2nd moto i hated bein out there the track looked great :( haha i wanted to race baddddd

rodeo#11
01-08-2009, 12:30 PM
nice pics man! i was planning on coming down there sometime soon, my friends race the harescramble series they do down there and that was the last time i was down there.. looks like a great track though.

quad2xtreme
01-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
nice pics jon i really didnt get a chance to watch all the races after harris wrecked in practice we left right after the A class 2nd moto i hated bein out there the track looked great :( haha i wanted to race baddddd

You should have stopped by to say hello.

I saw Harris' wreck. It looked nasty but hard to tell exactly what happened from a distance...it all happened so fast. I was pumped when I saw him make it...then disaster. How is he doing? I got a couple updates from Donny but haven't heard anything in a couple days.

JJs450r
01-08-2009, 02:21 PM
ya after he wrecked everythign went crazy helping them pack up and what not,

but i talked to his mom yestarday said he was at home movin a little bit she said he was doing good, needs 6-8 weeks to get better ya i was by the sign up tower when it happened we knew it was comming when he hit it sent his nose in the air i mean straight up if it were for that he probably woulda made it perfect he didnt have any back brake in the first practice so i think that mighta contributed ya it sucked :(

quad2xtreme
01-08-2009, 02:32 PM
ya after he wrecked everythign went crazy helping them pack up and what not,

but i talked to his mom yestarday said he was at home movin a little bit she said he was doing good, needs 6-8 weeks to get better ya i was by the sign up tower when it happened we knew it was comming when he hit it sent his nose in the air i mean straight up if it were for that he probably woulda made it perfect he didnt have any back brake in the first practice so i think that mighta contributed ya it sucked :(

that is the problem with that jump...you have to hit it so hard it is going to send you nose up but then it is so hard to crawl up on your quad to get the front end back down. I still thought he was going to land it even though he was really nose high.

That is one jump I will never try on a quad...especially now.

400ex28
01-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Sweet pics

JJs450r
01-08-2009, 02:55 PM
we all tried talking him out of it, it looked like the bikes were have trouble gettin over it i think his grab bar mighta grab some dirt send him forward over the bars but we couldnt really tell from behind the jump and the flagger said all he seen was him go over and start flipping

jherbie28
01-08-2009, 04:00 PM
congrats on 1 more first jon, thats awsome man.........i hate you by the way. id love to get down there with ya and i know the offer is always open:p the weather up here has been so crappy its not even funny. ill tell ya what, those trucks are a really close to the starting gate:eek2: rock chips anyone?

way to go again man............your gonna be to fast to handle come march:chinese:

01-08-2009, 04:30 PM
At least his ltr is ok :D He got out of the hospital yesterday, gonna be around 4-6 weeks till he can ride again.

quad2xtreme
01-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by jherbie28
congrats on 1 more first jon, thats awsome man.........i hate you by the way. id love to get down there with ya and i know the offer is always open:p the weather up here has been so crappy its not even funny. ill tell ya what, those trucks are a really close to the starting gate:eek2: rock chips anyone?

way to go again man............your gonna be to fast to handle come march:chinese:

Tyler was down this weekend and raced in the B class. He finished 2nd in the 1st moto and 6th in his 2nd moto due to this...

quad2xtreme
01-08-2009, 06:26 PM
he ended up 4th overall but could have finished 2nd for sure.

JRP
01-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Cole called me after he was done racing n told me about it all, can't believe harris tried to do that, not the smartest thing. Thats one jump if they built the face up, its doable but not the way it is, no way! But congrats jon, i see you passing robbie whitehead int he air, siiiccckkkkk

quad2xtreme
01-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I was looking for you Jordan. I thought for sure if you were gonna race then this would be it. It must be true that you have retired for now. :(

How do you like Lake Gaston? I am getting mixed reviews. I plan to check it out soon. I think I am going to head back to Cow Branch too and give it another try...last time I left right away knowing I would most likely end up hurt from the SuperCross style jumps...not too much fun on a quad. I think I've improved over the last year so maybe I am ready this time. Of course, I will still need to find a test dummy to take with me. :p

quad2xtreme
01-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by JRP
Cole called me after he was done racing n told me about it all, can't believe harris tried to do that, not the smartest thing. Thats one jump if they built the face up, its doable but not the way it is, no way! But congrats jon, i see you passing robbie whitehead int he air, siiiccckkkkk

yea, the drive to win can be hard to overcome. If I were Harris, I would have probably waited until the 2nd moto to do that if I came in 1st or 2nd in the 1st moto. I am sorry to see him get hurt but I really did want to see someone progress the sport and hit that on a quad. Funny thing is I just got the HD camera and was getting ready to contact Harris about getting some video since I heard he had hit it before. I'm guessing he won't be trying it again any time soon.

Donny Millard was hitting the downhill triple during the race that you were just getting your front wheels over at one point...your dad has some video of it that you posted somewhere. That is the last thing I need to clear at NCMP...well, except for the jump Harris tried. I will never try that unless some changes are made to the lip and the lander is smoothed out. I am to afraid of catching the rear tires on that landing lip and flipping over.

BlasterBTW
01-09-2009, 07:43 AM
Nice pictures. Sorry to hear about Harris wrecking. When is the next race there? Whenever my YFZ comes in, I'm taking a trip down to Gaston, wouldn't mind hitting up NCMP. I was there once last year, but didn't race because of hurting my wrist at Archer's Lodge. How is Cow Branch? I've heard it has some nice jumps. Maybe I'll be able to see you guys around?

quad2xtreme
01-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by BlasterBTW
Nice pictures. Sorry to hear about Harris wrecking. When is the next race there? Whenever my YFZ comes in, I'm taking a trip down to Gaston, wouldn't mind hitting up NCMP. I was there once last year, but didn't race because of hurting my wrist at Archer's Lodge. How is Cow Branch? I've heard it has some nice jumps. Maybe I'll be able to see you guys around?

February 14th is the next race. Going to Gaston and not going another 30 minutes to NCMP is just crazy...especially if you have been to Archers Lodge. NCMP is closed the day before the race too so don't plan on riding on the 13th. We went to Archers the day before the race.

Cow Branch is great for riders who like SuperCross style jumps. I've only been there once since they changed the track in Dec 2007. It is too dangerous for my tastes. I didn't stay long at all but I am thinking about going back.

I just hurt my wrist at Archers too. Was hitting the finish line triple all day long then it rained pretty hard. I came up short by a few feet. Ouch!!! There was a guy down from Hellbound racing hitting the 120' triple on a quad. I checked around and haven't heard of anyone else doing that. I know a guy who is at the track almost every weekend on a bike. He said it was hard to believe especially since it had been sprinkling most of the day. I saw him do it 3 times so I know it's been done.

Definitely PM me if you are heading this way.

BlasterBTW
01-09-2009, 08:13 AM
It would sure be nice to hit up Gaston on the 13th and then NCMP 14th. We'll see what I can do! Need my YFZ!

Cow Branch sounds like my kinda place, the harder the jumps the better.

When we were at Archers there was 3 of hitting the big triple. Its not that hard, just if you come up a little short the landing is a little harsh. :rolleyes: The one guy with us, Brian Ace #338 was on a Hellbound quad. Maybe thats the one you heard of? I really liked that place, I don't get the chance to ride in sand that often so it was neat to roll through it when it got choppy. Do they still have that piece on the track with a hairpin berm (the one with the tree in it) into a double into a table? Thats the jump I hurt my wrist on, trying to gauge myself to jump the whole thing. By the way, don't try it. :huh lol

Ace #338
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/MX911450/NC%202008/S7300159.jpg
Witmer #117
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/MX911450/NC%202008/S7300160.jpg
Coming up a little short. :eek:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/MX911450/NC%202008/S7300158.jpg

JJs450r
01-09-2009, 08:26 AM
jon do you know what happened to seth in A class first moto, i caught the end of his wreck, was in the off camber turn right before the down hill tripple, was like he came out the turn and just start flipping hopefully ill be able to make it to the elizabeth city race coming up i didnt think it would take this long to get my rear shock back :-/

quad2xtreme
01-09-2009, 08:46 AM
jon do you know what happened to seth in A class first moto, i caught the end of his wreck, was in the off camber turn right before the down hill tripple, was like he came out the turn and just start flipping hopefully ill be able to make it to the elizabeth city race coming up i didnt think it would take this long to get my rear shock back :-/

There were more wrecks this time than I've seen in quite some time so it is hard to keep track of all of them. Was he the one who didn't clear the small triple rhythm section before the stepdown? If not, then I probably missed it.

JRP
01-09-2009, 10:09 AM
seth feltner? #36? Damn, i need to call him and see if hes okay, he got rocked pretty good at birch a few months back, hopefully nothing major happened. but jon, i wanna race so bad, once i get some spending money, ill be back! Its been 3 months since ive riden....:(

01-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Ive talked to harris and im pretty sure he didnt mean to jump that far haha. He just got alot of engine work done and from what i understand he just overshot the landing that he was going for. Hopefully ill have mine set up before the next series! Cowbranch has some pretty scary jumps there. If you like big air then you will love cowbranch. Theres one double near the middle of the track that is really technical and if you case it, its gonna be a bad time

JJs450r
01-09-2009, 09:37 PM
no it was in the off camber left hander right before the double then the right to the down hill tripple, was like he came out of the turn and just lost it i think he cracked his fender didnt look 2 bad though he race 2nd moto and put in a 2nd place

quad2xtreme
01-10-2009, 05:57 AM
no it was in the off camber left hander right before the double then the right to the down hill tripple, was like he came out of the turn and just lost it i think he cracked his fender didnt look 2 bad though he race 2nd moto and put in a 2nd place

I totally missed it then. I was busy watching more of the B class action because Tyler #322 was down from NJ. He rolled over in that left off camber turn in his 2nd moto. He came down the hill pretty fast and tried to slide into the turn but his tires grabbed. He still salvaged a 6th place finish in the 2nd moto.

dan harris
01-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Hey Jon,

Great pictures and some pretty awesome racing action. Hope to make it down there soon to ride with you in that sunny NC weather.

....Nothing but Ice, Snow and Freezing temps up here!

JJs450r
01-10-2009, 07:58 AM
ya it was in that same turn but he was going out of it when it happened, ya didnt seth wreck at cowbranch a while ago

hondaracer31
01-10-2009, 09:18 AM
You're lookin' good out there Jon! Someday I'll make the trip but, as long as I have this.....

hondaracer31
01-10-2009, 09:20 AM
And , since this is what I woke up to.....
It probably won't be in the dead of winter.:devil:

quad2xtreme
01-10-2009, 10:23 AM
very cool Barry. Lots of people who have never ridden a snowmobile can't imagine they are more fun than quads. The acceleratiion is unbelievable and the suspension on a good snowmobile can't be beat. All of this coming from a guy who only rode a snowmobile for 6 hours. We went to a play area in Utah for 2 hours and I was jumping before you knew it...and I even got grounded for 15 minutes for bad behavior. lol. I climbed a hill they told us not to go up. I thought they meant everyone but me. :rolleyes: :p

So do you get to hit your mx track at all on that? I always thought BPG would be awesome on a snowmobile. Those guys in the winter x-games are amazing. They can hit stuff with almost no approach at all.