PDA

View Full Version : 09 Outlaw, opinions?

gimp419
01-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Guys I got to ride the new 09 outlaw 450mxr for an online media outlet the other day. I really liked the bike seemed like a great race platform. We're going to do a budget MX build on it and then retest it but in stock trim it surprised me. Just curious if anyone out there has gotten to ride the 09 yet. From my experience the 09 is a lot better machine than the 08. It'd be nice if they'd made it 49 inches wide instead of 47.5 but it feels a lot better than the 08 did on the track. Polaris is getting better.

GE4x4
01-08-2009, 02:15 PM
I have not rode one yet, but from what I have read, it's been very good. They all say spec wise not much has changed, but with the new plastic and shock valving made a huge diffence in confidence and felt faster. Sounds just like what you said.

deathcorefan2
01-08-2009, 11:10 PM
dirtwheels tested it and said

quote: The six pounds removed from the outlaw feels like much more while flying through the air."

so it must feel a lot lighter. also they moved the pegs back to prevent easy wheelies...you KNOW a quad is fast when you have to do that. lol. also it is lowered more.

rooster300ex
01-11-2009, 01:51 PM
It is one of the ugliest quads i've ever seen. I've never rode one so I don't have an opinion on that.

GE4x4
01-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
It is one of the ugliest quads i've ever seen. I've never rode one so I don't have an opinion on that.

That was real imformative.:confused:

Also, the last time I checked, looks don't win races.

gimp419
01-12-2009, 10:35 AM
The 09 actually looks a lot better than the 08s did. Once I get to ride the bike with some mods I'll have a better idea of it's potential but I've been impressed with it in stock form so far.

rooster300ex
01-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by GE4x4
That was real imformative.:confused:

Also, the last time I checked, looks don't win races.

The thing looks like one of those off brand quads that you buy on the side of the road. The thread says OPINIONS. That was my first opinion. When I ride one I can be more informative.

deathcorefan2
01-12-2009, 03:22 PM
The thing looks like one of those off brand quads that you buy on the side of the road. The tread says OPINIONS. That was my first opinion. When I ride one I can be more informative.

no it doesnt. the honda 700xx looks like a chinese piece. you must have them mixed up.

rooster300ex
01-13-2009, 06:51 PM
How come everybody has to argue. The thread said your OPINIONS. I said my opinions. I would not have anything to say on your opinions even if I didn't agree with them.

GE4x4
01-13-2009, 08:16 PM
The guy asked for opinions on it performance. I didn't see anything where he asked on looks. So when you come out with your remark you sound like a kid repeating what a couple other kids have said.

rooster300ex
01-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
The guy asked for opinions on it performance. I didn't see anything where he asked on looks. So when you come out with your remark you sound like a kid repeating what a couple other kids have said.

I don't see anything in the subject about PERFORMANCE OPINIONS. It says 09 outlaw opinions. I'm no kid. I just gave my opinion. Like I said I wouldn't say anything about anybody elses opinions. So do the same. Your the one acting like a kid arguing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deathcorefan2
01-14-2009, 08:20 PM
I don't see anything in the subject about PERFORMANCE OPINIONS. It says 09 outlaw opinions. I'm no kid. I just gave my opinion. Like I said I wouldn't say anything about anybody elses opinions. So do the same. Your the one acting like a kid arguing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you post a pic of a chinese quad side by side with the 09 outlaw? i dont see the similarities.

katch26
01-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by deathcorefan2

quote: The six pounds removed from the outlaw feels like much more while flying through the air."

so it must feel a lot lighter. also they moved the pegs back to prevent easy wheelies...you KNOW a quad is fast when you have to do that. lol. also it is lowered more.

do you think they moved the pegs forward for that or was it because people were complaining that they couldnt reach the shifter with anything less than a size 13? all in all its starting to grow on me, I just wish they would have addressed the airbox issue. Definately making huge strides in the fit and finish dept eliminating all those fasteners, it never mentions detail but does anyone know if they standardized the remaining bolts. Polaris used to use a mixed bag of metric and standard bolts and the plastics were always different bolts (sizing and style).

grantmi
01-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by katch26
do you think they moved the pegs forward for that or was it because people were complaining that they couldnt reach the shifter with anything less than a size 13? all in all its starting to grow on me, I just wish they would have addressed the airbox issue. Definately making huge strides in the fit and finish dept eliminating all those fasteners, it never mentions detail but does anyone know if they standardized the remaining bolts. Polaris used to use a mixed bag of metric and standard bolts and the plastics were always different bolts (sizing and style).

I don't believe the foot pegs were moved forward on the 450, only the 525's.

SSJEFF
01-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by deathcorefan2

That was funny!!! Dirtwheels LOL!!!

SSJEFF
01-15-2009, 12:43 PM
I have rideen a 09 525s and the only thing I did not like was the seat got too wide to far forward so when you leaned back to go through woops it spread my legs apart. It should be the same on the 450mxr. I like my 08 450mxr. It is not a stock quad though.

The finish on the 09 is really nice, they still have some minor issues like the seat pads not hitting the frame in the rear and one is pretty close to the brake reservoir.

kellymi
01-15-2009, 05:54 PM
I love the look of the 09s. They did most of the changes I was hoping for. Yes, all the bolts for the plastic are now all the same size, type, and metric I believe. I would have bought one of these if money wasn't an issue.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-16-2009, 09:41 AM
The pegs were only moved on the 525 models. I really like the styling changes made to the 09s. We hope to have a XC build started very soon. I enjoyed racing the 08 outlaw and I am looking forward to the improvments made for this year.

deathcorefan2
01-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by SSJEFF
That was funny!!! Dirtwheels LOL!!!

? ok its a magazine. i know they are baised sometimes but i dont think they would lie about something so stupid as that.