PDA

View Full Version : 07 450er fitment

pro-rider46
01-07-2009, 05:16 PM
k, i bought a carb the other day, its off of a 07 er, i heard when you put a trx fcr on a 04/05 it does not clear the gas tank, now i have heard that you can cut the sensor that sticks up into the gas tank, if anyone has done this, can anyone tell my how to do it.

i dont get the carb until tommorow. so i cant see how i can do it in person.

thanks for any input.

pro-rider46
01-07-2009, 07:49 PM
also, does anyone know where i can get a airbox to carb adapter cheap.

d3ktrix
01-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
also, does anyone know where i can get a airbox to carb adapter cheap.

http://www.nossmachine.com/honda_quad_parts.htm

Dasa also makes the Ratstack

Not cheap at all sadly.
Rip off IMO lol

Only way to get it any cheaper that I know of is buying used.
But they are hard to come by, I had no luck finding a used one when I need it.

And the 06+ air boot/box fit like *** on our bikes, so I wouldn't recommend that.

pro-rider46
01-08-2009, 01:48 PM
yeah i was looking into the dasa one. i heard that they can be picked up for about 50 bucks. idk, i emailed them, but i dont think they ever checked there emails.

i thought about the 06 boot, but i heard that they dont fit right, and they dont flow as good as the 05s with the adapter. i would like to get a fci intake down the road, but not for a while, i wanna get rid of the boat achor,lol.

HondaRaceReady
01-09-2009, 10:44 AM
You could put an 08 gas tank on it if you dont feel like cutting part of the carb. Venom makes a rat stack too if dasa doesnt answer.

pro-rider46
01-09-2009, 02:50 PM
i would buy a 06+ tank, but i really dont have any money now, and i owe my dad 30 bucks for the noss adapter i bought last night, that and i have graphics i have on my dad, and dont feel like trying to make them work on a new tank.

but thanks for the input.

pro-rider46
01-09-2009, 02:50 PM
i would buy a 06+ tank, but i really dont have any money now, and i owe my dad 30 bucks for the noss adapter i bought last night, that and i have graphics i have on my dad, and dont feel like trying to make them work on a new tank.

but thanks for the input.