PDA

View Full Version : looney tuned exhaust?

drillteamleader
01-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Does anyone have this, or know how well it works? how does it sound?

gpd005
01-08-2009, 10:17 AM
I had a Looney Tuned Dual Exhaust on my old 400. It sounds really good and looks cool and got all kinds of looks from people when we went riding. But the power wasn't all that great. I actually sold it and went back to a single HMF and was much happier.

buck440
01-08-2009, 11:34 AM
how much could i expect to pay for a used one?

Brauap
01-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by gpd005
I had a Looney Tuned Dual Exhaust on my old 400. It sounds really good and looks cool and got all kinds of looks from people when we went riding. But the power wasn't all that great. I actually sold it and went back to a single HMF and was much happier.

Like what kinda gains where there? And how was the sound compared to the HMF?

You have now become our 'lab rat' haha

01-08-2009, 02:34 PM
IMO I think 2 headers running like that with big more open silencers would be too free flowing and wouldnt have the snap. Maybe if they made the headers the size of a 250ex around stock size the whole way back into the silencers it might do well. Just seems like extra weight and more for looks.

01-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
IMO I think 2 headers running like that with big more open silencers would be too free flowing and wouldnt have the snap. Maybe if they made the headers the size of a 250ex around stock size the whole way back into the silencers it might do well. Just seems like extra weight and more for looks.

Thats how I feel.

But I can see these working awesome on a 452, 460, and 500 stroker. Somethin that breathes a lot of air

gpd005
01-09-2009, 01:41 PM
It kinda sounded like a sprint car, a lot deeper than a single pipe. Power was just okay but nothing great. I was much happier with a single pipe and an HMF slip on. And I think i sold them for $500 used on eBay. It get's lot's of attention and a very cool mod, if you are just a casual trail/dune rider i'd say go for it. But if you are a racer i would put that money elsewhere!

Chin_Chilla
01-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Sounds like a sprint car? Ok...

It sounds just like my Yoshi exhaust did before I installed the LTE dualz. I couldn't tell you how it works with a stock motor, but it would probably hurt the performance sinse it flows alot more than a single headpipe does.

I have HotCams stage 2, mild port work, 440 Bige bore at 12.5:1 on VP C-12, FCR 39mm, not stroked. I could really feel it pull more than the Yoshi did all over the powerband. I got it at a really ridiculous price (Cheap), so it was good.

People stomp on it for pricey, weight, and looks. If none of these are an issue to you, I'd say go for it.

drillteamleader
01-09-2009, 05:20 PM
I have an 11:1 stock bore, hc stage1, port work, 450r carb, and the sparks advance key. Do you think it would be better to have a full exhaust, or keep the HMF slip on?