PDA

View Full Version : pep big bottles vs. 21 click

mpblaster287
01-07-2009, 12:27 PM
What is the difference be between the two? I have the 21 click pep shocks now. Is it just the bottle or the valving inside the shock body itself? Can i turn my 21 clicks into the 8 click big bottles?

NacsMXer
01-07-2009, 08:31 PM
I've had both and definitely like the big bottles better. Increased capacity with the big bottles = less shock fade and better performance. Also with the 8 clicks, you get more "felt difference" with each click vs. the 21 clicks. Helps you dial in the shocks to your liking much faster. I do believe you can get your remote rezzies converted to 8 click big bottles.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-08-2009, 08:54 AM
The 21 click rezzies is a Showa part it has a bladder in it and the comp adjuster is a spring loaded plate. as you turn the knob clockwise it increases the spring pressure on the plate, this allows it to hold back more fluid flow before it is pushed back. The 8 click big rezzies is a Fox rezzies the same one use on the rear predator shock. It has a interanl floating piston. The comp adjuster cahgnes the amount of fluid that is forced through a valve stack in the rezzies as you turn it up or down you came the amount of fluid that is allowed to bypass the valve stack. Both work well a bladder gives a softer ride over really small bumps. Your shock can be changed or .

JH Racing
01-08-2009, 09:10 AM
The 8 click PEPs use a bladder also the adj. is a shim style but it still uses a bladder

Colby@C&DRacing
01-08-2009, 09:26 AM
I stand corrected I forget that in an OEM application like on the predator the rezzies uses an IFP and PEP installed a bladder in the rezzie.

mpblaster287
01-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the info guys

mpblaster287
01-09-2009, 09:47 PM
I talked to the guys at SF Racing today and they were very helpful...incae anyone is wondering the conversion from 21 click to 8 click big bottle is def possible. 175 per reservoir + 150 for the remote piggyback kit + 50 for service not including any additional parts come to a total of $550 for the conversion....now i will ask anyone who has had both versions of the pep shock....do you think its worth it?

NacsMXer
01-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by mpblaster287
I talked to the guys at SF Racing today and they were very helpful...incae anyone is wondering the conversion from 21 click to 8 click big bottle is def possible. 175 per reservoir + 150 for the remote piggyback kit + 50 for service not including any additional parts come to a total of $550 for the conversion....now i will ask anyone who has had both versions of the pep shock....do you think its worth it?

I looked into this conversion when I had the 21 clicks. I definitely like the 8 clicks better, but I would rather put that 550 towards a new set of shocks, possibly long travel (if you are standard now). You won't notice $550 worth of difference I can tell you that. Just have to think about the cost to benefit ratio with this one.

mpblaster287
01-09-2009, 10:41 PM
my 21 clicks are Lt now but i was thinking the same thing...i paid 300 for the shocks but if i put 550 more into them i could have had a used set of evols ot something...so i think ill just stick with the 21 clicks or just buy a new set