PDA

View Full Version : what jet kit should i go with?

exrider12
01-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Should igo sparks, dynojet or hrc. My mods are open air box,uni filter, and sparks full. my elevationis between 1000-1500 feet.

So which one should i get? which has the best jets and needles. I heard something about all the needles being different? im not sure. Can you guys help me out?

venom450r
01-07-2009, 10:25 AM
I use genuine kehin jets. You can order a kit from jetsrus.com

01-07-2009, 02:45 PM
while you are at jetsrus.com pricing their jet kits, read the faq on jets and jetting to the left of the screen, as well as reading any others that may be of help to you...

exrider12
01-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Dont like that one.. Any one else?

pro-rider46
01-07-2009, 05:04 PM
go with sparks. you have their exhaust. use there needle, and they probably give you genuine keihen jets anyhow.

exrider12
01-07-2009, 05:40 PM
ok. Btw how did you polish your exhaust so well? and how do you like it?

venom450r
01-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Haha, they're jets...what's not to like??

pro-rider46
01-07-2009, 06:19 PM
i polished it with sandpaper up 1000 grit asnd applied mothers, all by hand. i love my exhaust, just finished repacking it, and it sounds great. and it felt snappier, cant wait to put my fcr on.

jkulysses
01-07-2009, 08:21 PM
The sparks jet kit is very nice and comes with everything you need now and for future upgrades. Stay away from the dynojet kit, it's junk. The hrc kit is also a good one and cheaper but doesn't come with all the extra jets like the sparks kit.

exrider12
01-11-2009, 07:23 PM
What jets does it come with? I know the needle but what main jets and pilot jets?

pro-rider46
01-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by jkulysses
The sparks jet kit is very nice and comes with everything you need now and for future upgrades. Stay away from the dynojet kit, it's junk. The hrc kit is also a good one and cheaper but doesn't come with all the extra jets like the sparks kit.

can you explain how the dyno jet kit is junk? just curious

BlaineKaiser450
01-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Sparks would work really well with your setup

01-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46

go to www.jetsrus.com and read the "jets and jetting faq" that is a link on the left of the page.

also, i was running one of their kits in my previous 400ex, while cleaning the carb, i had the needle out, i knocked it on the floor and stepped on it, bending it. i knew it was a dyno jet kit as i still even had the little baggie that the needle came in. they would not sell me just the needle until they had verified that the needle i had bent was a dyno jet needle. i read them the number off of the little baggie, as well as numbers from the other jets and the upc off of the back of the box. i still had to send them the needle before they would sell me another one. i packaged up the needle and mailed it out to them. 3.5, yes 3.5 weeks later, i finally get a new needle and see that i was charged $5 for the needle and $7 for shipping. it came in a regular envelope. that is it, nothing to prevent it from getting bent in the mail. i had contacted them a few times in those 3 weeks to see what the hold up was...they were still testing it. it is a good thing i was not racing a weekly series for points, i would have missed 3 weeks.

they weren't overly pleasant to talk to either, it was as if i were bothering them.

wykyd450R
01-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46

The dynoJet kit has a little brass plug ( about the diameter of a toothpick ) that you "drive" into the airjet, blocking it, so you can use the DJ kit. Why you would block that, I dont know. What I do know, is its almost impossible to get the plug back out without ruining the carb, because it sits flush into the carb You pretty much have to drill it out very carefully.....JUNK!!

wykyd450R
01-12-2009, 08:15 AM
Here is the plug....

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/quadman400ex/plugdj-1.jpg

Here is what you block off

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/quadman400ex/airjet.jpg