PDA

View Full Version : Ozarks Cross Country ATV Racing Series

trailrider894
01-07-2009, 08:05 AM
has anyone raced in this series?? Ozarks Cross Country ATV Racing Series?? it is in missouri and i plan on jumping on to round 4. i just would like to know what to expect?? if so does anyone have anytips or tricks for this series??

smr
01-07-2009, 09:11 AM
good series. We live in western Ky and we race a couple every year.

We should be a mountain view.

trailrider894
01-07-2009, 10:39 AM
i'll be at the holts summit and westpalia . i'm just looking for someone to ride with that rides xc just really to c how well i can keep up. i have been racing mx for a few years. i own a large farm so i ride a-lot.

KILLSWITCHngage
01-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Prep your quad for rocks and mud, Missouri is rocky. There tracks are natural terrain, hills, creeks, trails, 4- 5 or 6 miles in length.

montycarlo
01-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
i'll be at the holts summit and westpalia . i'm just looking for someone to ride with that rides xc just really to c how well i can keep up. i have been racing mx for a few years. i own a large farm so i ride a-lot.

You'll do just fine. Just make sure your bolts are tight & quad is prepped for the woods. :cool:

airmobile101
01-13-2009, 08:21 PM
You'll be fine as mentioned in above statements. Blue loctite will be your best friend.

trailrider894
01-13-2009, 10:08 PM
what do u consider prepped for the woods??

airmobile101
01-13-2009, 10:37 PM
I think Monty is refering to your basic maintnance. You need to give your bike a serious look over before you race. If your gonna race the OXC, You best get a full skid plate if you don't have one. And a kill switch(tether).

airmobile101
01-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Feb. 07, Mountain View, Missouri. Extremely rocky @ the 480. Come on out !!!

trailrider894
01-20-2009, 08:37 PM
na man can't make it got a wedding to go to that weekend :( but i'll be at holts summit, westephalia, and a few more for sure. let me know if you gonna be at any of them and maybe we can hook up and talk for a few minutes. i'd like to get some 1 on 1 time with some guys who know what they are talking about so i can pop some questions. if anyone is willing to listen to me. lol

airmobile101
01-20-2009, 11:51 PM
I should be at all of them with the exception of Trenton. I should be there also,just depends on the gas prices. As for me knowing anything, Im about dumb as they come:devil:

trailrider894
01-21-2009, 06:48 AM
what class are you racing???

airmobile101
01-21-2009, 08:26 AM
B+30

cmmick
01-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Don't listen to this guy. . he's full of shxt :) :D :p

trailrider894
01-21-2009, 08:31 PM
yeah i'll be racing begginer class but i figure i'll get moved up to c class really fast. cause i've seen my how my freinds ride that race in the c class and i can beat them so easily. yeah so do you think that 450r shocks , armadillo belly skid/stock swinger skid(not a plastic one) , gibson steering stabilizer, razr tires all-around would work??? also should i take out my rear wheel spacers ?? the add about 4 inches 2inches on each side??? and i am looking for somebody who is gonna be racing up there to maybe show me around a little.

airmobile101
01-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by cmmick
Don't listen to this guy. . he's full of shxt :) :D :p
Don't listen to this chic... she is as slow as I am.:blah: :D

airmobile101
01-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
yeah i'll be racing begginer class but i figure i'll get moved up to c class really fast. cause i've seen my how my freinds ride that race in the c class and i can beat them so easily. yeah so do you think that 450r shocks , armadillo belly skid/stock swinger skid(not a plastic one) , gibson steering stabilizer, razr tires all-around would work??? also should i take out my rear wheel spacers ?? the add about 4 inches 2inches on each side??? and i am looking for somebody who is gonna be racing up there to maybe show me around a little.
I don't think there is a beginner class. Just run the C class, you'll do fine. Trust me;) Two issues that I see with the stuff you suggested. First being the stabilizer, if its a bump stick, get rid of it. Those things are worthless IMO. I do have one on my quad,but I will be upgrading to a GPR/Elka/Percision soon. You gotta remember, your gonna have to fight the bump stick in turns depending on what setting you have it set at. It can be a task to steer the quad after an hour into the race with that thing.
2nd, you don't want to widen it too much. Remember, this is woods racing. 50" only clearance in some trails/trees. If your too wide, you will clip a tree. Make damn sure if you havent bought the Razr's yet, that you get 6 ply razr's. Your also gonna need a kill tether. I usually arrive at the races around 7-8 am since my boy races.

trailrider894
01-22-2009, 09:21 AM
k i have the stabilizer just not on the quad yet. and my razers are 6ply already atleast the front ones are the rear tires on still waiting to get put on. yes i can take out the spacers not big deal. yep i heard there was a begginer class?? but i'll just race c class anyway.

airmobile101
01-22-2009, 12:19 PM
As long as the fronts are 6 ply, your in good shape,they take most of the abuse. Here are the classes.

Classes

Pro-100% Payback

Pro-Am

Vet

A

B

B +30

C

C +30

Utility

Youth 13-15

Trailrider / No points