PDA

View Full Version : 2012 and the Apocalypse

Punk'd
01-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Has anyone else been watching the History channel at all this whole week? Some of this stuff is interesting, but who knows the truth.

Guess we'll find out 2012 :devil:

Quad18star
01-07-2009, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Has anyone else been watching the History channel at all this whole week? Some of this stuff is interesting, but who knows the truth.

Guess we'll find out 2012 :devil:

I'll just keep plugging away at life until it happens. We were all supposed to die in the 80's , the 90's and in 2000.... not sure 2012 is anything different.

rookiex
01-07-2009, 08:12 AM
People have long prediected there ''armageddon''

03pete
01-07-2009, 08:27 AM
It could be 2012 or 2013 because remember when time switched from BC to AD, we went from year 1 BC to 1 AD skipping the year 0. This would make it 2012 or 2013. Either way, I don't think anything is going to happen.

Quad18star
01-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by 03pete
It could be 2012 or 2013 because remember when time switched from BC to AD, we went from year 1 BC to 1 AD skipping the year 0. This would make it 2012 or 2013. Either way, I don't think anything is going to happen.

:huh

BC stands for Before Christ and AD is Latin " Anno Domini" which means after the birth of Christ . You can consider his birth moment the 0 mark ... and things get counted from there. 1 AD means 1 year after the birth of Christ.

SPDSNYPR
01-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I'll just keep plugging away at life until it happens. We were all supposed to die in the 80's , the 90's and in 2000.... not sure 2012 is anything different.

Exactly . . . . .

Let's just say that you're way more likely to be killed in a car crash on the way to something mundane than some giant cataclysm in 2012.

Mxjunkie
01-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Oh well, we'll just have to throw a big party on that day so no one will mind a big boom or something.. :blah:

adawg89
01-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Yeah I saw that on history channel too.

rookiex
01-07-2009, 10:54 AM
If it was to happen I would try to jump 400 foot on a quad and get it on tape and after I was dead from the landing have someone put it on youtube.hehehehe

pro-rider46
01-07-2009, 11:01 AM
i was watching the history channel. it was really creeping me out, thinking about all the stuff that could happen. Nostradamus has predicted something to happen on that day. Idk what will happen.

rookiex
01-07-2009, 11:12 AM
That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and
snakes, an aeroplane and Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn - world
serves its own needs, dummy serve your own needs. Feed
it off an aux speak, grunt, no, strength, the Ladder
start to clatter with fear fight down height. Wire
in a fire, representing seven games, and a government
for hire at a combat site. Left of west and coming in
a hurry with the furys breathing down your neck. Team
by team reporters baffled, trumped, tethered cropped.
Look at that low playing. Fine, then. Uh oh,
overflow, population, common food, but it'll do to Save
yourself, serve yourself. World serves its own needs,
listen to your heart bleed dummy with the rapture and
the revered and the right, right. You vitriolic,
patriotic, slam, fight, bright light, feeling pretty
psyched.

It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign
towers. Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself
churn. Lock it in, uniforming, book burning, blood
letting. Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate.
Light a candle, light a motive. Step down, step down.
Watch your heel crush, crushed, uh-oh, this means no
fear cavalier. Renegade steer clear! A tournament,
tournament, a tournament of lies. Offer me solutions,
offer me alternatives and I decline.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

The other night I dreamt of knives, continental
drift divide. Mountains sit in a line, Leonard
Bernstein. Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester
Bangs. Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom! You
symbiotic, patriotic, slam bug net, right? Right.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel

byrdman37876
01-07-2009, 11:17 AM
heard something about the Aztec calender is supposed to start over that day or something like that....who knows, if something does happen who's to say it isn't just a fluke?

01-07-2009, 02:08 PM

couldnt agree more, theres kids dropping out of school and parents allowing their kids to do whatever they want. its nuts they said "well the worlds going to end in a few years so there no point getting an education if i'm going to die" people are crazy. Y2K i was old enough to remember that and stuff they said every computer is going to crash and there could be blackouts... nothing happen now did it. I read into this a lot and found out how many people are truely crazy. from my beliefs the World will not end

quads14589
01-07-2009, 04:20 PM
well, whats going to happen a metor gonna hit earth or something, how do they predict something like that hundreds of years ago.. i dont think anything is going to hapen

Warnerade
01-07-2009, 04:58 PM
they cant predict a meteor, but they can predict when all of the planets are going to perfectly in line and will cause a polar shift

yam450_53
01-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
they cant predict a meteor, but they can predict when all of the planets are going to perfectly in line and will cause a polar shift

ditto.

I personally think it's a big load of bull crap. I don't believe ANY of it not ONE SECOND. Like some other guy posted higher, it's just another reason to get drunk on that day, at least I know I will. Till then, I'll keep on with my life and sleep on both ears.

elmer91
01-07-2009, 07:13 PM
The Mayans( i think that is who they are, maybe aztecs) have predicted other events that have been proven to be correct. the day they said it was going to happen was off by a little, but nothing to extreme. so you never know...

250r rider 88
01-07-2009, 07:18 PM
the real deal about it is the mayans or aztecs can remember of the top of my head, created that calender and ended it on 12-21-2012, their thoughts and theory behind it was that the world could not last that long (natural rescources would run out, etc. etc., and if it did the planets inhabitants of that time would have the technology to make the next calender thats the simple truth of it folks

Nostradamus also predicted alot of things that were very sure to happen anyway, so to hype up his ego he knew the calender ended that day, and probably just said "yea the worlds gonna end that day"

thats my 2 cents on the subject

Warnerade
01-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by elmer91
The Mayans( i think that is who they are, maybe aztecs) have predicted other events that have been proven to be correct. the day they said it was going to happen was off by a little, but nothing to extreme. so you never know... so they survived the last time we had a polar shift, calculated when the next ones gonna come and just knew that this time around we couldnt make it through?

This isnt the day after tomorrow where the tempeture outside is gonna drop to absolutely zero in one half of the earths hemisphere while hurricanes are merging together all over the wold over the middle of land

atvmaster0927
01-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah I have mixed ideas about this subject. I think the mayan's just died out. They had made more books and calanders other than that one. But they had gotten destroyed over time. Now with the calander ending on 12/21/12, you have to think because look at ours it starts on january 1st and ends on December 31st AND then just starts over again.

But that calander could mean polar shifts, like when that calander ends, something changes. But the planets in our universe will be allined on that day would could may cause some problems for us. And we will also be DIRECTLY in the middle of the univery as well.

There are also TONS of other solar systems somewhere.

Yes the mayans were 100% accurate on tuns of stuff like when the world wars would start and end. They also predicted when an lunar eclipse or something like that would happen but they were like 0.0000001 seconds away from that specific time. They scholar'd in Algebra and Astronomy.

But only time will tell.

elmer91
01-07-2009, 07:33 PM
so they survived the last time we had a polar shift, calculated when the next ones gonna come and just knew that this time around we couldnt make it through?

This isnt the day after tomorrow where the tempeture outside is gonna drop to absolutely zero in one half of the earths hemisphere while hurricanes are merging together all over the wold over the middle of land

i briefly learned about them, not just their calender, but their customs and such last year in my spanish. i dont remember everything, so i dont know. i dont even remember what else they predicted that came true.

Doober
01-07-2009, 08:38 PM
If the world is supposed to end, its going to end. Nothing is going to stop it. So people should stop worrying about it and go on with their lives. IMO:chinese:

Cr85rRida
01-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by atvmaster0927

Yes the mayans were 100% accurate on tuns of stuff like when the world wars would start and end. They also predicted when an lunar eclipse or something like that would happen but they were like 0.0000001 seconds away from that specific time.

Can you back this up with some link or something creditable? I never heard of these statements:confused:

Anvil
01-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Anyone that seriously believes the world is going to end in 2012 can feel free to sign over thier property, quads, money to me on the 31st december 2011.

Life will go on, its just that the doomsday date will all of a sudden move to some other time in the future.

And lets not forget that for the mayans and aztecs the answer to everything was to sacrifice a human life.

atvmaster0927
01-08-2009, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida
Can you back this up with some link or something creditable? I never heard of these statements:confused:

I can't remember exactly where I saw it. But I did learn about this in my 10th grade history class. I think you can also find it on google.

trick450r
01-08-2009, 08:21 AM
I dont see how you guys can just dismiss this as nothing. This is nothing like y2k. Nostradamus has predicted many many things that have essentially been full filled, Napolean, hitler, iraq war and Sadam, 9/11, wwI, wwII and many other events.

http://www.history.com/video.do?name=armageddon&paidlink=1&vid=HIS_SEM_Search&keywords=nostradamus%2B&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=nostradamus&utm_term=nostradamus

trick450r
01-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Anvil
Anyone that seriously believes the world is going to end in 2012 can feel free to sign over thier property, quads, money to me on the 31st december 2011.

Life will go on, its just that the doomsday date will all of a sudden move to some other time in the future.

And lets not forget that for the mayans and aztecs the answer to everything was to sacrifice a human life.

maybe they were doing something right then lol...you dont think its alittle awkward that the mayan's knew just as much about astronomy as we do now thousands of years ago.

They only predicted astronomical events for 5000 YEARS INTO THE FUTURE!!!

madskrillz2
01-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I didn't read through this whole thread so this might have already been mentioned. Everyone wants to go on what Nostradamus predicted but they always fail to mention all the things he predicted that DIDN'T happen. I'm pretty sure the things that didn't happen outweigh what he predicted correctly. Then there's the Mayan calendar. They never mention the fact that the Mayan's stopped at 2012 because they started all over with a new calendar. They stopped at 2012 because the calendar they were using wasn't sufficient and hard to follow.

And not trying to get religious on anyone here but anyone who believes in what the Bible says knows it says that no man will know when the end will come. I think it says something like "It will come like a thief in the night"

907Rider
01-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Doober
If the world is supposed to end, its going to end. Nothing is going to stop it. So people should stop worrying about it and go on with their lives. IMO:chinese:
So true.
People need to stop worrying about what could,might,should,will probably,won't,isn't,will never, ect. And just focus on what is happening right now. Who cares what happens tomorrow or ten years from now, all it dose is make you unhappy.

trick450r
01-08-2009, 02:10 PM
And not trying to get religious on anyone here but anyone who believes in what the Bible says knows it says that no man will know when the end will come. I think it says something like "It will come like a thief in the night"

It also said that snakes can talk and you can part the seas.

atvmaster0927
01-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I didn't read through this whole thread so this might have already been mentioned. Everyone wants to go on what Nostradamus predicted but they always fail to mention all the things he predicted that DIDN'T happen. I'm pretty sure the things that didn't happen outweigh what he predicted correctly. Then there's the Mayan calendar. They never mention the fact that the Mayan's stopped at 2012 because they started all over with a new calendar. They stopped at 2012 because the calendar they were using wasn't sufficient and hard to follow.

That's pretty much what i was trying to say in one of my previous posts.

And your soo true about there calander, they need to make a new one. They failed to mention that on the history chennel and many places online.

BUT no man knows the exact date and hour.

madskrillz2
01-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by trick450r

Like I said, not trying to force religion on anybody. Just stated that for those that DO believe in the scripture. Whether you believe or not is your own choice.

powermadd400ex
01-08-2009, 06:02 PM

"if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you"

:)

but madskillz pretty much hit the nail on the head.

DP #000
01-08-2009, 07:55 PM
if this is true, i only got 3 years to make it to pro:D :D

honda350r
01-08-2009, 09:58 PM
maybe they were doing something right then lol...you dont think its alittle awkward that the mayan's knew just as much about astronomy as we do now thousands of years ago.

They only predicted astronomical events for 5000 YEARS INTO THE FUTURE!!!

They did not do anything but study the stars everyday for a hundreds of years and you are impressed ??

Look at what modern man has done in less then one hundred years!

trick450r
01-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by honda350r
They did not do anything but study the stars everyday for a hundreds of years and you are impressed ??

Look at what modern man has done in less then one hundred years!

yes i am impressed, how do you study and track stars for hundreds of years accuratly without a telescope or computers?

I would LOVE to see you record the locations of stars *accuratly* using rocks lol

modern man should be light years ahead of mayans as far as astronomy goes but really, were not.

trick450r
01-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
"if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you"

:)

but madskillz pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Im sorry if i offended any religous people here. ya'll are free to believe in whatever you want.

with that said
im not sure of the point you are trying to get across here, it sounds pretty rediculous to me, unless of course im taking it to literally.

When you can move a mountain just by believing in something that not one single person on earth has proof exists, you call me up and ill go RIGHT to church!

theirs a reason 18% of the united states are athiest or agnostic, and that group is growing faster than any other single group of people in the united states.

scuzz
01-09-2009, 08:45 AM

theirs a reason 18% of the united states are athiest or agnostic, and that group is growing faster than any other single group of people in the united states.

What's your source?

78% of statistics are made up on the spot

Sjorge450R
01-09-2009, 09:36 AM
What happens happens. If you believe everything then go ahead and be scared. The rest of us will go on living our lives and enjoying them.

Oh btw atvmaster0927 your icon is the same as Josh's and you always catch me off guard cause i think its him posting.

Quad18star
01-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by scuzz
What's your source?

78% of statistics are made up on the spot

And only 3% are accurate according to 85% of statisticians . ;) :p

madskrillz2
01-09-2009, 11:04 AM
And only 3% are accurate according to 85% of statisticians . ;) :p

LMAO

atvmaster0927
01-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
Oh btw atvmaster0927 your icon is the same as Josh's and you always catch me off guard cause i think its him posting.

Sorry bro. I'll change it for ya, so no one else gets confused.

Ruby Soho
01-09-2009, 01:57 PM
i dont think the calender ending means the end of the world. there probly is even evidence that theres another this is just another way to hype up something pointless.

powermadd400ex
01-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Im sorry if i offended any religous people here. ya'll are free to believe in whatever you want.

with that said
im not sure of the point you are trying to get across here, it sounds pretty rediculous to me, unless of course im taking it to literally.

When you can move a mountain just by believing in something that not one single person on earth has proof exists, you call me up and ill go RIGHT to church!

the same goes to whatever you believe in. but with my statement, i was retaliating like any other Christian would. quoting the Scripture.
i know you didnt know anything by what you said.
but i think i speak for all Christians when i say that if you walk with God anything is possible. Theres plenty of storys in the bible where Gods people do what most think are impossible. the Bible is God's word. if theres anything you can trust in this world its the Bible.
but enough of the thread jacking. back to "the end of the world" :D

k4f5x0r
01-09-2009, 10:01 PM
^^ rightt...... who wrote the bible again? His deciples. who were his followers. and obviously would make things sound great and wonderful.

i dont wanna offend anyone. but religion was brought up to explain natural disasters and things nobody could explain at the time. now that we can explain them nobody wants to beleive.

Also at certain points in history, i beleive new religions were created to control the public. into war, building new towns w/e the case. EX christianity. brought up right around the time of rome when constantine was ruling. it may be a coincidence that they painted the cross on their sheilds and won, but for all we know its just as possible that its not true or that it was dramatized or something.

as for 2012 ending. graduating year. 12 is my moms lucky number. feb 12 her b-day. every year my favorite class room # or course # has 12 in it. so for 2012. im gunna check off as a fluke.. THAT or a meteor is gunna bounce off the side of the earth, push us out of revolution. we go into a neverending ice age and slowly die from lack of sunlight.....:huh

01-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
^^ rightt...... who wrote the bible again? His deciples. who were his followers. and obviously would make things sound great and wonderful.

i dont wanna offend anyone. but religion was brought up to explain natural disasters and things nobody could explain at the time. now that we can explain them nobody wants to beleive.

maybe you dont want to believe but there is a much larger population of those that believe in God than those that dont. How could the Bible possibly be about explaining natural disasters? Everything in the Bible isnt literal. Some stories are made to have meaning and have a lesson in them while others are literal. I hope athiest know what they are saying and how crazy most of their thoughts are on the subject. Seriously if someone believes the evolution theory thats whack. If we came from monkeys then why are there still monkeys? How did skin color change and so many other things? Yes things do evolve but not that drastic. I could go on and on but I wont. But I have yet to hear a good reason to not believe in God.

Fred55
01-09-2009, 11:07 PM
I agree on the part that parts of religion have been made to help past peoples explain things that could not be understood, but i also beleive that religion has something more too it. Also, dont try to read into the bible literally, but you should read into the meanings of what it says.
And its almost impossible to say that evolution didnt happen, way to much proof and scientific fact behind it. Look into it all FoxHondaRider and all your questions will be answered on it and it will make more and more sense the more you know.

Warnerade
01-10-2009, 04:54 AM
I was atheist, until I realized I was god.

CaptainCanuck
01-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Haha. Beauty.

MAaudioX10
01-10-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm no historian but, from what I remember from the history channel, mayans studied the stars and, discovered the 4 different soltices(Dec 21st, March 21st, June 21st, and Sept 21st) They realized that events happen in cycles....(sun goes up in the morning and, goes down at night)....thus what they based their calendar from.

Dec 21, 2012 is the end of one cycle and, the beginning of another. I have no clue what event is ending and what's beginning but, what I do know is there is absolutely nothing anyone, anywhere can do about it. Civilizations raise and fall...thinking that our generation is superior because of our technology, I think is naive. Look at the Romans, Alexander the Great, Mayans, Egyptians.....all considered to be "ahead of their time". To this day, we do not understand how the Egyptians built the pyramids so precisely.

I, for one, am not going to worry my little head about it. I am going to live my life for 2050, not 2012. The people that are, simply just illustrate the decay of western thinking and, devolution is in effect. Just take a look at our high schools.
People are getting lazier, fatter, dumber..and are churning out even lazier, fatter, and dumber children. If anything, fear not 2012, fear our future "leaders".

Common sense is not so common anymore.

416exfreak
01-11-2009, 08:47 AM

Word. :o

01-11-2009, 10:23 AM
I AM religious.

What scares me, in the bible it says that the end of the world will start with a war in the middle east..

does gaza sound familiar:ermm:

But also, this is something some of you should check out. It made me a believer that much more. They're basically taking everything the athiests say and proving god is real. Pretty awesome.

godsaidmansaid.com

Fred55
01-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Just to clarify what is said about war in the middle east starting the end of the world, the middle east has always been a hot spot for violence and war, from before the Roman occupation, to the crusades to what is going on now. War in the middle east is nothing new at all.

MAaudioX10
01-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Fred55
Just to clarify what is said about war in the middle east starting the end of the world, the middle east has always been a hot spot for violence and war, from before the Roman occupation, to the crusades to what is going on now. War in the middle east is nothing new at all.

Yeah, hasn't the "war" been waging to the better part of 1000 yrs? Man, they sure are taking their time with this apocalypse business....

trick450r
01-11-2009, 04:25 PM
the same goes to whatever you believe in. but with my statement, i was retaliating like any other Christian would. quoting the Scripture.
i know you didnt know anything by what you said.
but i think i speak for all Christians when i say that if you walk with God anything is possible. Theres plenty of storys in the bible where Gods people do what most think are impossible. the Bible is God's word. if theres anything you can trust in this world its the Bible.
but enough of the thread jacking. back to "the end of the world" :D

you know what? ill accept that lol

Again i was not trying to fuel a religious debate, just tossing out a few of my educated views as they pertained to the subject.

just an honest question though. For all the religous folks here what is it that tells you that the bible is gods word? And that your not spending your life believing in something that has never, and will never exist?

and dont say "because i know" because you dont.

ProspectorJim
01-11-2009, 04:39 PM

just an honest question though. For all the religous folks here what is it that tells you that the bible is gods word? And that your not spending your life believing in something that has never, and will never exist?

I look at the bible more as a collection of stories. Some are rooted in history and some are there purely for the morale of the story. And I think these stories are meant to enlighten people and bring a higher level of understanding.

I don't go to church and I believe in evolution,but I also believe in god. So if it turns out there is no god in the end, it really hasn't taken any time out of my life.

k4f5x0r
01-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
I look at the bible more as a collection of stories. Some are rooted in history and some are there purely for the morale of the story. And I think these stories are meant to enlighten people and bring a higher level of understanding.

I don't go to church and I believe in evolution,but I also believe in god. So if it turns out there is no god in the end, it really hasn't taken any time out of my life.

agree 100%.

SRH
01-11-2009, 05:42 PM
2012 is suppose to be a change in the entire world and a end to the ways things are, and the way things are done

collapse of religon due to the discovery of alien life etc who knows....just something to change everything , not the end of the human race or the planet

nostradamus gave it a time line of 2000-2012 he couldnt nail it down , i think the mayans or aztecs had it to a specific date., they both made all these prophecies by using the stars

its pretty interesting stuff if you read up on it, true or not, its a definite possibility, they say math is the language of the universe , and these people were definetely strong in that department

powermadd400ex
01-11-2009, 05:45 PM

Again i was not trying to fuel a religious debate, just tossing out a few of my educated views as they pertained to the subject.

“ from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work”
2 timothy 3:15-17

The bible predicted over 300 extremely detailed, spelt to a T,prophecies in the old testament. and each and every one of them came true.
the most powerful is the life of Jesus Christ. the Bible predicted what family he would be born to, the place we would be born to, how he would die, and his ressurection on the third day. and you think that was a guess? no other book, such as nostrodamus', can compare to the prophecies fufilled in the Bible.
Jesus told Peter he would denied him 3 times. Peter fufilled what Jesus said he would do.

SRH
01-11-2009, 05:51 PM
“ from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work”
2 timothy 3:15-17

The bible predicted over 300 extremely detailed, spelt to a T,prophecies in the old testament. and each and every one of them came true.
the most powerful is the life of Jesus Christ. the Bible predicted what family he would be born to, the place we would be born to, how he would die, and his ressurection on the third day. and you think that was a guess? no other book, such as nostrodamus', can compare to the prophecies fufilled in the Bible.
Jesus told Peter he would denied him 3 times. Peter fufilled what Jesus said he would do.

im not buyin the whole jesus thing, he was a man, no diff than anyone else, hangin out with that crooked tax collector living the high life, it got hot and he moved to germany with a hooker and had a bunch of kids, he was in on those taxes but he was the charasmatic front man

that makes way more season than the son of this... god

of course thats going to offend alot of you but ive never ran into much that wasnt anymore than it seemed

MAaudioX10
01-11-2009, 05:51 PM

You know, that is why religion has always been a tough pill to swallow for me. No one can give me a straight answer. The usual response is, "You just have to have faith."

The one thing that always gets me is whenever I talk to someone about why I think the way I do, I'm told, "That's the devil making you say that." Never a definitive answer...either I'm an idiot because my thinking doesn't parellel theirs or, I'm the devil.

Logically, I can't comprehend why people put so much stock in a book written and, translated by people; falible people. The bible illistrates what the 7 deadly sins are but, I think, in 2007 the catholic church changed those 7 sins to better apply to modern times and, according to the catholic church, Bill Gates is going to rot in hell.

416exfreak
01-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by MAaudioX10
You know, that is why religion has always been a tough pill to swallow for me. No one can give me a straight answer. The usual response is, "You just have to have faith."

The one thing that always gets me is whenever I talk to someone about why I think the way I do, I'm told, "That's the devil making you say that." Never a definitive answer...either I'm an idiot because my thinking doesn't parellel theirs or, I'm the devil.

Logically, I can't comprehend why people put so much stock in a book written and, translated by people; falible people. The bible illistrates what the 7 deadly sins are but, I think, in 2007 the catholic church changed those 7 sins to better apply to modern times and, according to the catholic church, Bill Gates is going to rot in hell.

Thats the first time I've Lawled in a good while...:)

powermadd400ex
01-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by SRH
im not buyin the whole jesus thing, he was a man, no diff than anyone else, hangin out with that crooked tax collector living the high life, it got hot and he moved to germany with a hooker and had a bunch of kids, he was in on those taxes but he was the charasmatic front man

that makes way more season than the son of this... god

of course thats going to offend alot of you but ive never ran into much that wasnt anymore than it seemed

Sir,
I am sorrowed that you feel that way.
I pray that God enlightens you.

SRH
01-11-2009, 06:04 PM
if there was a god and he wanted us to live a way, why doesnt he come down and give a speech? hold motivational sermons etc, **** even osama bin ladens addresses us directly

stop beleiving in a religon and start beleiving in yourself and there would be alot less problems in this world

i think god must be a prick...but thats just a hunch..........oh no i didnt:eek: lol

powermadd400ex
01-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by SRH
if there was a god and he wanted us to live a way, why doesnt he come down and give a speech? hold motivational sermons etc, **** even osama bin ladens addresses us directly

stop beleiving in a religon and start beleiving in yourself and there would be alot less problems in this world

i think god must be a prick...but thats just a hunch..........oh no i didnt:eek: lol

i PMed you buddy,
im tired of jacking this thread.

250r rider 88
01-11-2009, 06:25 PM
this thread has had some really good points and debates made

this is something my buddy put on his facebook status the other day, now usually he is not the sharpest tool in the shed but i think he is on to a good positive thinking with this

"Dec. 21st. 2012. the galactical alignment. is not marking an actual end, but rather the conclustion of one age, and the start of a new one"

madskrillz2
01-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by SRH

If you knew anything about the Bible you would know why.

k4f5x0r
01-11-2009, 07:09 PM
did god tel you to say that? :rolleyes:

k4f5x0r
01-11-2009, 07:10 PM
did god tell you to say that? :rolleyes:

SRH
01-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
If you knew anything about the Bible you would know why.

haha we would shatter in his presence i was informed...

thats a good way of putting , dont you dare ask that question again, are you a fool?

thats like when your a kid and your like my dads superman, and the neighbor kid goes oh yeah can i come over and meet him? naww because hes too strong and uhh well ..uhhh hes not gonna be home tonight

:p i dont beleive anything written , said, told, etc by any human being until i see it with my own eyes

you wouldnt buy a car if it was leaking oil , overheating etc and the salesman told you to have faith , but youll shape your whole life around a book written by man graced with the same words...

to each to his own, you cant knock someone for there beliefs but for my method of thinking religon doesnt add up , each to his own

from my expiriences when one learns to beleive in his or herself they are far more confident and secure as compared to those who rely on religon

madskrillz2
01-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by SRH

thats a good way of putting , dont you dare ask that question again, are you a fool?

thats like when your a kid and your like my dads superman, and the neighbor kid goes oh yeah can i come over and meet him? naww because hes too strong and uhh well ..uhhh hes not gonna be home tonight

:p i dont beleive anything written , said, told, etc by any human being until i see it with my own eyes

you wouldnt buy a car if it was leaking oil , overheating etc and the salesman told you to have faith , but youll shape your whole life around a book written by man graced with the same words...

to each to his own, you cant knock someone for there beliefs but for my method of thinking religon doesnt add up , each to his own

from my expiriences when one learns to beleive in his or herself they are far more confident and secure as compared to those who rely on religon

No, actually it's not. But good try. You know, I came in this thread telling all of you that don't believe to take what I said with a grain of salt. I specifically said it was just for those that do believe in a higher power. I'm still not trying to force my beliefs on ANYONE here. Now, for you to come on here pretty much insulting the ones that do believe is just as bad as me telling you that you're an idiot for not believing.

madskrillz2
01-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
did god tell you to say that? :rolleyes:

Refer to my last post

01-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by SRH

that's like when your a kid and your like my dads superman, and the neighbor kid goes oh yeah can i come over and meet him? naww because hes too strong and uhh well ..uhhh hes not gonna be home tonight

:p i don't believe anything written , said, told, etc by any human being until i see it with my own eyes

you wouldn't buy a car if it was leaking oil , overheating etc and the salesman told you to have faith , but you'll shape your whole life around a book written by man graced with the same words...

to each to his own, you cant knock someone for there beliefs but for my method of thinking religion doesn't add up , each to his own

from my experiences when one learns to believe in his or herself they are far more confident and secure as compared to those who rely on religion

I was trying to stay out of this argument, but, at this point im fed up.

Look around you. Space that goes on forever. Massive planets of gases and other misc. particles. Galaxies. All of this... where did it come from? Everything has a beginning and an end, but if that's true what was here in the first place? Everything has been around forever. It's so fascinating but true. Space has no beginning and no end. So why can't their be a powerful being with no beginning or end? God?

Look at the way humans are. There is no way in hell you can convince me that every single molecule got together so perfectly to make some living breathing thing with a complex mind. The human body what I consider "intelligent design" someone had to create it. It's way too complex to just have perfectly "come together"

I strongly believe in god and that there is a powerful being out there that created us. I don't believe everything in the bible, and things in the bible were a little messed with to be different from the original. I consider myself a different kind of religious. I believe in god and everything, but not everything in the bible. This world, this galaxy, is intelligent design. Someone created us. If the universe can be around forever why couldn't there be a being?

01-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX

Look around you. Space that goes on forever. Massive planets of gases and other misc. particles. Galaxies. All of this... where did it come from? Everything has a beginning and an end, but if that's true what was here in the first place? Everything has been around forever. It's so fascinating but true. Space has no beginning and no end. So why can't their be a powerful being with no beginning or end? God?

Look at the way humans are. There is no way in hell you can convince me that every single molecule got together so perfectly to make some living breathing thing with a complex mind. The human body what I consider "intelligent design" someone had to create it. It's way too complex to just have perfectly "come together"

I strongly believe in god and that there is a powerful being out there that created us. I don't believe everything in the bible, and things in the bible were a little messed with to be different from the original. I consider myself a different kind of religious. I believe in god and everything, but not everything in the bible. This world, this galaxy, is intelligent design. Someone created us. If the universe can be around forever why couldn't there be a being?

Couldnt agree more on how it would be possible for us to come from a single molecule and for everything to be here like it is. Thats why I believe in God. I wouldnt be able to say I didnt because I cant find any reason not to believe in God. I cant find another way that everything was created and there isnt another way.

powermadd400ex
01-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by SRH

haha your horrible man.
Im tired of having my religion, something i live for, mocked by somebody i dont even know.
I have lost all respect for you.
Its going to take God himself to take care of you. God has brought the most prideful and powerful men to their knees. he'll bring you down off your high horse to.

Chris

Quad18star
01-11-2009, 08:45 PM
This thread is a few more comments away ,like the last one, from being locked.

c450Razy
01-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
this thread has had some really good points and debates made

this is something my buddy put on his facebook status the other day, now usually he is not the sharpest tool in the shed but i think he is on to a good positive thinking with this

"Dec. 21st. 2012. the galactical alignment. is not marking an actual end, but rather the conclustion of one age, and the start of a new one"

this is true... but what if the new age is a one without humans??? lol

SRH
01-11-2009, 10:19 PM
didnt they figure out the shape of the universe with some sort of light ray ..or it was at least discussed, but i was pretty sure it had been done, they said one of the possibilities is there is an infinite number of copys of each one of us, and in each universe, every decision we make could be different and there could be a infinite number of outcomes to our lives thats a pretty interesting thought, it was also discussed there was some sort of thing that occured, maybe it was the big bang that released all the molecules, etc that formed all the things that exist today , dont ask me where that came from, but def some interesting thoughts, there is a show on history called the universe were they were discussing alot of it

MAaudioX10
01-11-2009, 10:27 PM

Say, for instance, instead of 2 arms, 2 eyes, and 2 legs..that we had 4 eyes, 3 legs, and 5 arms. All being the same, you'd still say we are considered "intelligent design" because we wouldn't know any better. That is what we would know as normal and, therefore, still believe we are the superior being in the universe.

This is what makes the concept of God difficult for me to believe. You've completely righten off millions of years of evolution. Genesis states that god created the heaven and the earth in 7 days and, we know the earths creation took billions of years.

If you believe in God, then by applying that logic, you'd believe in parellel dimensions, aliens, and leprechons. Something NO one has proven to be true but have theories.

I'm not trying to mock you and, forgive me if it seems that way. Last thing I want is someone to come on here and say something stupid because a moderator has an itchy "lock thread" finger. I think this is a lively and healthy debate and, I can't think of any reason why we can't maintain this respectfully.

powermadd400ex
01-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by MAaudioX10
Say, for instance, instead of 2 arms, 2 eyes, and 2 legs..that we had 4 eyes, 3 legs, and 5 arms. All being the same, you'd still say we are considered "intelligent design" because we wouldn't know any better. That is what we would know as normal and, therefore, still believe we are the superior being in the universe.

This is what makes the concept of God difficult for me to believe. You've completely righten off millions of years of evolution. Genesis states that god created the heaven and the earth in 7 days and, we know the earths creation took billions of years.

If you believe in God, then by applying that logic, you'd believe in parellel dimensions, aliens, and leprechons. Something NO has proven to be true by have theories.

I'm not trying to mock you and, forgive me if I seems that way. Last thing I want is someone to come on here and say something stupid because a moderator has an itchy "lock thread" figure. I think this is a lively and healthy debate and, I can't think of any reason why we can't maintain this respectfully.

but is it a coinencdence that there is just enough oxygen for us to breath without dieing?
im in Chemistry this year, and i read that, if there was .1% more oxygen in the air that we breathe, we would surely die. theres no way thats a coinecndence!
i agree with you on your last statement, i enjoy a healthy debate :)

trick450r
01-11-2009, 10:40 PM
come on guys, i brought up the religous aspect with respect enough not to bash anyone's religion, theirs no reason it had to go this way.

Religion made mankind what it is today, and now it has begun (and will continue to) destroy mankind.

-FACT

trick450r
01-11-2009, 10:49 PM
but is it a coinencdence that there is just enough oxygen for us to breath without dieing?
im in Chemistry this year, and i read that, if there was .1% more oxygen in the air that we breathe, we would surely die. theres no way thats a coinecndence!
i agree with you on your last statement, i enjoy a healthy debate :)

1. You need to be reading something different then, earths atmosphere contains 20.95% oxygen, if your ever on hyperbaric treatment you would be breathing 100% oxygen. And if your ever on the summit of mt.everest you would be breathing about 3% oxygen, so .1% doesnt mean piss.

2.your proving the theory of evolution, we evolve with the planet if the oxygen level were to drop tp 2-4% massive amounts of people would surely die and over time those that are left would produce off spring that would handle the environment that much better than the preceding generation and so on, What came first the oxygen or the human?

example- I was reading earlier someones comments on how fat and lazy we are becoming, a direct effect of us evolving with our technology.

humans as a species can adapt to most any environment and over time we will evolve and change with that environment.

if i believe in a higher being is undecided to me, however i am dead set on the theory of evolution.

MAaudioX10
01-11-2009, 10:51 PM
example- I was reading earlier someones comments on how fat and lazy we are becoming, a direct effect of us evolving with our technology.

err..that was me.

Life finds a way. There are organisms living in the steam trenches in the ocean where the water is some 500 degrees or something ridiculous. Surely an enviroment that we, human, could not survive but, other creatures thrive. If the world has 1% more oxygen, we'd evolve to those changes.

As stated before.

SRH
01-11-2009, 10:52 PM
we came from this world we wouldnt be alive today if are bodies werent built for the environment, things dont exist that cant survive.. without downing anyones religon id like to hear some explanations of what god is suppose to be.. and then explain how that is possible...dont take this the wrong , but educate me who came up with the concept of a human?

powermadd400ex
01-11-2009, 10:53 PM
your proving the theory of evolution, we evolve with the planet if the oxygen level were to change massive amounts of people would surely die and over time those that are left would produce off spring that would handle the environment that much better than the preceding generation and so on, What came first the oxygen or the human?

humans as a species can adapt to most any environment and over time we will evolve and change with that environment.

if i believe in a higher being is undecided to me, however i am dead set on the theory of evolution.

huh? im little lost on how my statement supported evolution. considering my chemistry book is based on a christian outlook that supports creationism.

and on a christian outlook, God created the oxygen first.

Fred55
01-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Your supporting it because your are proving that we have evolved to survive in the conditions present NOW. If there was more or less oxygen, life would evolve and adapt to better survive the new conditions.

powermadd400ex
01-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
Your supporting it because your are proving that we have evolved to survive in the conditions present NOW. If there was more or less oxygen, life would evolve and adapt to better survive the new conditions.
no we wouldnt, it would be deadly. it has always been that perfect preportion of oxygen in the air, if we had any less or more, life on earth wouldnt exist.
tommorow morning ill give you guys the direct quote from the book to clarify this.

Fred55
01-11-2009, 11:02 PM
I know that WE wont, but some life on Earth will, we just happen to have evolved to survive in the environment but not necessarily later.

SRH
01-11-2009, 11:04 PM
im taking this thread where it shouldnt go but damn religon controlled education....whats the point of education if there going to cloud it with stuff out of david copperfield performance, granted something had to create something but since we dont know, why arent we only educating ourselves on the facts

trick450r
01-11-2009, 11:14 PM
huh? im little lost on how my statement supported evolution. considering my chemistry book is based on a christian outlook that supports creationism.

and on a christian outlook, God created the oxygen first.

check my post again, its 1:15 here and i just got home so im tired as hell, when i wrote that i wasnt thinking about how stupid your oxygen comment really was...maybe you should read a science book based on science next time bud.

trick450r
01-11-2009, 11:17 PM
no we wouldnt, it would be deadly. it has always been that perfect preportion of oxygen in the air, if we had any less or more, life on earth wouldnt exist.
tommorow morning ill give you guys the direct quote from the book to clarify this.

again im tired so i commented before reading this post

BURN THAT BOOK

humans are known to survive on between 3%-100% oxygen

-FACT

Warnerade
01-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Amen.

check my post again, its 1:15 here and i just got home so im tired as hell, when i wrote that i wasnt thinking about how stupid your oxygen comment really was...maybe you should read a science book based on science next time bud.

trick450r
01-12-2009, 08:25 AM
i have a few more?'s now that im awake and lively lol

- If "god" made earth and us, wtf was he thinking with the other planets haha, where those just his trials?
what does your so far false christian science book have to say on that front?

- How can "god" be considered any less a theory than evolution is?

- What exactly is "god" is he just a cloud? is he a human shape? if hes a human how did he create humans and also be one?

theirs a great song by XTC called dear god, im pretty sure its 70's era but back then the church was so powerfull that they banned it from the radio over night. Listen to it, might put some things in perspective.
I think its hilarious that only 30 some years ago the church was able to completely BAN a song from being played. Flash forward 30 years when the movie religulous (great movie, watch it!) came out the church HATED IT, and they tried to shut it down and the public and government essentially said **** YOU!!

AJ's Blaster
01-12-2009, 11:23 AM
ok so to begin with i am going to say that i am a firm believer in GOD. and i think i can answer a few questions to hopefully help some of you very misguided individuals. first GOD created man in his image GOD made us look like him, not anything more. so that also answers yes god appears as a man.

now the thing really burning at me is evolution. evolution teaches that there was the big bang and what not creating a earth of rock without the presence of oxygen water or anything of that matter. so then it goes to say that the rocks absorbed the oxygen??? (what oxygen would that be exactly) it then says that it rained for 1 million yrs?? (rain is water and requires oxygen. and with no water on the planet to begin with where did this water for the rain come from) and it then says lifeforms were created from the rocks. so in a nutshell evolution teaches we all are evolved from rocks?? im sorry that is the most absurd thing i have ever heard. and i for one would love to see the scientific evidence to prove that.

since everyone is so quick to quote science i will be quick now to say get your facts straight before you even try to go there. i am sorry but there is solid evidence being discovered all the time to back the bible stories you all are putting off as fairytales.

i honestly pray for all of you that GOD will open your eyes to his glory and you will recognize him as your savior.

trick450r
01-12-2009, 12:10 PM
im sorry that is the most absurd thing i have ever heard. and i for one would love to see the scientific evidence to prove that.

yeah man that is pretty obsurd but this god character you speak of creating us and then taking our shape makes perfect sense. And i for one would love to see the scientific evidence to prove that

Just admit it, you dont know god exists anymore than i know that evolution happened.

i honestly pray for all of you that GOD will open your eyes to his glory and you will recognize him as your savior.

did he open your eyes, if so in what way? as far as im concerned im my own savior, if i want to jump off a cliff tomarrow no god is gonna stop me.

SRH
01-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by AJ's Blaster
ok so to begin with i am going to say that i am a firm believer in GOD. and i think i can answer a few questions to hopefully help some of you very misguided individuals. first GOD created man in his image GOD made us look like him, not anything more. so that also answers yes god appears as a man.

now the thing really burning at me is evolution. evolution teaches that there was the big bang and what not creating a earth of rock without the presence of oxygen water or anything of that matter. so then it goes to say that the rocks absorbed the oxygen??? (what oxygen would that be exactly) it then says that it rained for 1 million yrs?? (rain is water and requires oxygen. and with no water on the planet to begin with where did this water for the rain come from) and it then says lifeforms were created from the rocks. so in a nutshell evolution teaches we all are evolved from rocks?? im sorry that is the most absurd thing i have ever heard. and i for one would love to see the scientific evidence to prove that.

since everyone is so quick to quote science i will be quick now to say get your facts straight before you even try to go there. i am sorry but there is solid evidence being discovered all the time to back the bible stories you all are putting off as fairytales.

only what 20% of the water on earth is from actual rain, meteors full of frozen h2o struck the earth over a period of time and thats where most the water came from....i think you need to educate yourself a bit on the history of the planet earth, life could all be a mistake, the right combination of things allow it, but its not necessarily met to be

i have an easier time beleiving an advanced civilization came here and mated with man and thats where the modern human came from, also would explain the pyramids and these advanced civilizations that were years ahead of there time, then vanished....its a good possibility we became too dangerous with the expansion of our brains combined with us having that animal instinct... we could just be a bad science expirement and they did there best to contain it by erasing these groups when they became volatile...the bible is merely a guideline to keep us from behaving in ways that will destroy the planet or human race... theres religous paintings, cave paintings etc with aircrafts of some sort, people riding little hovercrafts etc....why else do we pray to the sky......

that makes way more sense than the bibles version, if life can evolve in one place it can in another, but molded by its environment its a definite possibility we could be born with the necessities to survive in our environment, because it created us ...and space travel...if we can go long enough without wiping ourselves off the face of the earth well be going galaxy to galaxy sooner or later....

if im going to beleive in anything that makes the most sense to me....

now if we want to get real deep , i wonder why there is any form of existence of anything....if there is a god someone surely created him....her or it....unless everything that exists truly has no meaning

trick450r
01-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by SRH
only what 20% of the water on earth is from actual rain, meteors full of frozen h2o struck the earth over a period of time and thats where most the water came from....i think you need to educate yourself a bit on the history of the planet earth, life could all be a mistake, the right combination of things allow it, but its not necessarily met to be

i have an easier time beleiving an advanced civilization came here and mated with man and thats where the modern human came from, also would explain the pyramids and these advanced civilizations that were years ahead of there time, then vanished....its a good possibility we became too dangerous with the expansion of our brains combined with us having that animal instinct... we could just be a bad science expirement and they did there best to contain it by erasing these groups when they became volatile...the bible is merely a guideline to keep us from behaving in ways that will destroy the planet or human race... theres religous paintings, cave paintings etc with aircrafts of some sort, people riding little hovercrafts etc....why else do we pray to the sky......

that makes way more sense than the bibles version, if life can evolve in one place it can in another, but molded by its environment its a definite possibility we could be born with the necessities to survive in our environment, because it created us ...and space travel...if we can go long enough without wiping ourselves off the face of the earth well be going galaxy to galaxy sooner or later....

if im going to beleive in anything that makes the most sense to me....

now if we want to get real deep , i wonder why there is any form of existence of anything....if there is a god someone surely created him....her or it....unless everything that exists truly has no meaning

Were probably all just mold on some slice of bread somewhere.

powermadd400ex
01-12-2009, 01:03 PM
alllrighty
here is proof humans cant survive in elevated oxygen levels
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_toxicity

and here are some interesting facts for you guys.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html

250r rider 88
01-12-2009, 01:10 PM
just so you know wikipedia sites are never allowed by most professors and professionals as a reputable source because i could go on there an edit it with what I say is correct

250r rider 88
01-12-2009, 01:13 PM
the link to wikipedia you posted is a good one though i will say that

powermadd400ex
01-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
just so you know wikipedia sites are never allowed by most professors and professionals as a reputable source because i could go on there an edit it with what I say is correct
im not to fond of wiki either. but it was the best explantaion i could find.

ProspectorJim
01-12-2009, 01:35 PM
We could all just be figments of someones imagination.
or
The entire universe could just be one huge cell.
or
We could have all been created when a series of chemical reactions caused some proteins and other compounds to come together just right and create life. Then millions of years later a creature just so happens to gain the ability of thought and reason.
or
We could all be the product of a science experiment ourselves.
or
We were all created by a higher power.

No body knows except the dead. If you claim to know more about what happens after death you are lying. Theories about how the universe came to be are just that, theories. A bunch of scientist came together and one of them said " I think this is how the world and everything on and around it started". The other scientists look at his idea and go " oh yea that looks like it could happen" and thus the theory of the big bang started. I'm just astounded that some people will treat anyone who believes in god as an idiot because they chose not to believe what a bunch of guys in white labcoats said.Its no different than reading the bible and believing in god.
I heard someone mention Religulous... that movie was just an hour and a half of Bill Maher going around and berating people and treating them like they had brain damage for not believing what he believes.

I think the religious debate should be laid to rest here...

01-12-2009, 01:36 PM
wow..

You guys still haven't answered my question..

You can talk about this BIG BANG crap all you want, but where the hell did all the gases/rocks/etc come from that happened in the big bang? Did everything just kind of appear one day? Out of nothing??

Space itself has no beginning and no end. This crap floating around space has been here forever.. with no end. I find it hard to fathom but its true.

This also leads me to believe God is real for many reasons. One is the fact that if space has been around forever, why can't a powerful being or life form be the same?

You can try to feed us all this evolution crap all you want. The earth started as a mass of lava/molten rock. The only thing on the planet was bacteria.

Talk all the chit you want, but human's didn't just "evolve" from bacteria. We are two completely different things.

The human is a very complex sophisticated design. It didn't just work out perfectly that we can do what we do, with the right amount of everything in the air, and perfect eating system and immune system, from evolving from bacteria. That's a whole lot of bull crap.

01-12-2009, 01:43 PM
This is an interesting read from the site I mentioned earlier, godsaidmansaid.com

It basically takes what athiest's/scientists have said and show that god knew this way before everyone when the bible was written and that basically what the scientists are saying are also proving god is real.

Check it out.

GOD SAID, Genesis 2:7:

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

GOD SAID, Job 10:9:

Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again?

GOD SAID, Genesis 3:19:

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

GOD SAID, Ecclesiastes 3:19-20:

19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

MAN SAID: There is no God; therefore, He has not inspired holy men to pen a Holy Bible. It’s ridiculous to think that all secrets to life are found between its covers.

Now THE RECORD. If the scriptures are the words of the living God, the creator of all things, then the insights in his scriptures should prove themselves to be supernatural by the revelations they afford – and they certainly do. At the time of this writing, there are nearly 300 subjects on this website that certify the glorious accuracy of the word of God. Be assured that God is, and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6). This feature article will be just one more proof that God is.

The Bible declares that God created man from the dust of the earth just over 6,000 years ago. It teaches that he breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and Adam became a living soul. The Hebrew word Adam means “red dirt” or “ruddy,” and rightfully so, since Adam was made from red clay. The following excerpt is from B. Cooper’s book, “After The Flood:”

Dirt: This is Truax’s English rendering of the original name, not a transposition. It is clearly meant to portray Adam, the version of whose name in the Miautso language (as in Hebrew, Akkadian and so on), means earth or clay, the substance from which he was created. [End of quote]

The famed historian Josephus, who wrote shortly after the death and resurrection of Christ had this to say concerning Adam: “This man was called Adam, which in the Hebrew tongue signifies one that is red, because he was formed out of red earth, compounded together; for of that kind is virgin and true earth.” [End of quote]

The idea of God making man out of dirt, as far as unbelievers are concerned, is absurd. In a recent Newsweek magazine article titled, “Life From Clay,” the following story was printed:

As if the Biblical tale of man’s creation from “the dust of the ground” were haunting their unconscious minds, NASA chemists have presented evidence that life on earth may have gotten its start in clay. They have shown that clays attract the organic molecules that make up protein and DNA, the ingredients of life, possibly from the sea during high tides. The clays might then trigger chemical reactions that string the building blocks into proteins and DNA.

The latest experiments show how, according to NASA’s Lelia Coyne, clays scavenge energy released by such natural processes as radioactive decay. They store the energy in the form of trapped electrons and then release it when subjected to stress – an earthquake, for example, or from wetting and drying as the tides rise and recede. Says Coyne, the ability of clays to store energy, catalyze reactions and perhaps self-replicate – all attributes of living systems – “is forcing us to re-examine at a very fundamental level the definition of life.”

It is common knowledge that the chemical and mineral content of a person’s body is identical to the earth’s. Everyone knows that when a person dies, their body turns back to dust – TO DUST!

The ancient Miautso people of China have chronicled their lineage back to Japheth, the son of Noah, and from there all the way back to the world’s first man, whom their genealogical record calls “Dirt.” Author E. Traux, in an article titled “Genesis According To The Miao People,” again renders the original Miautso name in the following quote: “It is clearly meant to portray Adam, the version of whose name in the Miautso language (as in Hebrew, Akkadian and so on), means earth or clay, the substance from which he was created.”

Man is simply recycled dust and his linkage to the dirt is irrefutable. J. Rubin’s famous book, “The Maker’s Diet” makes this more abundantly clear. The following excerpts are from his book:

Does the subject of dirt seem boring to you? Did you know that one gram of soil – enough to fill a little packet of sugar – can contain as many as 10,000 species of microbes unknown to science, according to Jo Handelsman, a professor of plant pathology at the University of Wisconsin.

Even human intestines – an environment most people consider pretty familiar – are home to perhaps 10,000 kinds of microbes. . . . Indeed, one of the surprises in the decoding of the human genome was that it contains more than 200 genes that come from bacteria. Microbes not only keep us alive; in some small part, we are made of them.

Countless numbers of microorganisms live in the soil, in and on plants, and in the human gut. Inside and out we are at one with the earth (or we should be). What depth of incomprehensible wisdom lies in the biblical statement in Genesis 2:7: “And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.”

In 1989, Dr. David Strachan, a respected epidemiologist at Britain’s London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, launched a tidal wave of debate with a complex theorem of human immunology development and disease control, saying, “We need dirt.”

Dr. Strachan proposed that society’s growing separation from dirt and germs may well be the cause of weaker immune systems resulting in the growing incidence of a wide range of maladies. Dr. Strachan advanced the “overcleanliness theory” after noticing that children belonging to large families were much less likely to develop asthma, hay fever, or eczema. He theorized that older children coming home dirty with all sorts of resident soil microorganisms were actually protecting their younger brothers and sisters by exposing their immune systems to microbes and causing them to build antibodies. He may be on to something.

Near-epidemic waves of diseases all but unheard of in previous generations are striking modern societies around the world. (They are still virtually unknown in primitive societies today.) How many people do you know who suffer from asthma, allergies of all kinds, irritable bowel syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Crohn’s disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, or immune disorders of some kind? The list seems to be endless.

If Dr. Strachan is right (and a growing number of scientists and medical researchers believe he is), then dirt, or to be more specific, the microbes in earth’s soil – may be some of our best friends. A recent report in New Scientist said researchers have discovered that microorganisms found in dirt influence maturation of the immune system so that it is either functional or dysfunctional. [End of quote]

Adam – “Mr. Dirt” – absolutely!

GOD SAID, Genesis 2:7:

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

GOD SAID, Job 10:9:

Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again?

MAN SAID: There is no God; therefore, He has not inspired holy men to pen a Holy Bible. It’s ridiculous to think that all secrets to life are found between its covers.

Now you have THE RECORD.

trick450r
01-12-2009, 01:48 PM
alllrighty
here is proof humans cant survive in elevated oxygen levels
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_toxicity

and here are some interesting facts for you guys.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html

did you actually read that wiki article? because it said that it will only kill you if your breathing 100% oxygen for an extended period of time. That would be an 500% increase of what we are breathing now.

I still want to here this quote from your bull**** christian book saying that .1% will "kill us all"

01-12-2009, 01:49 PM
another interesting one..

The Superhuman Brain -- God's Brain Between My Ears

GOD SAID, in Genesis, chapter 1, verses 26-27:

1. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
2. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female and created he them.

MAN SAID that God didn't just speak us into existence, but that we evolved into our present state through a combination of happenings over billions of years.

Now the RECORD:

It used to be said that man used about 10% of his brain capacity. But just recently, science revealed we use only a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of our brain and that the human brain has infinite capabilities. It would almost sound braggadocious if it were not for the fact that we are designed in God's image and have between our ears, God's brain power -- God's computer power. Consider this information about your brain:

There are at least 10 billion, perhaps as many as 100 billion, neurons (nerve cells) in your brain, each of which is connected to between 5,000 and 50,000 other neurons. Add it all up and you get at least 1014 or 100 trillion nerve cell connections in your head.

Michael Denton in his book titled, Evolution: A Theory in Crisis reports the following:

Altogether the total number of connections in the human brain approaches 1015 or a thousand million million. Numbers in the order of 1015 are of course completely beyond comprehension. Imagine an area about half the size of the USA (one million square miles) covered in a forest of trees containing ten thousand trees per square mile. If each tree contained one hundred thousand leaves the total number of leaves in the forest would be 1015, equivalent to the number of connections in the human brain.

Information theorist John Neumann once estimated that the memories stored in the human brain during an average lifetime would amount to approximately 2.8 X 1020 (or 28 with 19 zeroes after it) information bits.

The brain is a literal pharmaceutical manufacturing plant and administering medical team all in one. It creates from the materials at hand a magnificent array of drugs and medications and automatically administers them when needed. "Imagine, your brain weighs only three pounds. Yet a computer with the same number of "bits" would be 100 stories tall and cover the state of Texas.

Do you need more proof that your brain is made in God's likeness? Then consider this…to build a building 100 stories tall that would cover the state of Texas and then fill it with information bits would cost more than the aggregate wealth of the world. Your (God-like) brain has infinite capabilities and is beyond price.

So much for evolutionary gibberish that says we evolved because of need. We are all equipped with brain capabilities so vast and so far past our needs it is unfathomable.

GOD SAID he created us in His likeness and His image.

MAN SAID we evolved by accident and need.

THE RECORD says it was God's creation nearly 6000 years ago.

ProspectorJim
01-12-2009, 01:51 PM
please stop with the walls of text from that website...

we get it the bible uses metaphors which could mean exactly what scientists are theorizing...

01-12-2009, 01:53 PM
please stop with the walls of text from that website...

we get it the bible uses metaphors which could mean exactly what scientists are theorizing...

See, it's obvious you can't come up with an argument for it.

The whole point is god knew all this when he created everything.. and scientists are just finding out now.

trick450r
01-12-2009, 01:59 PM
wow this is getting out of control...now we have someone in here posting quotes and writing "GOD SAID" before all of them as if he himself heard it from "god's" mouth, do me a favor kid, prove to me that god himself said those things.

dont you wonder if maybe the people/person who wrote the bible was just the scientist of the age theorizing about where he came from? Just like we do now except with far more information and scientific proof.

Talk all the chit you want, but human's didn't just "evolve" from bacteria. We are two completely different things.

i was respectfull enough not to come outright and say god doesnt exist, so maybe you should grow up and admit that you have no idea where humans came from, maybe we did come from bacteria, it sounds a whole lot more likely to me than that a mystical power created us.

ProspectorJim
01-12-2009, 02:00 PM
See, it's obvious you can't come up with an argument for it.

The whole point is god knew all this when he created everything.. and scientists are just finding out now.

I'm not trying to come up with an argument... I believe in god and evolution,I just thought that those huge posts from that website was clogging up the thread a bit. Really the whole point of what I read in those posts was exactly what I summarized it to be...

and if you noticed I already posted my feelings on this subject:
"We could all just be figments of someones imagination.
or
or
We could have all been created when a series of chemical reactions caused some proteins and other compounds to come together just right and create life. Then millions of years later a creature just so happens to gain the ability of thought and reason.
or
or

No body knows except the dead. If you claim to know more about what happens after death you are lying. Theories about how the universe came to be are just that, theories. A bunch of scientist came together and one of them said " I think this is how the world and everything on and around it started". The other scientists look at his idea and go " oh yea that looks like it could happen" and thus the theory of the big bang started. I'm just astounded that some people will treat anyone who believes in god as an idiot because they chose not to believe what a bunch of guys in white labcoats said.Its no different than reading the bible and believing in god.
I heard someone mention Religulous... that movie was just an hour and a half of Bill Maher going around and berating people and treating them like they had brain damage for not believing what he believes.

I think the religious debate should be laid to rest here..."

trick450r
01-12-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm not trying to come up with an argument... I believe in god and evolution,I just thought that those huge posts from that website was clogging up the thread a bit. Really the whole point of what I read in those posts was exactly what I summarized it to be...

and if you noticed I already posted my feelings on this subject:
"We could all just be figments of someones imagination.
or
or
or
or

I think the religious debate should be laid to rest here..."

if you watched the movie you would notice that never once does he say their is no god, he asks people honest question and they cant answer him, because their is no answer, no proof whatsoever that any form of god has ever existed. The point of his movie is to make people think, the human species is growing and changing, its time our beliefs grow and change with it, he wants us to think about it and not be lead into blindly believing in something that makes absolutely no sense. If you were raised to believe that peter pan was god you would fight for your beliefs even though it makes absolutely no sense.

How many people here believe that their could be a santa clause?

01-12-2009, 02:07 PM
wow this is getting out of control...now we have someone in here posting quotes and writing "GOD SAID" before all of them as if he himself heard it from "god's" mouth, do me a favor kid, prove to me that god himself said those things.

dont you wonder if maybe the people/person who wrote the bible was just the scientist of the age theorizing about where he came from? Just like we do now except with far more information and scientific proof.

i was respectfull enough not to come outright and say god doesnt exist, so maybe you should grow up and admit that you have no idea where humans came from, maybe we did come from bacteria, it sounds a whole lot more likely to me than that a mystical power created us.

It's a site that takes quotes directly out of the bible. They didn't just put "GOD SAID" before it for no reason.

I'm done with this. I'm never going to change everyone else's views, and no one is going to change my views. Thats all there is to it.

Prospector, no one truely does know anything. But I feel better having the assurance that when I do die.. im going to a better place. I believe in god, and always will.

Just lock this thread already...

01-12-2009, 02:09 PM
if you watched the movie you would notice that never once does he say their is no god, he asks people honest question and they cant answer him, because their is no answer, no proof whatsoever that any form of god has ever existed. The point of his movie is to make people think, the human species is growing and changing, its time our beliefs grow and change with it, he wants us to think about it and not be lead into blindly believing in something that makes absolutely no sense. If you were raised to believe that peter pan was god you would fight for your beliefs even though it makes absolutely no sense.

How many people here believe that their could be a santa clause?

There actually is a real saint nick...

not quite what bedtime stories make of him, but there is a real santa. Over in europe or some crap he died a while ago. He would give people in his town gifts

ZeroLogic
01-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Its a loose loose situation. No one on here is going to prove that God himself made everything and no one here is going to prove that God didn't make anything. Only death knows the true answer. I don't see this argument going anywhere.;)

Quad18star
01-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Its a loose loose situation. I don't see this argument going anywhere.;)

Exactly.