PDA

View Full Version : air box eliminator

randallp1
01-06-2009, 10:40 PM
LOOKIN TO SEE WHAT KITS YOU ARE USING. IM RUNNING A 41 MM FCR AND NEED MORE AIR FLOW AND A BIGGER FILTER MY EBAY KIT ISNT CUTTING IT. IF ANY OF YOU KNOW WHAT I NEED OR WHO HAS WHAT PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

togup
01-07-2009, 06:26 AM
ca n you be more specific about what an ebay kit is? My set up is a 42mm with a velosity stack, no air box.

randallp1
01-07-2009, 05:36 PM
the ebay deal is the about 10 inch long 2 inch diameter pipe with a little k&n air filter. i either need a bigger tube that tapers out or a bigger filter. are you bolting up straight to the carb. i havent tryed yet but i think there is a cross bar on the frame that wont allow it. let me know

01-07-2009, 06:47 PM
2" pipe is slimmer than stock isnt it? What about just bolting an air filter to the carb? i've seen it done maybe take a piece of conduit if they make it that big or some type of plumbing pipe that fits the carb at one end and the air filter at the other.

togup
01-07-2009, 06:59 PM
thats what i have , but I have often spied many different sizes with bigger filters at the local auto parts store in the import section. Been thinking about doing that myself they are more rigid and chrome plated.