PDA

View Full Version : Trailboss330 chain tighten ? weird

BYTOR
01-06-2009, 08:38 AM
I just bought a Trailboss 330 Polaris 2004 and the chain is veryloose I tried last night by myself and It did not seam to tighten very much . YOU MAY HAVE TO HAVE SOME HELP TO DO THIS RIGHT . I loosen the 2 big bolts that clamp the carrier from rotating. Also I loosen the 2 bolts that connect the brake assem. to the rear carrier. DO I UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT. you want the tires,axel,carrier to all rotate foward/reverse then you stick a screwdriver thru the sprocket let it touch the carrier/hub ang turn the wheels foward/reverse which everway tightens the chain then lock down all the bolts . Am i doing this correct any pointers would be greatly appreaciated thank you very much......Anthony

katv12
01-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Your chain may be stretch out so much that you will not be able to tighten it. Look in the manual it says to measure the chain from one point to another point so you know if it is still good or not. Also if your sprockets are worn out the chain is probably no good.

BYTOR
01-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Yea I dont think the chain is streched but I dont know that for sure WHAT I DO KNOW is the rear sprocket does not looked worn like that waved look ........ like when the teeth get that worned look to them ya know

katv12
01-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Then what you can do is shorten the chain. Take out a link or two. This is not so easy if you never done it. I use a hammer and a punch and it takes me a while. There are chain brakers made for this making the job much easier. If you going to shorten the chain make sure you dont take too much out where your chain will be too short or will not have engouh slack.

Trxman300
01-11-2009, 09:17 AM
i would take a link out of the chain. the way i do this is to get a dremel or wizz wheel and grind the pin head off and get a small nail and knock it out.

dukee66
02-09-2009, 07:53 PM
get a new chain because the one u have is shot and if u take a link out it justs more streched out and then it will just snap i had that happen. wen i just shortened the chain

TRXRacer1
02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by dukee66
get a new chain because the one u have is shot and if u take a link out it justs more streched out and then it will just snap i had that happen. wen i just shortened the chain Don't forget the sprockets.