PDA

View Full Version : air filter

pitcrew
01-05-2009, 10:20 PM
hey guys would u recommend a foam or k&n style filter. right now i have a velocity.....ive heard good and bad things about the velocity. i wouldnt be opposed to changing but dont want to spend a ton on a new one. input please.

ltrracer
01-05-2009, 10:59 PM
steer clear of the K&N my friend, worst air filter you can buy, unless you like replacing your valves after a couple dusty rides, foam is the way to go if your on a tight budget but if you have a little money to spend go with the Fuel Atv intake, its a K&N "style" filter but its twice as thick as a K&N and nothing gets through this thing and the kit kicks ***, oh and get rid of the velocity as soon as possible, worse than K&N, me and all my buddies went through ours in a couple rides and we all had them pretty much fall apart, hope this helps

miller821
01-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by ltrracer
steer clear of the K&N my friend, worst air filter you can buy, unless you like replacing your valves after a couple dusty rides, foam is the way to go if your on a tight budget but if you have a little money to spend go with the Fuel Atv intake, its a K&N "style" filter but its twice as thick as a K&N and nothing gets through this thing and the kit kicks ***, oh and get rid of the velocity as soon as possible, worse than K&N, me and all my buddies went through ours in a couple rides and we all had them pretty much fall apart, hope this helps

X2.... Search the classifieds and you can find a steal on a Fuel intake if your patient enough.

Dune_Diva
01-16-2009, 11:21 AM
....or sign up on the HQ and pm Danielle for a price on the FUEL ATV setup. ;)

Drewltr450
01-16-2009, 12:51 PM
FUEL FTW

bosshogg1
01-16-2009, 01:03 PM
yeah, I have a velocity too. and they are s**t I'm working on my second top end now, fuel atv set-up is suppose to be one of the best.I was just reading my atvsport mag. an they did a test on the ltr, westcoast vs eastcoast an to make a long story short the east beat. an they was working with a walsh(huge) intake an the cost that they had in the book was 179. right now as we speak I'm about to use a uni foam filter

ltr_akrapovic
01-17-2009, 03:20 PM
pro desing what do yon think about this filter it's good or not for the ltr

sorry for my anglis lolllllll