PDA

View Full Version : BCS College Championship Game

300extreme#8
01-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Ok guys, who's down for the coutdown till the game on thursday. Even though the BCS totally a screwed up process I do believe we have a great game for the big one. Not sure who has the edge to win this one, and I'm not baised to either side but I do believe florida will pull it off. I think by halftime it will be one side to figure out who will win. But I believe the winning play we be made in the last few minutes of the game. OU has a lot to prove with their offense and has been talking their chances of winning are very highly. Should be a great battle between the two...... What do you guys think will happen come thursday night????? SEE YOU AT KICKOFF!!!!!!

03pete
01-05-2009, 10:18 PM
I think Florida has got it. And how about them dam buckeyes:mad: 20 seconds left too...:scary:

jcv400ex
01-06-2009, 06:21 AM
GO LONGHORNS!!!!!!!

Yeah, Mr Bradford is gonna shut Tebooboo up....

ALAMX37
01-06-2009, 07:13 AM
JVC what happened to we are penn state?
Big 10 once again forgot how to win a game when the whole nation is watching.
I want to see anyone shut Tebow up. I think it will come down to Defense, bc both offenses are powerful, but Florida's D is in another league when compared to OU. I think special teams will also play a large role in this game. My prediction Florida 34 Oklahoma 28.

tireman43
01-06-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm a Big 10 guy(being from MN) but I agree they can't show up in the big games.:( With that being said I think Texas got screwed out of the title shot so......DOWN WITH OU! Go Gators!

By the way they need a playoff system in College. It is the only good solution to the mess.

300extreme#8
01-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Just for the record. I'm an S.E.C.guy but I hate florida. They r overrated and everything else. I was pulling for bama bc that's plain hardnose football. But even though I hate florida I can't find anything bad to say about Tim Tebow. He is a great leader and a true christian and you really have to respect that. He doesn't talk crap or putting any other teams or players down.

ALAMX37
01-06-2009, 08:53 AM
I am a Florida fan. How are they overrated? Not being an *** just curious as to your reasoning.

We did get beat by Ole Miss, but they beat Tech so I can swallow that pill. Plus every week in the SEC and Big12 is usually a challenge.

I think the Spread is the future of college football, look at what Pryor can do from the spread. Today's game is speed oriented not so much the brute power game of olden days.

But you said it, Tebow is a humble player with his head on level. He is a great player but he is no legendary all star like the media chalks him up to be.

madskrillz2
01-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by 300extreme#8
Just for the record. I'm an S.E.C.guy but I hate florida. They r overrated and everything else. I was pulling for bama bc that's plain hardnose football. But even though I hate florida I can't find anything bad to say about Tim Tebow. He is a great leader and a true christian and you really have to respect that. He doesn't talk crap or putting any other teams or players down.

Hah are you serious? Overrated? I'm a Bama fan and can't stand losing to Florida, but to say they're overrated is crazy. I'm not trying to be an *** either, I just think that's a little over the top. Don't be surprised if Florida walks away with this one.

300extreme#8
01-06-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm not going back on saying they are overrated. I'm not talking about just this year. Every year since about 2001 Florida has been picked to be in the championship game. I'm not saying they can't back up the hype this year. Heck they have more play makers than any other NCAA college teams. They have the best recruiting in the nation. But I'm saying they are overrated bc from the start they won't give any other teams a chance. Theys why UTAH was highly over looked. I believe UTAH could beat Florida or Oklahoma and its teams like them that make people over look small conferences doin big things bc they r overrated.

jcv400ex
01-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
JVC what happened to we are penn state?
Big 10 once again forgot how to win a game when the whole nation is watching.
I want to see anyone shut Tebow up. I think it will come down to Defense, bc both offenses are powerful, but Florida's D is in another league when compared to OU. I think special teams will also play a large role in this game. My prediction Florida 34 Oklahoma 28.

i'ts JCV dumbass.....penn state had a bad quarter. fumble right before the end of the second quarter. If we would have scored there, it would have been a different game.

Tebow is just another average kid with a big ego, big money and a fat mouth.....his NFL flop will blanket Vince Young's....

The biggest difference between the Big 10 and the SEC is we have STUDENT athletes.....not wannabe thugs.....we'll graduate 78%... and until this year, we haven't been headlining the papers with off field incedents.

So I'll take our guys over yours anyday... :ermm:

madskrillz2
01-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Tebow is just another average kid with a big ego, big money and a fat mouth.....his NFL flop will blanket Vince Young's....

Really now? When have you ever heard anything come out of his mouth besides something positive or God bless?

But to the other guy saying Florida is overrated. Yeah, I'll agree with you there. There have been a few years where they have been overrated but heck who hasn't? I know they definitely haven't been in the past 4 or 5 years. Hah as for Utah, you're definitely right about them being better than people think. They absolutely embarrassed my team.

redlineranger
01-06-2009, 11:31 AM
I am a Florida fan. How are they overrated? Not being an *** just curious as to your reasoning.

We did get beat by Ole Miss, but they beat Tech so I can swallow that pill. Plus every week in the SEC and Big12 is usually a challenge.

I think the Spread is the future of college football, look at what Pryor can do from the spread. Today's game is speed oriented not so much the brute power game of olden days.

But you said it, Tebow is a humble player with his head on level. He is a great player but he is no legendary all star like the media chalks him up to be.

I agree with the spread being the future. I am a die hard Auburn fan and laughed at the idea of it coming to Auburn, and predicted it would ultimately fail and it did. We have always been a power run and gun type team. But never just sole passing. But a team like Florida always has the brute strength and speed for a spread type offense.

Other than a few mistakes, at the end, the speed and better defense of Florida helped prevail over Alabama. Alabama is a great team, very hard nosed program. But plain and simple they were not prepared for the speed. Same with the way they lost to Utah. At the end they just couldn't hang. The almighty Nick Saban even said he was not prepared for the a.. whippin Utah gave them.

I'm pulling for the Florida Gators to win the championship.

madskrillz2
01-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
I agree with the spread being the future. I am a die hard Auburn fan and laughed at the idea of it coming to Auburn, and predicted it would ultimately fail and it did. We have always been a power run and gun type team. But never just sole passing. But a team like Florida always has the brute strength and speed for a spread type offense.

Other than a few mistakes, at the end, the speed and better defense of Florida helped prevail over Alabama. Alabama is a great team, very hard nosed program. But plain and simple they were not prepared for the speed. Same with the way they lost to Utah. At the end they just couldn't hang. The almighty Nick Saban even said he was not prepared for the a.. whippin Utah gave them.

I'm pulling for the Florida Gators to win the championship.

Well put. It hurts me to agree with that, being an Alabama fan, but it's the hard truth. I'm just happy we did well enough to make it to a BCS game. Especially since we're still playing with a ton of Shula's players. It's really gonna help getting that punk JPW outta there.

SPDSNYPR
01-06-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm from Oklahoma but I have a feeling like OU isn't going to win this one.

ricksmx865
01-06-2009, 06:48 PM
GO BALL STATE!!!

sorry i just had to give a shout out to my school, lol

I HATE the gators!!!!! but i have a feeling they'll be walking away with this one :grr:

redlineranger
01-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by ricksmx865
GO BALL STATE!!!

sorry i just had to give a shout out to my school, lol

I HATE the gators!!!!! but i have a feeling they'll be walking away with this one :grr:

I am feeling for you right now man, cause Tulsa just spanked that a..:ermm:

I'm glad Auburn just picked up there offensive coordinator.

MXQUAD294
01-06-2009, 10:00 PM
I hope the heck Florida wins. Not because I'm a big FL fan it's just OU fans make me want to hurl. I live in Western AR, right on the AR/OK border, so I get my fill of them. You can't go anywhere with out seeing a family wearing an excessive amount of OU apparel. The guy will be sporting his OU hat and T-shirt, they wife will have her OU sweatshirt, OU pajama bottoms and OU house shoes, and the kids will all be dressed to mirror their parents. They were this to the grocery store, restaurants, visiting their friends at the hospital, etc. It's insane. Their probably wearing OU socks and underwear too. The vast majority are also sporting the timeless fashion of the mullet (shemullet for the female of the species). Plus a friend's wife is a huge OU fan and nothing would make we happier than shoving OU's lose straight down her throat. GO GATORS!!!

c450Razy
01-06-2009, 10:02 PM
JCV, not to call you a lier or anyhting but i happen to live right next to penn state main, and every year there are many PSU football players gettin in trouble with the law... not to mention many other PSU sports players....and do i really even need to mention Curtis Enis?

300extreme#8
01-07-2009, 12:26 PM
can any of you florida gator haters explain the reason why you hate TIM TEBOW? i mean please list your arguement why you want to shut up a guy that goes to speak to children, then goes to speak to people in prison about God and christianity, then he goes back to school to practice and plan for the games he plays, then also works with his dad doing missionary works back an forth to different places then to go home and do school work. And then on top of that he is a great leader... hate the GAYtors! but i love tebow for all the things he has done not just for the team but all that he influences. So other than just being JEALOUS of him being a great player why would you disrepect someone like that and talk bad about him? try to read what it says on his cheeks in the championship game thursday. he always puts a bible verse in the black lines under his eyes, the verse hat inspired him before the game........

gcart2
01-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by 300extreme#8
can any of you florida gator haters explain the reason why you hate TIM TEBOW? i mean please list your arguement why you want to shut up a guy that goes to speak to children, then goes to speak to people in prison about God and christianity, then he goes back to school to practice and plan for the games he plays, then also works with his dad doing missionary works back an forth to different places then to go home and do school work. And then on top of that he is a great leader... hate the GAYtors! but i love tebow for all the things he has done not just for the team but all that he influences. So other than just being JEALOUS of him being a great player why would you disrepect someone like that and talk bad about him? try to read what it says on his cheeks in the championship game thursday. he always puts a bible verse in the black lines under his eyes, the verse hat inspired him before the game........

because hes so good.

go gators!!!!:macho

ALAMX37
01-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Its ok JCV is just sour because his entire conference got embarrassed again. It just goes to show you the caliber of the big 10 pure powerhouses. ROTFL

We do it year in and year out down here boss, we play and win titles almost every year. If you aren't SEC, Big 12, or USC you have no business in a title game.

gcart2
01-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Its ok JCV is just sour because his entire conference got embarrassed again. It just goes to show you the caliber of the big 10 pure powerhouses. ROTFL

We do it year in and year out down here boss, we play and win titles almost every year. If you aren't SEC, Big 12, or USC you have no business in a title game. thanks for the good deal on atv vs mx untamed. still playing it to this day.

300extreme#8
01-07-2009, 12:53 PM

We do it year in and year out down here boss, we play and win titles almost every year. If you aren't SEC, Big 12, or USC you have no business in a title game.

That's funny bc I believe UTAH is.the best team in the nation and could beat anyone. Including USC, OU, and FL. Props to the coach at UTAH he put one hell of a team together.

ben300
01-07-2009, 12:58 PM

i dont want to disagree with you on this but to say that they dotn belong in a championship game is a chump shot....

ya, all those divisions are pretty much better than what the big ten is right now, but there have been years in teh past when the teams from the bigten have been just as good as everyone else...

plus i'm a pennstate fan and i dnot care for ohio state adn was glad to watch them loose, but if you think that in two more years that they wont be good, then you probably shoudl think again becuse tressel and pryor are gonna make that a foot ball juggernaut....

also, usc played fantastic in that game, in teh second quarter...other wise they dditn play all that much better than pennstate....and im not saying this as a biased opinion cuase i believe that hey could and dominiate the gators right now in teh national championship...if you dont believe me just look at the quarter by quarter stats...

but al that aside....im tired of the sec winning all these national championships....thats why im rooting ofr ou to win....

scuzz
01-07-2009, 01:00 PM
After determining the Big-12 championship game participants, the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

"Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking."

* B/R Ticket Guide