PDA

View Full Version : summitt indoor mx

Ryko racing
01-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Does anyone know how big this track is?

Can we run our Cobra auto clutch 80 ?

i have left several messages and have gotten no response???

Is it woth driving 5 hours for this event??

rookiewrench
01-05-2009, 10:41 AM
The track if it is like years past, is very short. The holeshot is 25-30yds tops and tight hairpin turns. You will have to run your auto clutch if you do not want to be protested. I suggest to gear low because Ryan will probably not get out of 3rd gear. Good Luck!

DAVYS DAD
01-06-2009, 05:57 PM
whats up RYKO me and a bud will be going down friday morning
and racing all weekend. dont know about the track but hear its very tight

later

guy310
01-06-2009, 08:01 PM
It is tight but is always fun and always has good racing with good competition. Lots of fast riders in Ohio.

Logan #34's Dad
01-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Ryko, Go to youtube and search Summit Indoors. The track has been pretty much the same for a long time. Very small, holeshot is important as there is little room to pass - two and half mini quads wide. Dress warm or bring an RV to stay warm in or a heater for the trailer. They do have electic hookup on a first come basis. Food is there along with some vendors. Saturday is the big day but very long. We went to the local mall during the day.
Reference the Cobra: Jeremy Ladone [sp.] ran his last year and I don't think anyone cared. HOWEVER - the locals take the points very serious so you could go to the promoter and tell them not to score you in the points and that you are just wanting seat time. Technically it is suppose to be belt driven (CVT)

Ryko racing
01-07-2009, 07:26 AM
I THINK WE WILL GO TO PRO SOURCE AND RACE SATURDAY. I DONT WANT TO DRIVE 4 HRS AND HAVE TO ARGUE WITH THE PARENTS. ( I CAN GET THAT ENJOYMENT CLOSE TO HOME)

LT80
01-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Biggest waste of money I ever spent.
But I did it. :)

rookiewrench
01-07-2009, 08:43 AM
According to the 2008 rules in regards to mini quad they read:

5. All Mini Quads must have an axle no longer than 4” over stock and must be a factory production quad with automatic clutch.

So with that they do not need to be cvt, they just need not to have a manual clutch. A honda would be fine with the auto clutch and a cobra would also be fine with the auto clutch. You can shift but no manual clutch.

The age and cc limit read as such:

Mini Quads
50cc Mini Quad: includes the TRX70 6 yrs. and under

Junior Mini:
0-76cc 9 yrs. & under
stock frame and case
0-79cc 9 yrs. & under
stock frame & case including 4 stroke

Senior Mini:
2 stroke 80-95cc 15 yrs & under
4 stroke 90-110cc
stock frame & case