View Full Version : PVL Ignition

T@AFP
01-05-2009, 07:06 AM
I had taken my sons motor out of the frame to do some mods on it. The motor was running fine when removed. I re installed it and now i do not have any spark. I checked the ground and connection etc....
I ended up putting the stock DRR ignition back in for the weekend.

Is there any test to see what's wrong? Is this normal that they just go? Can it be repaired?
Or is this thing now an expensive paper weight?

etondaddy
01-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Call Penton

http://www.pentonimports.com/

Mike Kozura

zach R 7x
01-05-2009, 09:14 AM
from my experence with them in the past they do go out just like that. but i would call penton , they might tell you how to test. but good luck trying to buy just the part that is bad . i was talking to shawn last fri and he was adj my pvl and he said he has some spare parts for one ,maybe you can give him a call and he can help you out.

Tom is hunter ok ? he looked alittle shaken after the wreck yesterday, i hope he is ok. your quads looked pretty good yesterday.

T@AFP
01-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Yeh, I guess I'll call Shawn see if I can piece it back together.

Hunters fine, he did that little double double section and forgot we just put that foot brake on and couldn't make the turn at that speed. Well, hopefully we got that out of the way for this year....or at least through January.

I'll see ya at Summit on Thursday for practice. Let me know if you need anything.

Tom

Thanks for asking about Hunter.

Logan #34's Dad
01-05-2009, 12:46 PM
hey Tom, They do just go bad. You will need an OMH tester and you'll know if your stator is bad. There is a set resistance and if it went bad the reading will be off. Shawn should be able to help OR just call Penton. There offices are real close to you I believe.
Rocky

Reimer Racing
01-05-2009, 02:17 PM
You probaly have PVL part # 7017 If you give me the part # stamped on the plate I can give the OHM range you need to be within.

Don't forget to use a Digtial Ohm Meter, not a Analog Meter as it is not specific enough.

T@AFP
01-05-2009, 04:07 PM
You guys thanks.
Mike sent me the link to them and they are real close to me.
I called them and they gave me them specs and I'll do some checking tonight.
Thanks again.

Rocky, are we gonna see you this weekend?
I'll have my booth up there. Same place as the last 8 years.
Stop by.... but I'll just be spectating on Friday nite.

Logan #34's Dad
01-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey Tom,
Logan is in the middle of his wrestling season and is kicking *** so I don't want to get him hurt. Pretty tight there and Logan seems to find the crashes from time to time. LOL I may try to come up to watch (which will kill him) on Saturday night but we'll see. If not we will see you in February.
Rocky

frank parvin
01-23-2009, 06:58 AM
tell logan good work on the mat and me and ries said keep up the good work see ya at dist. what weigh?? manchester has 2 studs around his weight i think joey bowen is 64 and marsalei is at 70 or 73

Logan #34's Dad
01-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey Frank, Logan is wrestling the 70 pound class. I know Bowen is a hammer but I've not heard of the other boy. We will see them Saturday at the Portage Lakes Tourney. Reis wrestling?

frank parvin
01-23-2009, 12:43 PM
i dont think marsalli is that light (70) i think hes at 76 hes young but good very good. ries is in 7th grade so hes wrestling on the 7/8 grade team at 110 lb hes place 3 in both of are tournys and is 12-5 not bad for a 7th grader . i live in portage lakes and craig live about a 1/4 mile from were you will be wrestling . you may see me at the tourny if not tell logan good luck.