PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a pro armor killswitch?, I need help hooking mine up.

zack221
01-04-2009, 07:54 PM
I bought this pro armor killswitch and I cant wire it up. http://www.proarmor.com/store/product_info...v43qe7qhpct1pe0

I wired it up to my stock on\off switch and it was backwards the fourwheeler would only start if the killswitch was pulled out. Then I tried wiring into the coil and nothing there either. Can someone please help? I am clueless what to wire this into and I have a race this weekend and they are checking the killswitches. This is on a 2008 ltr 450

416exfreak
01-04-2009, 08:02 PM
If it is a 2-wire killswitch like the Pro-designs are, then one of the wires is just a frame ground.

Take a grinder or dremmel, remove a bolt that holds a bracket to the frame, and grind the paint off the frame and bracket in the spot where the ground will touch.

The other wire is the one that sends the current, and signal to the coil that lets it know to send fire, or not send fire.

Make sure its grounded good, and then if it still wont work and you know its grounded, then its time to start hunting wires.

The killswitch on my 400ex was a PITA to wire up.:ermm:

Goodluck:)

zack221
01-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Yea its two wires. So I need to wire one into the coil and the other grounded on the frame. Right?

416exfreak
01-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by zack221
Yea its two wires. So I need to wire one into the coil and the other grounded on the frame. Right?

Thats what my pro-design said to do, but I wound up doing it differently.

I did the grounding part, just as I explained it to you. But on what im going to call the "live wire", I had to improvise.

After doing some research, it looks like you need to tie the "live wire" into a white wire, with a blue stripe thats coming from the CDI box, or either a black wire coming off the coil.

You should post this topic in the LT-R section too, and hopefully someone can give you a deffinate answer on this!

Sorry I couldnt help you as much as you need.:chinese:

zack221
01-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the help i posted it on ltr hq and they told me what to do. I got to hook the live wire into my tip over switch.

zack221
01-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Ok I wired into the tipover switch and still nothing. I grounded one wire on a bolt. I took the bolt out and sanded the paint off the frame and the dirt off the bolt. Then on the plug I pulled the red wire out of the plug and wired the other wire from the killswitch into that red wire. Did i mess up? I am starting to think the kill switch is junk.

Sorry about the pics I took them with my phone the first is where I grounded it at I wrapped the wire around that bolt and put loctite on the bolt and put it back on.

zack221
01-06-2009, 02:58 PM
second pic

440challenger
01-06-2009, 05:49 PM
stop cutting wires and get the plug and play kit that pro armor sells to hook the ks to your ltr....

zack221
01-06-2009, 07:55 PM
No wires where cut that red wire was already stripped so I just hooked them together. I got a race this weekend out of town and I got to get it hooked up before I leave.