PDA

View Full Version : email services for small offices

derekhonda
01-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Hey guys, still setting up a nice new office at the company i work for. We have already purchased three new computers and a new copier/scanner/fax/printer to tie into all three computers.

This is quite an upgrade, the old computers were from 2000 and were rediculously slow, and the copy machine that was purchased in 98 jammed up about every 10th copy and really made me appreciate office space when the smash the copier.

Anyways, I got everything transferred off the old computers, except they used "mozilla thunderbird" for their email. I redownloaded the program onto one computer, and after about 4 hours later I had reloaded all the contacts for the email address book and have transferred over all the saved important emails.

Anyways, now I am stuck. They only had email on one computer last time and I was really hoping to get all the emails on each computer.

I don't feel like I am explaining this very well...anyways, thunderbird is a program that reroutes an email through yahoo so instead of it being "johnsmith@yahoo.com" it becomes "johnsmith@yourcompanyname.com" It isn't any big deal but it really makes it seem more professional.

So how can I set it up where when one email is sent it splits it up to go to all three computers...I am really at a loss.

and if you have no advice on the email troubles, I have been told there are companies out there that will provide this same email service for a fee, and basically manage all of your information...what are they called and how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks alot.

scuzz
01-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Yahoo does small business hosting for email I'm sure. If you're interested in changing the email host name, you'll have to go that route.