PDA

View Full Version : WORCS 2009 is almost here!!

QuadJunkies
01-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Its hard to believe that the season is almost here already!!
I hope you all have MUCH better weather for your season opener than last years was .:ermm:

Im sorry to say we wont be there for this round and possibly a few other rounds this year, but we will be thinking of you all and wish you a SUPER year racing! If I hear it was warm and sunny, Im gonna be jealous! lol
Is everyone ready?!! An yone make changes to what they are riding in 2009?

riding4fun
01-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Sorry to hear that you won't be joining us. No changes here, except I'm gonna run the 40 C this year.

So far the weather has been pretty good. Hope your weather gets better.

Darrell

adrenalinefreak
01-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Sorry to hear you guys wont be making it out for this round and maybe a few others :(

I've made quite a few changes for 2009.

I'll be riding the 09 Kawi. My bike will be a little different as will some sponsors...

FMF instead of MotoWorks, Pro Armor Nerfs instead of IMS, EBC Brakes instead of stock. TwinAir Filters instead of K&N. Not sure if I'll be running flexxbars..they were one of the things that got stolen so we'll see.

I'm so glad 2008 is over it was such a terrible year for me especially towards the end!!! I'm hoping my luck will change for the better for 2009!!

Tina, how have you guys been? How's Kelsey's Shoulder?? My wrist is still healing!! Been in physical therapy for a few weeks now which seems to be helping!! Still not 100% so well see for Phoenix!!

QuadJunkies
01-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Donna, you are sooo right when we refer to 2008.That had to be the hardest year we have ever had and were still trying to recover from it .
Kelsey is good, but she will have to go back in and have another surgery to remove all the hardware this spring.We seen the Dr. last week and are going to try and do this around spring break.
It will be alot quicker recovery, but still abit painful. Her plates are really causing alot of discomfort since shes a smaller framed person.It really bothers her wearing protective gear and she has to pad up to avoid rubbing.I think the biggest issue is the cold on the plate casues her alot of aching-she HATES the cold. lol
shes back to normal stuff now and done 100 push ups yeasterday! lol
We are in the process of moving in Feb. so thats why we cant make it out this round .Our goal is around the Phoenix area in hopefully the future,but for now we are just buying time until the economy picks up to put in a transfer.
We too have made a few changes to sponsors and have also added a few additions.
Ill be keeping in touch with some of the other riders who can fill me in on how everyone done at round 1. :)
Its going to be strange not being there.:( Kelsey was VERY excited to make her debut on the new quad.

Her new race # will be #51- her Dads retired number :D
Brandons will remain the same

adrenalinefreak
01-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Glad to hear she's back to normal. I hear ya about the cold. Seems to make everything worse!!

That would be really cool if you guys moved closer!! You ever think about Las Vegas??

That's cool she's going to be running Troy's number!! I'm sure she fill those shoes!! I think she's going to smoke the women...probably even me.

I haven't been on a bike since the last race and that wasn't that pleasant!!! My bikes all put back together for the most part so going to try and get out this weekend to ride.

Last year is gone thank god. Between broken bones, stolen bikes, truck issues and the most recent being a close one passing away over Christmas...i'm glad it's a new year and a fresh start.

Hoping the economy will pick back up soon!! Jason's looking at houses so maybe that'll happen in the near future!!

Do you guys know where you're going to move to, did you mention phoenix or did I read that wrong?!?

QuadJunkies
01-08-2009, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by adrenalinefreak
Glad to hear she's back to normal. I hear ya about the cold. Seems to make everything worse!!

That would be really cool if you guys moved closer!! You ever think about Las Vegas??

That's cool she's going to be running Troy's number!! I'm sure she fill those shoes!! I think she's going to smoke the women...probably even me.

I haven't been on a bike since the last race and that wasn't that pleasant!!! My bikes all put back together for the most part so going to try and get out this weekend to ride.

Last year is gone thank god. Between broken bones, stolen bikes, truck issues and the most recent being a close one passing away over Christmas...i'm glad it's a new year and a fresh start.

Hoping the economy will pick back up soon!! Jason's looking at houses so maybe that'll happen in the near future!!

Do you guys know where you're going to move to, did you mention phoenix or did I read that wrong?!?

No vegas here!! I dont think Id like to raise kids there. lol But yes, somewhere in the Phoenix area(not directly in) when there is an opportunity for Troy to transfer we are hoping to head that direction.
Kelseys got ALOt to learn on a handful of power,but shes been doing really well so far! :)
Ill be thinking of ya, let me know how you done at round 1 !

GWTT
01-14-2009, 06:23 PM
are there not many WORCS rider's on the site? Ill be at round 1. Open B and sport B #714.
Steven

timmybreakitall
01-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Just got back from the 8hr and rd 1 track will be fast-fast. The bike I left down there was ready , now broken , other bike is waiting on parts.

RPMAXLE
01-15-2009, 07:28 AM
Hey guys , we are really excited for the 09 season to get going ..I cant wait !!!!!!

Tim your always breaking something.. :D ..

See you guys at the track ......

QuadJunkies
01-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by RPMAXLE
Hey guys , we are really excited for the 09 season to get going ..I cant wait !!!!!!

Tim your always breaking something.. :D ..

See you guys at the track ......

His user name is quite fitting, isnt it?:o :p
lol

hanes17
01-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by timmybreakitall
Just got back from the 8hr and rd 1 track will be fast-fast. The bike I left down there was ready , now broken , other bike is waiting on parts.

Is it similar to last years track???

400grl
01-17-2009, 09:44 PM
I will be racing Round one this year - if you want to call it racing - lol! I will most likely just be trying to hang on and not fall off all out of breath and wheezing - lol! :) I haven't raced a quad in a while, so this should be interesting!

I just brought home my brand new 2009 YFZR, which I will be racing in the Stock B class at Round 1. :) Can't wait - I miss WORCS races!!! :)

QuadJunkies
01-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I will be racing Round one this year - if you want to call it racing - lol! I will most likely just be trying to hang on and not fall off all out of breath and wheezing - lol! :) I haven't raced a quad in a while, so this should be interesting!

I just brought home my brand new 2009 YFZR, which I will be racing in the Stock B class at Round 1. :) Can't wait - I miss WORCS races!!! :)
And here I travel the series for two full years and the one round I cant make- your racing-GO FIGURE!:p
Guess we will have to meet up another time.
You will ROCK out there, Im sure!:macho

LT80
01-18-2009, 08:36 AM
"I just brought home my brand new 2009 YFZR,"

No wonder you won't call it racing...LMAO :D :D :D
Sorry Corry ...Just had to.

Low turnout for the endurance race?

QuadJunkies
01-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Numbers were down quite abit .
The Economy is really hurting the racing for most this year. :(

riding4fun
01-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Tina,

It looks like good weather. It's not too late to change your mind.

QuadJunkies
01-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Trust me, we wish I could ..:(

400grl
01-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by LT80
"I just brought home my brand new 2009 YFZR,"

No wonder you won't call it racing...LMAO :D :D :D
Sorry Corry ...Just had to.

LOL!! :) Wish I was in good enough shape to even consider racing with your daughter, Jack! Maybe next year I'll let her lap me! : )

Tina, wish you were coming out to this one - figured you would be......maybe we will make another one this season if it's not conflicting with our other races.....?

F-16Guy
01-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Good to hear you're back on a quad this year, Corry. I'd love to be in Phoenix for round one, but we just moved to Indiana, so it's not in the cards this year. Good luck to all of you guys from the site, and to Josh this year for a safe, healthy season and another championship year. Looks like it might be time for me to start looking at the Indiana XC threads :)

CannondaleRider
01-20-2009, 06:03 PM
I'll be there!

....Kind of a given, right? haha.

400grl
01-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks F-16guy! I hope you find some great places to race out there!! :)

daddio
01-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Cory.... Christian from MXN will be there. Reed can introduce you to him. You'll need more of his product to endure the WORCS race.

Reed also has his stock YFZR to race in the Pro class. He wanted to ride stock A, but they won't let him.

Good luck.

GWTT
01-21-2009, 02:37 PM
From the fastest 3 minutes from the bikes on the WORCS site, looks like a blast to ride the track at speedworld. nothing to technical so the average rider (me :D ) doesnt wreck! Im driving friday afternoon/ evening from so-cal. going to be a busy but hopefully fun weekend. Hope to put some faces to the names on here.
B-series for me open and sport. good luck to you all and sorry for those who could not make round 1 :(

400grl
01-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by daddio
Cory.... Christian from MXN will be there. Reed can introduce you to him. You'll need more of his product to endure the WORCS race.

Reed also has his stock YFZR to race in the Pro class. He wanted to ride stock A, but they won't let him.

Good luck.

Oh cool! :) Will be good to see you guys again! I'll be out Friday for practice, then we will be back out Friday night to stay for the weekend......looking forward to it!!

Ex'r Marlin
01-28-2009, 03:34 PM
WOW... Round 1 sure was E X C I T I N G! :)

Lots of "new rides" out there too!!!

Awesome to see Kawasaki's Chad Wienen out there... absolutely flying!

Dats Racing's Robbie and John Shafe coming off the 8 hr win, Motoworks with "Frenchie", Zimmerman, and Frederick, Mike Cafro's Racing Team of Baron and Marana, Polaris Doug Eichner, ATVRiders.com own Jarrod McClure... All the way from Pennsylvania!, Yamaha's Nelson, MXNutrition's Timmy Break it All... :), and sooooo many others!!!

29 Pro's at the start!!!! :)

Soo much good racing... Tina, I too wished you were here!!!

It was great seeing Harlen Foley here too... What a character!

Great to see WORCS and Speedworld put on another spectacular opening race to start off the series, and with great attendance in both motorcycles and quads/rhinos... Awesome!

I also got to witness a good friend from here, Danny Ford, taking the holeshot and win in the Stock C class... It was his first "solo" race... Good job Danny!

Corry... Sorry... I missed both your race and Jason's... But it sure was great to see both of you out there!!!!! Hope to see you guys on these "4 wheels" more often... :)

I had a lot of fun in the Pro Pits with Marty Bowers pitting for Jarrod McClurre... Hope to see more of those two as well!!!

Lots of laughs... A HUGE differnce from last years Pro race to this years Pro race... BEAUTIFUL weather!

QuadJunkies
01-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Hey Marlin, good to hear you made it for the wk end! Harlen told me you would be out there for this round. I too am glad there wasnt a repeat of last years weather.
That was the worst!