PDA

View Full Version : lexx mxe s/o

omeeomy
01-04-2009, 06:56 AM
anyone put there running the lexx mxe s/o?
please let us know what ya think ?
looking at getting one of these
the reviews are pretty good

bigredisb
01-04-2009, 07:02 AM
fitup was great on mine, it's a breeze to service and change tips, and it sounds great. I had a bunch of guys on 450r's stop me on the ice yesterday and they loved the sound.

5corpi9
01-04-2009, 07:48 AM
I ordered one yesterday...Should be delivered within a couple of days...

I've read all the reviews I could find and for the price and what people are stating about it, I figure why not give it a try...

I'll let you know the out come.

omeeomy
01-04-2009, 08:06 AM
thamks looking forward to it
thinking about getting one myself
got em on ebay for 175 with free shipping

5corpi9
01-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Yesterday, it took me less than 45 mins to install. (20 mins was to let the high-temp silicone gasket dry)

Sounds great with the silencer core in...Sounds awesome without it! It's actually ridiculously loud without it in!!!

Rode the quad today, warmed it up for about 5 mins, then rode it like I stole it! I noticed the difference right away! Better throttle response and a big difference in 3rd gear, which I was able to hold longer than with the stock muffler.

I would recommend this exhaust to all...And for the price...
YES>>>IT'S A STEAL!!!

Hope this helps in your decision...

omeeomy
01-08-2009, 03:26 AM
hey thats great
did you have to rejet your carb?
if so whst jets did you use?

5corpi9
01-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by omeeomy
hey thats great
did you have to rejet your carb?
if so whst jets did you use?

As of right now, I didn't have to rejet.

I believe the reason is because I am running a UNI filter with the stock air filter cover, with the stock header pipes. And where I ride, it's not a high altitude place, so I don't have to tweek the engine at all.

If you just add an exhaust, you don't need to rejet.
You could, but it's up to you.

My old quad, 08 Raptor 250, I added the same set up, (just an FMF exhaust & air filter with the stock air box lid) and it worked great!

From my findings on the internet, most people rejet when they:
1. Use an air filter lid cover.
2. Use a full-system exhaust.
3. Use a new piston kit/upgrade. Etc...
And there might be more reasons.

All in all, I am happy with the exhaust and for the price, I don't think you can find a well made/performs well exhaust out there.

I will try to post some pics sometime.
Installation was a breeze.

Brauap
01-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by 5corpi9
As of right now, I didn't have to rejet.

I believe the reason is because I am running a UNI filter with the stock air filter cover, with the stock header pipes. And where I ride, it's not a high altitude place, so I don't have to tweek the engine at all.

If you just add an exhaust, you don't need to rejet.
You could, but it's up to you.

My old quad, 08 Raptor 250, I added the same set up, (just an FMF exhaust & air filter with the stock air box lid) and it worked great!

From my findings on the internet, most people rejet when they:
1. Use an air filter lid cover.
2. Use a full-system exhaust.
3. Use a new piston kit/upgrade. Etc...
And there might be more reasons.

All in all, I am happy with the exhaust and for the price, I don't think you can find a well made/performs well exhaust out there.

I will try to post some pics sometime.
Installation was a breeze.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rejet it for god sakes! You don't have to.. but then again.. you don't have to put oil in it either! It takes about 6 bucks and maybe 30 minutes.. and you'll notice better gains!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

katch26
01-08-2009, 02:33 PM
alot of times you can get off without rejetting if the air intake is around the same...depending on bikes some quads come rich from the factory and a pipe equals it out. BUT you will really notice the benefit of the pipe once that air box is opened up and then you WILL have to rejet...JMO

rcatvrider
01-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Being at a lower elevation means you are running leaner than at a high elevation. These quads are jetted lean stock, so you should definitely consider rejetting with a pipe and filter.

5corpi9
01-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Sounds good to me! I am in the process of finding the right jets/where to start/Etc...

This will be the first time I attempt to rejet it myself, that way I can learn how to do it for down the road knowledge...

I am looking for a kit that starts with a 150 main jet and up, that way I can have the extras for future mods.

Any recommendations? Brands/Kits/Tips?

Thanks!

Brauap
01-09-2009, 04:56 AM
Sounds good to me! I am in the process of finding the right jets/where to start/Etc...

This will be the first time I attempt to rejet it myself, that way I can learn how to do it for down the road knowledge...

I am looking for a kit that starts with a 150 main jet and up, that way I can have the extras for future mods.

Any recommendations? Brands/Kits/Tips?

Thanks!

Jets R Us (jetsrus.com)

Gets er done! Fast shipping.. cheap prices..

BTW don't get a jet kit.. just but from your current on.. then up 3 or 4 and but a 42 poilet.. saves you money, space, and time.

cam19aro86
01-09-2009, 05:48 AM
I bought one before winter to do my new rebuild. I bought the optional spark arrestor, it sounds great, looks good, and installation was a breeze. I did however have to rejet.

5corpi9
01-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Would this be a good starting purchase?

1. Pilot - 40 & 42
2. Main - 150, 152 & 155

When I do get the jets in,
I want to start with the 40 Pilot & 150 Main correct??? :confused:

Then if the spark plug is a whiteish color, it's still lean, which means to move up to the next size main jet 152 or next Pilot 42??? :confused:

How do I know which one (main or pilot) to change out after the first rejet? :confused:

Or do I keep the 40 pilot and just change out the main?
Very confused at this part...

Thanks!

Brauap
01-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Would this be a good starting purchase?

1. Pilot - 40 & 42
2. Main - 150, 152 & 155

When I do get the jets in,
I want to start with the 40 Pilot & 150 Main correct??? :confused:

Then if the spark plug is a whiteish color, it's still lean, which means to move up to the next size main jet 152 or next Pilot 42??? :confused:

How do I know which one (main or pilot) to change out after the first rejet? :confused:

Or do I keep the 40 pilot and just change out the main?
Very confused at this part...

Thanks!

And possibly 158. I would just start at the 152 and see where you are.. and put the 42 in. (don't get the 40)

The 42 really just helps with cold starting in the winter.. but also it the fuel for 0-1/4 throttle. The only difference btween a 40 & 42 really is just help with starting.. if you run w/o a choke, pump the throttle 2-3 times and it will start right up!

Poilet: 42
Main: 152, 155, 158

rcatvrider
01-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Before I installed my exhaust, it had a rich bog when you hit the throttle(pilot) with a 42 pilot so you are probably best off picking up a 40 pilot too since you still have an airbox lid. I'm at low elevation and using a 155 main with a couple more mods than you so I'm guessing you would be a 152 or 155 main.