PDA

View Full Version : need a-arm advice / a-arms pricing

brandonpeake
01-04-2009, 03:46 AM
I am purchasing some a-arms for a laeger chassis narrow frame quad, I am having problems deciding on width, it will not enter an XC race i havean xc quad for that i dont plan on racing mx with it but I have a small mx track we are expanding so i will trail ride and do some play MX, i dont want too wide but im going to run 4-1 wheels but i could run 3-2 for mx and 4-1 for trails but i thought the 4-1 handeld better

advice please this is my first situation like this
isnt this fame 2 in narrow than regular -1 on each side?

i found a reputable source with some ARS-fx arms never sold to the public as far as I have been able to rind out Matt Smiley ran some Xc ones that was pus 1 i found an individual with +1 xc and +2 MX arms both are new what is afair price on these arms?

matt250r21
01-04-2009, 01:08 PM
You want +4 a arms for a narrow Laeger frame. With the +4 arms on, 3x2 rims will get you to 49 inches wide, 4x1 rims will put you at 48 inches wide.

1promodfan
01-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by matt250r21
You want +4 a arms for a narrow Laeger frame. With the +4 arms on, 3x2 rims will get you to 49 inches wide, 4x1 rims will put you at 48 inches wide.

Whats the difference between 3x2or 4x1 rims? And how do you know which ones to order? How can I tell which ones are on my bike......or can I??

DEERCHOOPER
01-04-2009, 05:17 PM
3:2 and 4:1 is wheel offset.you either have 2" or 1" from the center plate to the outside of your rim. and 3" or 4" from center plate to the inside of your rim. front rims

if you were to put 4:1 rims on, 1" to the outside then flip them and run the 4" to the out side you would feel the differance in bump steer. well some ppl use the 4;1 to reduce bump steer and or tighten up the front end for overall width.