PDA

View Full Version : **NEED HELP** 250r rear brakehub removal

mizzoufan
01-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm having a serious problem getting the rear brake hub to come off my 250r. I've tried every angle I know, and no results. It seems to be seized on. Any ideas?????

BKex
01-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Try heating up the hub and or let some pb blaster soak on there for a day.
im assuming your already have the axle locknut and everything off

mizzoufan
01-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Yeah, everything is off that needs to be. Have heated it up, still wont budge. wd-40 like crazy. I've taken apart a number of rear ends. This is just crazy!! I've beat, tapped all around the outside, pryed on it. I'm at a stand still on it. Hoping someone has had this problem, and has the correct solution.

DEERCHOOPER
01-03-2009, 04:16 PM
i had the same problem a couple weeks ago. i used a butain torch and it didnt seam like i was getting anywhere. so i put the axle in the vice and put the torch to it again. i set the axle up so i could spin it and the torch was on the bench so i didnt have to hold it and i worked on other things. every once in a while i would spin it, lube it then gave it hell. i used a long piece of pipe to beat it down to get the ring off then i smacked it the other way till it came off. anti seeze will go on this time.

mizzoufan
01-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Mine is still on the bike. Can the sprocket hub be removed while the axle is still on the bike?? Then I could pull the axle out that way??

DEERCHOOPER
01-03-2009, 04:43 PM
sure, you need to push it in first to get the snap ring off then you can try to get it off and out.

mizzoufan
01-04-2009, 12:55 PM
anyone else??

quad9
01-04-2009, 02:34 PM
use a cut off wheel and just cut it off.
they are all over e-bay for next to nothing

atvmxr
01-04-2009, 10:21 PM
make sure the snap ring is out, then thread the hub nut on, and use a block of wood and hammer the end of the axle. thats what I had to do last time. (the nut goes on so you can straighten any mangled threads, just in case) I didnt damage any threads though...