PDA

View Full Version : Do The 06 and newer 450s have an oil cooler???

TJ Bradley
01-02-2009, 10:43 PM
My oil cooler broke off and is leaking now. I heard starting in 06 they stopped using them. If so it should be alright just to bypass mine right??? ANy help?? :confused:

chadbarger18
01-02-2009, 11:01 PM
correct the 06 and up do not have an oil cooler but idk if you could bypass it idk how the pump and stuff like that work but you possible could

TJ Bradley
01-02-2009, 11:12 PM
I think i'm gonna try it so i can get it goin b4 the next race, i dont see what it would hurt if the newer ones and all the CRFs are running them that way. i guess im just gonna take one of the hoses that run to the cooler, and just connect it to teh other side where the other hose comes out. It'd be the same Flow sequence just no Cooler to run through. You think this will work. Or am i over looking somethin that would throw me a big curve.

chadbarger18
01-02-2009, 11:17 PM
i just went and looked at mine it looks like it should work with out anything going wrong it might run like 2 degrees hotter but nothing major

TJ Bradley
01-02-2009, 11:22 PM
I've been debating on doing it all day, after i patched up my busted POS honda radiator. lol. Hell with my luck i'll prob fry the rings in it from runnin hot. idk

pro-rider46
01-02-2009, 11:57 PM
it has the cooler for a reason, the motors arent the same, do it at your own risk, but i sure as hell would do it to mine even if i was in a bind

TJ Bradley
01-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Its definitly not somethin permenent, its just to get it runnin for this race. Its an indoor MX only 5 laps. You think it'd be ok for that?

miles Machine
01-03-2009, 11:00 AM
like the others stated is is like that for a reason, and it could possibly fry your engine.

if you do do this remember you oil capacity is going to be different with out the cooler, if u put the normal amount in it its gonna blow back throught the breather.

dustinshuler
01-03-2009, 12:00 PM
hey man , go get one from Tommy if he still has one. There is no way I would do it. Remember your bike will have to be warmed up sitting in the tunnel waiting your turn to practice, quilify and race.It will get real hot then and then when you take off it has no way to cool. I know your leading the points but its not worth it.
Fix it the right way.If you have any questions or need any help call me 828-508-5344. Maybee I can help you find one.

TJ Bradley
01-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Alright im not gonna do it. I'll figure out something to do. Possibly a tranny cooler off of a vehilce? should be the same thing? Just got to get it done soon. Thanks for all he help. and Thanks Dustin i'll holler at ya.

MX450
01-03-2009, 02:33 PM
find you an oil cooler on here or off ebay and fix it with the right part! missing one race can be worth fixing it right the first time!!!!!