PDA

View Full Version : Really thinking of it.

rookiex
01-02-2009, 08:46 PM
I have been finding some great deals on sukis well everything at that matter honda and yama.I just want to know I see the way a ltr sits and it seems to be more ''race ready'' looking to me.I want the power of my 450r but the closest set up to MX without having to put 2500 into suspension RIGHT NOW ya know.Its like you buy a quad and then you just cant ride it for a little bit it NEEDS suspension.I hear that it is really good as it sits.

Then I seen the (450r vr ltr) thread seen all that maddness.I love the honda dont get me wrong.But not everything is drag racing and top speed at all.They say the ltr is underpowered but I hate to say if you can use a 450 of any kind to its FULLEST possible potential you need to be pro.Some of us like handling and suspension over drag racing.

And what is a cherry bomb? A power commander? And one other cheaper upgrade cant think of the name that really helps the power.???

Is a 07 fuel injected?

REALLLLY thinking about getting one and the more deals I see the more im getting ready to sell my springfield armorys and some of my wife dimonds lol.

01-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Cherry bomb is $40 and just plugs into your whires takes a minute to do and it just plugs in. Power camander is only needed if you mod the engine cause a cherry bomb works good enough with a exhause/intake upgrade. All years are fuel injected.

And a 450r faster than a ltr? Not the stock ones I went up against. When I was all stock with the spark arrestor pulled I beat 450rs in drags every time.
Up against a 08 yfz450 with the sparky pulled and he would have a small advantage in a drag. But once I pluged in a cherry bomb and removed the air box the yfz450 stood no chance.

rookiex
01-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Is it similar to a cannondale fuel system? or better?

I use to love racing and ill race again.How are the ltr's doing in the races.Pretty even with everything else.

LTRracer4
01-02-2009, 09:25 PM
The suzukis are not under powered at all. They do fine, and they have won many championship. All years are fuel injected. The cherry bomb and power commander are efi programmers, the cherry bomb has one map that works good for basic mods, the power commander has hundreds of maps to choose from for small mods up to the utmost you can do. Get the suzuki, you wont be disapointed... the first thing i would do is buy some fox evol shocks for the stock a-arms, i did that and un plugged it, put on a cherry bomb and my bike was competative with fully modded yams and hondas.

rookiex
01-02-2009, 09:31 PM
So you plug in the cherry bomb? its not like with a cannondale where you hook it up to the computer and upload mapping of the computer?

Or is a powercommander kinda the computer system or D&M type of kit.

LTRracer4
01-02-2009, 09:40 PM
the cherry bomb you simply plug in and go. the power commander you plug into a computer and upload maps on to it... but you can find maps for your exact setup, or tune it by the RPMS

rookiex
01-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Thats cool.Where are you guys finding your parts now a days like the fox shocks and lt A-ARMS and all that for a good deal?

LTRracer4
01-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Sponsors.... Im sure there are companies advertised on this site that could help you, but you arent gunna find a big discount on things like fox shocks and big name a-arms.. Id go through fox and try and get setup with some evols for your stock a-arms, or if you want to get a-arms id look toward Atv 4play, their a-arms for the zuks are very nice. Not to mention they are resonable.

01-03-2009, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by LTRracer4
Sponsors.... Im sure there are companies advertised on this site that could help you, but you arent gunna find a big discount on things like fox shocks and big name a-arms.. Id go through fox and try and get setup with some evols for your stock a-arms, or if you want to get a-arms id look toward Atv 4play, their a-arms for the zuks are very nice. Not to mention they are resonable.

Theirs alot of people who hate their fox shocks.

KingpinsEx
01-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by rookiex
They say the ltr is underpowered but I hate to say if you can use a 450 of any kind to its FULLEST possible potential you need to be pro.

Well put I agree completely with that. So many ametures now a days have full built bikes in the C-class motocross to make up for skill of riding. I have a LTR with just a cherrybomb and airbox lid off and the thing has plenty of power if you know how to use it. It is geared a little high stock though, dropping a tooth on the front sprocket is what I plan to do.

Actually I'm in the same boat as you, I love hondas, always rode them, but I wanted to race mx now and didn't have 15k to build a honda. So I got the suzuki and couldnt be happier. The stock shocks really arent that bad at all, although I plan on upgrading to fox floats. Going long travel on the suzuki isn't really worth it unless your pro-pro-am. You only gain like a 1/4 inch of travel, but most long travel a-arms will be fully adjustable camber/caster. The rear shock is really good on it, has high/low speed compression adjust and if you swap out the stock fronts you should be good to go A/B class mx suspension wise.

The only problem with the LTR or any fuel injected quad is when you start modifiying them. You need a power commander, which is big bucks and from what I have read you need to take it to a dyno to tune it once you have it, unless you are lucky enough to stumble across a map with the EXACT same mods. Might not seem like a big deal but a 800 dollar motor job on any other quad turns into a 1,300 one.

rookiex
01-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Oh yeah man I hear ya.I think allot of us do mods on our bikes not so much because you really need them but because you want them.And thats okay too if uve got tons of money at the time.I aint worried a ton about the motor if anything a set of shocks LT front end and a rear shock and thats where my mods end for awhile.450 has lots of power and like I said anyone who uses a stock 450 to its best and fullest potential should be pro or pro-am ive seen guys go out on stock 450s like (ben jackson and j dunk) at some races I seen years back and shread everyone.Everyone else had 15 grand in there bikes but they didnt win not even close.Why is that? doesnt all them mods to the suspension and motor make you faster?faster than a pro on a stock quad.Nope because you cant even use the stock one to its fullest.Im not saying it doesnt help Im just saying do you really need all that?.And thats why I look at the z450 its really set up for a great price and for a little money you can get good power upgrade.its more than half way there.So in the end its a good bang for the buck and I have to get one.

LTRracer4
01-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by SuzukiO
Theirs alot of people who hate their fox shocks.

thats the most bs thing ive ever heard... ive never heard anyone not like their fox shoxs. maybe the podium fronts, but the evols are a very nice shock.

rookiex
01-03-2009, 10:54 AM
I seen a fella with the fox evols on his flat track racer they look very nice.

jherbie28
01-03-2009, 06:19 PM
to those who can afford them they seem to be the most popular, you can find them for great deals everywhere now......all 3 combos for about a grand all day long.:p i know i love mine and they can be a pain to set up everytime but killer shocks.

LTRracer4
01-03-2009, 08:40 PM
they arent a pain if you can get them figured out... when ever i think i have them perfect there is always something i can do to make them better... i love to have my suspension dialed in perfectly

rookiex
01-03-2009, 10:02 PM
How would them janeseen outlaw 2 a-arms be? with some evols?

LTRracer4
01-03-2009, 11:37 PM
it would be alright, have you looked into ATV 4 play?

rookiex
01-04-2009, 04:09 PM
yeah but it says 06 not 07 and 08 ?

ltrracer
01-04-2009, 09:34 PM
so, its all the same