PDA

View Full Version : Leatt Brace/Chest Protector

joe0718
01-02-2009, 12:04 PM
What chest protector is everyone wearing with the Leatt Brace. I got the brace perfectly adjusted for my 7 year old but I can't get his 661 or Fox R3 chest gaurd to fit with it. It seems there is no room for the shoulder part of the protector.

JIM GRACE
01-02-2009, 12:59 PM
brandon uses the rockgarden flak jacket. there about a hundred
bucks. he calls it his football pads:D :D the brace fits perfect with
it.

p.s. did you guy's decide on which classes he will run next year?

Andyman17dad
01-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I would def. recommend the RockgardN Flak jacket!!

joe0718
01-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Jim we're still unsure on what to run. 50 or 70, not both. The little guy will be starting this year and three classes would be a lot.

JT likes the regular style chest gaurds. I did a search and HRP makes one that they say will work. Another site recomends 661 Defender 2.5 or the Thor Force.

XXX -rider
01-03-2009, 05:14 PM
most THOR chest protector's work with the Leatt w/o cutting or altering because are adjustable at the shoulders ..& a few others...we have used the THOR "shok" in the past ..but now prefer the "RockGardin" ...& more recently I have read ( on bike forums ) about bull riding vests being worn with the Leat by MX riders ..

& if you didnt already know ...
the Leatt site shows how to cut chest protectors to fit with it

bulldogfallon
01-05-2009, 07:03 AM
The Rockgardn Flak Jackets and the RXR Air Vests work well

Our boy and the Marc from Hot Quad's boys all wear the RXR vests now.

In fact my son keeps the RXR on through out the day even between motos without any complaints.

http://www.g-forcepowersports.com/chpr.html

Rayzer
01-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Do the RXR vests give the same or better spinal impact protection than the Rockgardn? My boys both wear the Leatt with the Rockgardn but I am always looking for better protection. Why spend this much on the quads if you are not willing to pay for the best protection for the kids. I can rebuild a quad, but I don't think my kids want me trying to rebuild them though. Duck tape only goes so far.

Ray

JIM GRACE
01-05-2009, 07:06 PM
i don't think another year in the 50 class would be a bad idea..
and probably would build a lot of confidence and maybe
a championship for 09'.. we will be cheering for em !!

hope to see ya guys at the atco banquet, its posted on the site
for february 7th

racer28
01-10-2009, 11:54 AM
i have a hrp chest protector that bolts right on the leatt.

joe0718
01-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks for all the input. I actually ordered a HRP last week. They are one of the few that advertise it was designed around the Leatt. Should be here anyday.

brianjlinke
01-10-2009, 09:31 PM
the 09 schedule is posted. the first pee wee race is june 6 that is late. i am not sure about dist.6 at raceway. send me a email about race school if you are still interested. working on drr70 for this season:)