PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Bells?

lauvrayracing
01-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Over the past week I have been speaking with a couple of people about freshening up our bikes. We have one season down and wanted to just replace stuff that we have not yet. I have done the rollers and springs in them. I thought it might be time to replace the clutch and maybe the belt. However a few people said the stock clutch would be fine and then asked if I had replace the bell. Is there a bell out there that I should put in? Also any other advice would be greatly appreciated. We run the 50 limited class and finished 2nd and 3rd in our district their first year racing. The bikes are stock other than the usual clutch mods (machined variator, rollers and springs). Last thing, who seems to be the go to guy for porting the cylinder? I may have opened pandora's box with that one. Thanks everyone for your help in advance.

etondaddy
01-01-2009, 06:21 PM
They have some different stuff today but we always used the Koso posi-grip clutch housing (bell). We'd put a new one on in the beginning and the middle of the season.

Mike Kozura

marsrace2
01-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Etondaddy, I have heard that the posigrip lining wears out pretty quick on them, what has your experience been?

#404's Dad
01-01-2009, 08:52 PM
We have always had good luck with the KOSO ones on our 50 & 70's

Logan #34's Dad
01-01-2009, 09:01 PM
The posi grip does wear off pretty quickly but it is still a good bell. If you happen to own or have a buddy with a small blast cabinet you can buy a couple then rough up the inside (posi) and change them out from race to race.

marsrace2
01-01-2009, 11:08 PM
I wonder im just blasting my stock ones would help give them more grip.

Logan #34's Dad
01-02-2009, 12:21 AM
I think so marsrace2 but I like the vents on the koso bell.

etondaddy
01-02-2009, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
The posi grip does wear off pretty quickly but it is still a good bell. If you happen to own or have a buddy with a small blast cabinet you can buy a couple then rough up the inside (posi) and change them out from race to race.
Yea....what he said...........

Mike Kozura

rmuscle
01-02-2009, 04:47 AM
this is a dumb question, but is the bell the part of the rear clutch that the belt sits in , or that first housing piece that covers the cluth.

ron

riding4fun
01-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by rmuscle
this is a dumb question, but is the bell the part of the rear clutch that the belt sits in , or that first housing piece that covers the cluth.

ron
The piece that covers the clutch.

snowbalz
01-03-2009, 07:26 AM
I do blast mine out and it does seem to help at least for a little while. But it does wear down pretty quickly if you race or ride hard. I was wondering if these koso adjustable clutches were any good? they seem to have allot more pad than the stock clutch?