PDA

View Full Version : Best goggles

sprayedgt
01-01-2009, 08:26 AM
What are the best goggles out there? I have Dragon goggles and they're good because of the tinted and polarized lenses, but they fog up so bad even though they're supposed to be anti-fog. I've sprayed them with anti-fog spray and it works for a while, but unless I keep respraying them all day they'll re fog on me. This past weekend I had to finish a trail without any goggles on because I could not see anything through the fog and couldn't get them to clear up. What do you guys think are the best?

buck440
01-01-2009, 09:02 AM
$20 scotts, i had spy patriots with the blue mirrored lense and if you dont use the tear offs they scratch like crazy and they always fog up too, so i went back to my bottom of the line scotts and man they can take more of a beating than the most expensive googles ever made and they dont fog up that much at all, so try them what u got to lose, i also take some foam from the nose area so more air can come in and help the fog problem and it works

sprayedgt
01-01-2009, 09:30 AM
I may take some foam out like you said. I had a pair of riding sunglasses in the truck so I used those this past weekend. They were like 5 bucks at a motorcycle store and fogged up a little. But when I moved a few feet cleared up instantly. They had a ton of air circulation between the lenses and my eyes because of the cut outs in the foam, exactly like what you are talking about.

grassman
01-01-2009, 10:53 AM
i think scott 83x are the best goggles... they are cheap, easy to clean and don't fog and scratch easily......

CJM
01-01-2009, 11:11 AM
I use a cheap pair I bought at walmart and a pair of scott cheapos.

Get some shaving cream and rub all over the lens, then polish it off after it dries. Wont fog up anymore..

01-01-2009, 11:11 AM
I rock Oakley crowbar. I love the design how its pushed against your face I think a few other companies copied th design so those would be good too. I just picked up Smith goggles for snowboarding and Smith goggles. The quality is pretty good for the price. Having both Oakley and Smith you can feel the Oakley is a much better goggle but it is also much more expensive.

Stoke88
01-01-2009, 11:16 AM
I prefer basic Scott goggles. I try not to spend that much on goggles because I tend to go thought about a pair a year.

sprayedgt
01-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Price is not a concern. The $5 glasses I used never had any mud splatter on them because they sit so close to my face. I think that's a problem that the goggles sit so far out that they get covered with mud/water splatter. I'll look into the Oakley's and the Scott's.

01-01-2009, 12:09 PM
My spy optics seem pretty good.

buck440
01-01-2009, 02:19 PM
also i just use my $20 scotts when im by myself or a friend but when with a group i use my goodies cause hay i got to show off too

ae13291
01-01-2009, 03:11 PM
my oakley O frame goggles rock. they dont fog up. the tinted glass is real good during the day and is even super clear at night

rob_990
01-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by ae13291
my oakley O frame goggles rock. they dont fog up. the tinted glass is real good during the day and is even super clear at night

i agree they are great for the price. but they did fog up a little bit when i used them for snowmobiling a few days ago but it wasnt bad at all.i think that was the first time they did.

01-01-2009, 04:54 PM
who cares if a goggle fogs up with the lenses that came with it? thats why they make anti fog spray. The crowbar is a great design though how it pushes against your face so the dirt pretty much stays out just dust can get in through the foam but its not bad. I had scott goggles originally and they worked but quality wise ehhh not so great.

SteveWR450F
01-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I would highly recommend trying Pro Grip 3450 googles. Dirt bike mag raved about them about 2 years ago so I got a pair. I have been using them since and they are awesome. Extra foam used so they never fog up plus the lenses change very quickly from light to dark and back. Use them for riding in the woods and they really help.

Two other friends have used my googles and now they were progrip too.

shok47
01-02-2009, 10:42 PM
I got the Fox Racing Main MX Goggles. Got them for $35 on ebay. Many different color schemes. They are doing very well, have never fogged on me.

ProspectorJim
01-02-2009, 10:50 PM
smith intake. I've had a couple pairs of spy and oakley goggles, but these are better in every way. Mine also came with an orange tinted lense which made everything brighter but kept the glare waay down. They don't seem to scratch as easy as other tinted lenses either.

NacsMXer
01-03-2009, 10:44 AM
I've ran several sets of Smith Warpstars and they have been great. The face foam is very comfortable as are the goggles themselves. I recently switched to Oakley Crowbars and I was surprised to find that they are even better than the Smiths! The foam wraps around your face like it was molded to it. The outriggers make them easy to adjust with gloves on and they just look plain sick.

zx5go
01-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by SteveWR450F
I would highly recommend trying Pro Grip 3450 googles. Dirt bike mag raved about them about 2 years ago so I got a pair. I have been using them since and they are awesome. Extra foam used so they never fog up plus the lenses change very quickly from light to dark and back. Use them for riding in the woods and they really help.

Two other friends have used my googles and now they were progrip too.

x2!! Pro Grip 3450 are awesome.