PDA

View Full Version : anybody know how to?

mxpimp2000
01-01-2009, 01:25 AM
im needin to wire up a kfz400 2005 to do away with the key switch, reason for this the key broke off in the switch and ive already wired it up for a dirt bike start button and done away with the black blob', also will it drain the battery to have the key wired on 24/7 without headlights on the bike they have been taken off for racing purposes,

airmobile101
01-01-2009, 02:35 AM
You need to install some type of battery disconnect switch, otherwise the battery will drain. Have you ever had to jump start a car after it has sat for awhile(month or so). The battery is still discharging even thou nothing is on.

mxpimp2000
01-01-2009, 10:55 PM
i dont understand,how come on some cars u can leave them settin for a year and them fire right up,if the key is off on the quad then why dont they go dead overtime? therefore in this case if u rode it every other day or every weekend and kept it charge then what? its not my bike regardless i was asked this ? and i was askin to find out if u could do that and it not run the batt down..

airmobile101
01-02-2009, 02:33 AM
I think it will drain the battery if its left hooked up. As you stated, depending how long its ridden will determine if it will start or not. A battery will drain because the negative and positive are still hooked up, meaning the battery is still discharging while sitting there not being used.

mxpimp2000
01-02-2009, 06:04 PM
well i can wire it up to a toggle switch and use that for a key and just hide it under the plastic, so i need to know what wires to run to the toggle to make it work

slow motion
01-06-2009, 01:47 PM
There are three wires on there right? I can hardly remember... But it's in the FSM.

One should show 12 volts. One is the output to the engine components and one is for the lights. If you connect all 3 together it will start. So find the one with 12 volts and put that to one side of a SPST switch that can handle at least 15ish amps of current. Or you can use a relay... If I remember, I will get you the wire colors later.