PDA

View Full Version : riding boots

Chet
12-31-2008, 10:55 PM
Going to be looking for a pair of riding boots shortly, I purchased a pair for my street bike and it took forever for them to soften up and they still were not comfortable, this is why I am asking for some preferences, soft, light, comfortable and require very little break in, for quad riding, I won't be racing at all.

Happy New Year !

sprayedgt
01-01-2009, 07:56 AM
I have the Fox Tracker boots. They were like $120 at Cycle Gear. It took a few rides to break them in, but even when they were brand new they were not too stiff or uncomfortable. I walked around my yard for a few minutes to get the break in process started before I rode with them. When I wear this pair out I'll buy another pair of Trackers.

bry14661
01-01-2009, 09:56 AM
do not get motocross boots. get the ones specific to ATVs that only come up around the ankle. The tall motocross boots get in the way

Chet
01-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by bry14661
do not get motocross boots. get the ones specific to ATVs that only come up around the ankle. The tall motocross boots get in the way

Can you suggest a few brand & models

sprayedgt
01-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by bry14661
do not get motocross boots. get the ones specific to ATVs that only come up around the ankle. The tall motocross boots get in the way Just get hit in the shin with a tree branch or stick one time and that will change your mind. Only took one time for me to figure that out.

kilgoja
01-01-2009, 10:28 AM
i personally ride with high top tennis shoes...i hate boots...lol

rob_990
01-01-2009, 12:35 PM
how to motocross boots get in the way? i have alpinestar vectors i got them for pretty cheap at rockymountain and they didnt even really need to be broken in.

rcatvrider
01-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I have some ancient alpine stars that are really high mx boots. They don't really get int the way but they ruin your rear plastics in back of your legs.

Stoke88
01-01-2009, 05:31 PM
I had a pair of Thor T30 boots and I love them until I bought Alpinestar Tech 3's. WOW. It felt like the stars were your normal everyday shoes. Not to stiff but not to tight and extremely comfortable for under $200.

01-01-2009, 05:46 PM
I believe Alpinestar Tech boots are the best. I have the Fly Viper boots and I love them. Is there a better boot out there? I'm possitive there is but for the price and the quality they are nice. Fly has really stepped up their products. Took me maybe half a riding day to get used to the boots. Now I dont liek riding if I dont have them on even if i'm messing around doing wheelies in a field they are so 2nd nature to put them on and ride because they are comfortable.

racerdan24
01-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Thor quadrants...Were easy to break in and affordable...been using them for about 4 months.

bry14661
01-02-2009, 11:31 AM
well i guess some people dont mind the tall motocross boots. Im not partial to any brand. Ive used both tall boots tech 9s and fox f3 boots and now i use short style atv boots and im way more agile and flexible with the short boots. The tall boots and sometimes make it hard to shift cuz of the seated riding style as opposed to being on a bike where the shifter is farther from the seat and riding position is drastically different. They also can start to irritate the back of your knee or leg depending on how high they go. Dont get me wrong tall are good but if you plan on riding hard you will probably like the shorter boots

BlaineKaiser450
01-02-2009, 11:40 AM
i have the Berik Ricky Carmichael boots and i love them

SPDSNYPR
01-03-2009, 04:15 PM
I got a pair of these (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/4/19/219/2590/ITEM/Fly-Racing-Stinger-Shorty-Boots.aspx) on sale for like $62 about a year ago. I was just looking for an entry-level boot for cheap. There was no real break-in time needed, and they seem to me to be the perfect balance of protection and freedom of movement. I mainly ride trails, but the boots have done what they needed to do, and have held up very well.

3or4HONDA
01-03-2009, 04:29 PM
I also got thor quadrants and they didnt take long at all to break in and are pretty comfortable for the price.