PDA

View Full Version : Squishy brakes??

John451
12-31-2008, 07:26 PM
I just got a steel braided brake line for the front brake of my rm250. The one that was on it was fine, i just wanted to see what the braided ones were all about so i got one. I put it on and tryed every trick i know and you can still pull the lever to the handlebars. I tryed bleeding it, putting a hose from the bleeder nipple to the brake res. and did that for a while and no bubbles came through, it pumps the fluid through though, i took the line off at the res. and blew the fluid in the hose from the nipple back through the line so it was filled with fluid.. Still pulls in. Is it the res.? Does it need the cap on to work?

Black R/T
01-03-2009, 08:48 AM
no, doesnt need the cap on to work, but the rezzy needs to be level or air can get trapped. i fought with my buddies gsxr750 for about 2 hours once before i figured out that the bike being on the kick stand might be the problem. had him hold the bike level, and about 3 bleeds and it was done.

alberto
01-04-2009, 07:26 PM
did you pull the brake lever with the cap off? If so, you may have sucked in some air! Place the bike on a level surface, refill your res and place the cap back on and bleed brakes. It helps to have a buddy pull the brake as you bleed. Remember brakefluid is very corrosive and will damage plastics and paint. Hope this helps and good luck bro!!!!!!!!!

John451
01-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Hey, yeah there was a massive bubble stuck in the master cylinder. I put a tube on the brake bleeder and squeezed it til there was fluid in the line, turned the handlrbars to the left so the bubbles would go to the res. intake and blew the fluid back in and sure enough, 3 big bubbles came up all just a littlle smaller than a dime. The brakes still run squishier than most steel braided lines but I like the feel and they increased stopping ALOT.

John451
01-04-2009, 07:56 PM
And thank you very much for the posts and help. Hope i can help you guys with something down the line.. *brakes aren't really my specialties*

alberto
01-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Thats great news !!!!!!!! Have fun and be safe!!!!:)