PDA

View Full Version : I Think it's time I get a helmet...

Ghost-Rider
12-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Today I was plowing snow on my dads quad, the rancher since we have a plow on it. I don't wear a helmet while plowing because it's cold and i'm just plowing right ? (that and I've outgrown my helmets so i don't have one)

Well I was turning around to make another pass, I'll admit i kind of went to turn around quick, but nothing crazy or reckless. Thats when the plow dropped and dug into the ground, the quad flipping and flung me off and as i smack the ground in the corner of my eye I see the quad barreling toward me and I start scrambling across the ground as fast as possible to get as far away as I could.

Plow has a little bend in the curved part of it from the quads weight being on it, the bars got bent on the quad and the control boxes got scuffed and scratched, other than a little sore though I'm ok.

Cliffnotes, wear your damn helmet, even when you aren't screwing around...

ridered92
12-31-2008, 04:31 PM
glad to hear your o.k but dude get a helmet

Ghost-Rider
12-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Yea, flipping the quad while plowing was the last place I'd figure it would happen, it's a manual plow, so I pull a lever to raise and lower the blade, and for some reason it just dropped and dug into the ground.

klutch
12-31-2008, 04:38 PM
Wear a helmet as long as you are on the atv lol.

Crazy lil punk
12-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Congrats, you get the "heres your sign award"

byrdman37876
12-31-2008, 11:59 PM
ill admit they suck, but they do come in handy and I'm sure everyone here has done it.

save your head and wear a brain bucket.

BlaineKaiser450
01-01-2009, 06:21 PM
yeah helmets are always a good idea

quads14589
01-01-2009, 06:51 PM
yeah i always plow without a helemt, just dont feel like i need one while plowing if your moving like 4mph but mabe i should lol