PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm bearings and bushings

fauxamish
12-31-2008, 03:48 PM
I am in the middle of a rebuild and got to the infamous swingarm pivot bolt. I ended up cutting the bolt because the bearings and bushings were shot (bought it this way, so no comments about maintence...). Anyways, I need to replace everything and did some searching on here. I found a thread about urethane or Delrin bushings. Does anyone know who makes these? There was a real old thread about some one wanting people to try them.

Thank you for any information you may have.

dirtdigger71
12-31-2008, 04:45 PM
I dont know anything about the poly bushings but if you replace everything with pivot works etc... just put anti seize lube on everything and your problems will be over.

bdtoady22
12-31-2008, 05:57 PM
not to be off topic but i neverseized my swinger bolt and rode 6mo or so and in anouther 6 it would have been unremoveable gonna try bel ray waterproof grease this time best bet take the bolt out every 6 mo 2 make sure it dosent stick far as poly bushing hope some one replies cuase i wonder too how they hold up i have a lathe and all i need is some stock witch you can order from mcmaster carr and wah lah bushings