PDA

View Full Version : any idea

cmashburn
12-31-2008, 02:36 PM
ok what i need help on now is to start and keep it running ive cleaned the carb went from a 145 main to a 155 cause ive added a slip on and straight uni filter no box the problem is weird i changed everything yesterday and started and ran perfect ran it for about 30 to 40 min checked the plug and is was good not lean or rich today i go to start it up it turns but doesnt start well it started once then when i killed it i cant get it to start again should i move up to a 157.5 on my main is it just still not just getting enough gas the gas is fresh i no its not bad gas any suggestions would be great thanks for the help happy new year and happy riding

cmashburn
12-31-2008, 02:55 PM
ok after posting this i went to try to start it again it started and idled fine then i went to give it some gas and it just died and cant get it to start again

banshee6767
12-31-2008, 08:07 PM
you may want to look at the accelerator pump in the carb and you may need to do something with the pilot jet, thats what controls fuel at idle and low throttle

keglassg
01-01-2009, 07:09 PM
sounds like its sucking air maybe, check the spray some carb cleaner around the intake manifold and see if the motor revs up, if it does, then you have an air leak. its a cheap test and will be quick to eliminate if nothing changes when you spray it.

cmashburn
01-04-2009, 10:10 PM
thanks everyone with all the replies after messing around with it i just put to big of a main jet it was giving to much gas but it running great but thanks again everyone