View Full Version : Lem Cayman 125r

nordic quad
12-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Well not shure what to think about this Quad,looks like it has the same nerfs as the super typhoon any other upgrades over the fym Typhoon i dont know about,here in Norway it is 500 dollars more then the Fym Thypoon.Here is a link.

http://www.lem-motor.com/lem_visualizza_foto_modello_v2.php?modello=CAYMAN% 20R%20(2008)&tipo_mod=atv&lang=ita&anno=2008

Ride1Rob
12-31-2008, 11:34 AM
Can't see the quad. The link loads the site but no pics for me. Nor am I able to navigate through it for some reason.

nordic quad
12-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Yupp you are right Rob,cant get the link to work right,but if you click on Union Jack on the left,then click on models upper middle and click search on atv and you shold get it.(sounds like lol but isnt)Happy new years.

Ride1Rob
12-31-2008, 05:33 PM
Okay, I saw it. The bike (like ALOT of other knockoffs) look just like the Typhoon. But there are some differences between the two. One is the motors aren't the same. You may want to find out what motor it is to make sure it's durable and can take modding. The swingarm has a chain guard on it in case the chain snaps. This will protect your cases. The subframe bolts onto the frame different than the Typhoon and the swinger does as well. The nerfs with the heel guards appear to be a better setup than the Typhoon. But it seems that the aluminum mesh on the heelguards could possibly be kicked out over time. There is no oil cooler to help keep the motor running cool. And it's a manual shift as well. These are the things that I can see from the pic. Could be worse, just as good, or better than the Typhoon. Do research first and find out what the bike is capable of. One thing about the Xtreme is that flaws were worked out in the 07's and you see first hand from my vids how the bike performs and withstand modifications. With a new bike with not much info it's trial and error.

nordic quad
12-31-2008, 05:50 PM
You are wrigth Rob but unlike other knockoffs i have seen on the web this quad comes from a well known brand when it comes to pit bikes and junior mx bikes,but when it comes to quads sales seems to be down in the US you just need to look at the tread here on the forum,pretty silent for a long time,but in the end it may be best to as you say stick with what you know works and still save some money for mods.

Ride1Rob
12-31-2008, 07:59 PM
How much does the LEM run? If you find out durability questions about the motors you may be fine. Lack of an oil cooler is not good :( . Compare the price to the Xtreme and see what you come up with. My excitement about this Xtreme is that the motor is not maxxed out yet. There is a bigger valve head that was just released that could give the bike even more umph. I currently run a 27mm intake valve and a 23mm exhaust valve head. The one just released is a 30mm intake valve and a 24.5mm exhaust valve head. Also, my portwork was done by me in my garage. I'm sure that Hetrick, Cat5, Wolfpack, etc... Could surely make this bike scream. And remember, the clutches are slipping in those vids.

nordic quad
01-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Hey Rob going to make some calls next week and do some moore digging on the web,but my money is on the typhoon,checked out mods at tbolt and others over a few months already,and there is no doubt that your sons Extreme has realy good power in it now and as far as garage porting goes i have done some of this before my self back in the days when playing around with mopeds,just not used to play around with 4strokes