PDA

View Full Version : Teixiera Tech Steering Flag

mills_racing
12-31-2008, 07:54 AM
So i figured id get on here and let everyone know how the teixeira steering flag was working.I noticed right away when i got it out of the box some serious time and development had been put into it and some top of the line craftmanship. once i got it mounted i re aligned my front end and took off on it for a test ride. This thing really shines in the really rocky creek beds and rooted hills, i would highly suggest checking this out for anyone with the ktm's.

patrickj75
12-31-2008, 09:28 AM
I wish it had the stabilizer mount likethe stock one does. I have an Elka which uses the stock mounting tab.

mills_racing
12-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by patrickj75
I wish it had the stabilizer mount likethe stock one does. I have an Elka which uses the stock mounting tab.

o but it does, just tell ed u need the mount for a stock ohlins i think its 10 dollars extra to have the mount added for the stock stabilizer mounts.

patrickj75
12-31-2008, 09:38 AM
Thank you! Good to know. I'll have to check these out.

bryishre
12-31-2008, 01:40 PM
what does that flag do for the steering?

mills_racing
12-31-2008, 02:05 PM
It reduces the bumpsteer by 50% and in my opinion is a must have for the ktm .

walty
01-02-2009, 11:10 AM
what are the down side of this mod??
i see you lose bump steer but ?????

Ty's400
01-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by walty
what are the down side of this mod??
i see you lose bump steer but ?????

I don't believe there is any real downside to this mod. It replaces the stock steering stem flag with a stronger one and with better geometry. Talking with Ed Teixeira, the KTM has an excessive amount of bump steer and he has researched this product to greatly reduce that unwanted bump steer. Mills who started this thread is a great rider and can attest to his experience with it.