PDA

View Full Version : Trail tech's/ Flexx bars?

440challenger
12-31-2008, 06:37 AM
Im interested in getting a trail tech. I need one that can log miles on a trip, be used as an hour meter for maintence, and also a clock.

Please show my how you have your trail techs mounted. I run flexx bars, does anyone have a TT/Flexx setup?

Am i wasting my money with the Trail tech all together?

reconmaster
12-31-2008, 03:56 PM
i run flexxs and i'll never go back. living witht he disability i have to sit down all the time when i ride normal handle bars don't asborb near as much as the flexxs i can't push myself as hard as i can with the flexx handle bars. so if your looking for a handlebar that will allow you to ride longer and reduce fatigure, soreness etc look no further than the flexx bar

LTRracer4
12-31-2008, 04:11 PM
he already has flexx bars, he was asking what trail tech system to use, and if it will mount up ok on his bars

01-01-2009, 07:45 AM
i was running the vapor on my 450r with the aluminum mount until i got flexx bars. i would not run any trail tech computer any other way than with their aluminum protector kit. i could not see the vapor with the flexx bars on, unless i stood up and looked down. it was the same on the 400ex when i went back to the ex. so i sold it. i am running "trail tech-less" right now. the endurance computer, with protector that i had on my old 400ex mounted on the rider side of the handlebars. i know trail tech was more than helpful with me when i was trying to find the right adapter for the vapor protector and the tag handlebar mount.

i liked having the trail tech, since you aren't looking for an engine temp or a tach, i would go with an endurance. my buddy, he goes by lonestar_r on here has on for sale in almost new condition. i would buy that, then contact trail tech and talk with them about what you want. they'll make sure you get the what you need.

i just didn't trust the cheap plastic mount the supply with it

DEAL
01-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by reconmaster
i run flexxs and i'll never go back. living witht he disability i have to sit down all the time when i ride normal handle bars don't asborb near as much as the flexxs i can't push myself as hard as i can with the flexx handle bars. so if your looking for a handlebar that will allow you to ride longer and reduce fatigure, soreness etc look no further than the flexx bar

Lmao

250Renvy
01-16-2009, 09:06 AM
I saw a guy selling a set on ebay and he had a cutout in the bar pad for his trail tech.

01-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
I saw a guy selling a set on ebay and he had a cutout in the bar pad for his trail tech.

i considered that, but it kind of defeats the purpose of having a bar pad...