PDA

View Full Version : So whos got there New Years resolutions??

QuadJunkies
12-31-2008, 12:33 AM
So whats it gonna be??
Lose weight and getting into shape?? Quitting smoking ??
Whats your resolution for 2009?

JJs450r
12-31-2008, 06:21 AM
stop eating cookies and cake :) get into shape for 09 and save some money for a few nationals

Giz400ex
12-31-2008, 06:39 AM
I need to lose some weight, the ol blood pressure is getting up there. It will be tough but I gotta do it to stick around longer:D

ZeroLogic
12-31-2008, 10:54 AM
Be nicer to people.:p

QuadJunkies
12-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Mine is to quit biting my nails. lol
Lets see how long that lasts:p

12-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Be nicer to people.:p you should start early ........ hey try in out on your ps3 thread .................................................. .lmao

12-31-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Mine is to quit biting my nails. lol
Lets see how long that lasts:p

same here :( but i think ill wait a little while hehe:D :D

csr250r
12-31-2008, 11:03 AM
1. Spend more cash on my quad
2. Drink more beer
3. Stay in shape
4. Enjoy my youth

Im not going to set anythink that will be hard to do this year haha.

12-31-2008, 01:27 PM
1)Live it up I only have 85 days of high school left in 2009
2)Get another job
3)Fix up my quad
4)Save up a lot of money to go out to Colorado during winter break for 2 weeks or so

its more of a to do list but thats all i can think of

LTRracer4
12-31-2008, 01:33 PM
my resoulution is to be hella fast. And im not joking around, that includes training everyday, riding atleast 3 times a week, and keeping my bike 100%. Its gunna take everything i have to do well in Nationals A class this year.

hardkoratvmxr
12-31-2008, 01:54 PM
i wanna lose at least 25lbs

scuzz
12-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
1)Live it up I only have 85 days of high school left

This explains a whole lot.

12-31-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
This explains a whole lot.

dont be jealous cause your senior year of high school sucked and you didnt live it up while you could lol

907Rider
12-31-2008, 02:04 PM
1)take school more serious
2)get a better job
3)see how long my New Years resolutions last

coryatver
12-31-2008, 02:12 PM
dont be jealous cause your senior year of high school sucked and you didnt live it up while you could lol

I wouldn't call being on exriders posting junk living it up lol

scuzz
12-31-2008, 02:13 PM

I've had far better years of my life than when I was 18.

21-25 pretty much kicked my Sr year in high schools *** up and down the street. I was making real money, lived on my own and could go drinking when I wanted. I bought a handgun and a rifle and didn't have to borrow my dad's stuff anymore.

Yeah high shcool is only a big deal when you're in high school, after that it's a joke.

ridered11
12-31-2008, 02:21 PM
-drink
-play college lax
-get an is300
-drink

in that order

Ruby Soho
12-31-2008, 02:26 PM
get a new job + a truck and finish my 110.. but i doubt that one will happen

Mxjunkie
12-31-2008, 02:40 PM
drop a new motor in my truck and get it into the 12's while still keepin it a daily driver..

ride more quads and ATLEAST hit up 3 damn races this year.. :p

mooseracerX
12-31-2008, 02:58 PM
Mine are
1.) Train just about everyday
2.) Win 2 B class championships in my racing series
3.) Just have fun at races and meet new people/help them out if I can.

dingocatcher
12-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Try to make more outta of life than work flat out all week then have a few drinks at weekend then flat out work again!

gcart2
12-31-2008, 03:15 PM
-start Varsity middle linebacker and/or d line.
-Get up to 215lbs.
-get 3.5 - 4.0 GPA before this year is over.
-get a real job.

QuadJunkies
12-31-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by dingocatcher
Try to make more outta of life than work flat out all week then have a few drinks at weekend then flat out work again!
Amen to that!! lol
you got me thinking....
Maybe I should change mine to do something for MYSELF this year .. My focus has been on work,work,stress,more stress,family and everyone else, that maybe I should make 2009 to be my year to do a little splurge of something on ME for a change .

ridered92
12-31-2008, 04:29 PM
mine is to stop drinking soda and once i get a gym membership hit the gym 2-3 times a week

PolarisRider06
01-01-2009, 01:26 AM
i dont really have resolutions as much as just a some possible goals...

1) HAVE FUN!
2) see some of the country (i'm gonna go on a cross country roadtrip this winter in january or february)
3) hopefully make 6 figures this year... i was 2/3rds of the way there in 08 and only got to work 7 months...
4)BUY SOME LAND (deffinately want to do this maybe thats what i should put a good chunk of my tax return towards...)
5)BUY A PICKUP... nothing fancy just something thats a few years old and will last me 3-4 yearsor more
6)fix and sell the predator and buy a different quad
7)goes along with 6... RIDE MORE
8)buy a new snowmobile...
9)SAVE MORE MONEY
10)Learn to listen to my dad more and start an IRA or something along those lines...

i know it probably seems like a lot but if i woulda done things right in 08 i probably could have accomplished over half of those....

so i guess my resolution should be to become better at managing my money...

powermadd400ex
01-01-2009, 10:31 AM
1. fix my quad
2. get a better job
3. do better in school
4. not to be so critical of people

JRP
01-01-2009, 11:30 AM
For myself i have a few.....
1) Take my 2nd semester of college more serious n not mess around!
2) Stop drinking, not that i do it alot, maybe 2x a month, but just take it out of my routine for good.
3) Compete in my first BB comp in september
4) Keep training in the gym for the comp and just get big.

dingocatcher
01-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Amen to that!! lol
you got me thinking....
Maybe I should change mine to do something for MYSELF this year .. My focus has been on work,work,stress,more stress,family and everyone else, that maybe I should make 2009 to be my year to do a little splurge of something on ME for a change .

Lol... Its hard when your self employed, house, wife, wee boy and a ball of finance to worry about,never mind the fading economy!!!

But a bit of stress free time would be great!!

redlineranger
01-01-2009, 03:15 PM
i normally dont do these resolutions.

im just gonna keep enjoying life and living it up to the fullest. gonna keep partying and staying in trouble with the ladies:devil:

stay on top of my grades and finish high school with good grades.

im gonna try my hardest to better my understanding of saving money lol. gonna practice more money management.

and i also want to get back to the gym and working out

im just just gonna keep having fun

adawg89
01-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Lose weight and eat healthier I heard that this generation kids are eating so bad there parent out live them :eek2: I don't eat like they say most kids do but still gonna lose weight.

dirtbike&quad
01-01-2009, 10:46 PM
i love all the teenage kids on here saying drink more and party more. that pisses me off so much, youre not cool for underage drinking and partying when 90% of the youth population does it.

my new years resolution: to get a good job, continue to stay in shape and get better at soccer

adawg89
01-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by dirtbike&quad
i love all the teenage kids on here saying drink more and party more. that pisses me off so much, youre not cool for underage drinking and partying when 90% of the youth population does it.

my new years resolution: to get a good job, continue to stay in shape and get better at soccer

I don't drink its kind of pointless. Especially under age drinking just to fit into the crowd. I go to parties but I don't drink and my friend respect me for that and I'm not a buzz kill either. It's actually funny to watch drunk people at parties. LOL

01-01-2009, 11:04 PM

America has some BS for their drinking age. Lets see, join the army, vote, buy cigarettes, go into strip clubs... 18 years old. To drink 21? Ontario Canada its 19 to drink but I believe Quebec and further up its 18. Lets go to the other countries in the World... Mexico I dont think it matters lol, Europe what is it 16 to purchase and drink it? Now I think the only reason its abused so much and causes trouble is because you cant do it legally. Think about it people love to break the law. I have had glasses of wine and what not at resteraunts for dinner because it went good with the meal. I wasnt abusing it I drank it like I would anything at dinner a sip every now and then and I didnt have to hide it. If it were legal to drink it it would be such a big deal because you can do it anytime and buy it. I'm not saying to lower the drinking age to 16 but atleast 18 how it used to be or be on par with Canada. I really feel less will abuse it if its normal and ok to do it nothing to hide

PolarisRider06
01-02-2009, 01:38 AM
x2 with the drinking age idea even though i'm gonna be 21 in about 8 months and 14 days 21 hours and about 30 minutes... can you tell i'm bored.....

on the note of underage drinking though, i never did it to be cool, i didn't go to many parties in high school but i did drink... hate to say it but i started drinking off and on when i was 14 but i have never set out to get puking drunk... and i've only thrown up from drinking 3 times.... once was during haydays a couple years ago (thanks guys... you know who you are) once was on my birthday the summer of 07 (apple pie shots are amazing...) and once was fall of 07 and it was a combination of a really bad burger waffle fries and to much beer, then deciding to jump out of bed when i had the spins... which i would have to say is not to bad for a 6 year drinking career and the fact that i spent 8 months in wisconsin last year working and got served at all the bars and fell into the pipeliner lifestyle... 6 days a week at the bar after work to eat supper and BS with the guys so your guarenteed (sp?) to have at least 6 beers...

but at least i got that out of the way so it wont be so bad when i turn 21... lol

so to everyone whos underage and keeps saying drink more and everything like that.... its really not that great, it just becomes a very expensive habbit and if you get caught by the law its even more expensive... i've got 8 more months to keep from getting caught and then i just gotta worry about DUI's

but anyways now that we've highjacked the thread whats everyone elses new years resolutions?

<DRS>GPF
01-02-2009, 07:21 AM
America has some BS for their drinking age. Lets see, join the army, vote, buy cigarettes, go into strip clubs... 18 years old. To drink 21? Ontario Canada its 19 to drink but I believe Quebec and further up its 18. Lets go to the other countries in the World... Mexico I dont think it matters lol, Europe what is it 16 to purchase and drink it? Now I think the only reason its abused so much and causes trouble is because you cant do it legally. Think about it people love to break the law. I have had glasses of wine and what not at resteraunts for dinner because it went good with the meal. I wasnt abusing it I drank it like I would anything at dinner a sip every now and then and I didnt have to hide it. If it were legal to drink it it would be such a big deal because you can do it anytime and buy it. I'm not saying to lower the drinking age to 16 but atleast 18 how it used to be or be on par with Canada. I really feel less will abuse it if its normal and ok to do it nothing to hide

though i really do understand what youre saying, in fact i think anyone in the military should be able to drink on post(small price for Joe Public to pay), just be sure to blame the "few bad eggs" that became the reason for drinking age limits being raised.

you surely can pick a few out of the crowd who'll likely be one of "them". i know quite a few who will never legally drive again. now consider everyone you know, knows others and so on. now guess how many of "them" involved someone totally innocent.

the fact is, we have more cars on the road than most countries have people, but sadly we seem to have less direct parental guidance. (particularly about being responsible for your fellow man) this includes how to handle yourself in public, be it drinking or just standing in the park.

also, take note that alcoholism and casual drug use is more rampant in many other countries, though not prosecuted. thus little attention is given by the media.
in these coutries, there are simply fewer means to do harm to others when theyre all trashed out. (less cars = more bars!) i understand that in places like england, you can count on losing your driving privileges forever on your first offense.(the US is definitly more "lax" on this matter)

the US only appears worse because the media is eager to air out any dirty laundry they can find, whereas other "civilized" countries own their media and highly regulate what is released.. and honestly, how often to you see local news and statistics from other countries?.

as for this years resolution...
id like to see my "ab's" again by mid summer.(hopefully by shedding more lbs and bulking up)
im walking/lifting every day and my son and i are going to ride alot more often when the weather gets warmer. (i need to be able to keep up with him and his monkey friends.)

250x_kyle
01-02-2009, 11:21 AM
1. get into a good school
2. pay off my bills and buy a truck
3. pick up another job
4. graduate highschool

BlaineKaiser450
01-02-2009, 11:45 AM
-become a constistant A class rider (train every day and stuff like that)
-Get better grades

Quad18star
01-02-2009, 01:17 PM
I don't usually make resolutions because I never stick to them ...... but for this year I hope to get myself into better shape. Not "run a marathon" kind of shape , but just get out after dinner and go for a walk and eat healthier.

I've realized that at 25 years old and not being able to run more than 100 feet without the feeling that my heart is going to jump out of my chest is NOT a good thing .... so the excercise must start.

redlineranger
01-02-2009, 01:37 PM

i dont do it try to be "cool" or because everyone else does it.

i do it because i want to

wvspeedfreak
01-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Go on a trip to the dunes!!!! I say every year I want to do it but I am serious this time :)

ricksmx865
01-02-2009, 05:04 PM
1. quit chewin :mad:
2. no more pop
3. get my butt in gear, train harder, ride more and win a championship this season :devil:

... chances are #1 wont happen, i cannot deal with the stupidity of my co-workers! ill give it a shot tho

oh yea
4. find a new job!!

416exfreak
01-02-2009, 08:45 PM
1. Find a better job.<br>
2. Get my GPA up during the 2nd semester.<br>
3. Build a 331 stroker for my truck.:macho: <br>
4. Save some money up.<br>
5. Get ready for one awesome summer break!:devil:<br>

Moto49X
01-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Train for beerfest. Go to beer pong nationals.

brian76708
01-02-2009, 10:42 PM
make it out to a mx track always have wanted to go and try it out.

2nd try not to be so cheap

JRP
01-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Moto49X
Train for beerfest. Go to beer pong nationals.

always wanted to go to the BP Nationals haha

Wired
01-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Mine is get in shape!!!

the past 2 months call of duty and beer have kicked my butt big time!!!

liex21
01-03-2009, 10:24 AM
my new years resolution is to get back into the shape i was in before my accident and to get back to the riding level i was at...havent rode in 5 months and still cant for who knows how much longer its killing me

01-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Mines to hang with better people.