PDA

View Full Version : 400EX carb float: is it adjustable?

whipit
12-17-2002, 09:18 PM
Does the float on this thing have the little metal tab to bend for adjustment purposes or is it the non adjustable plastic type float? I seem to remember it was plastic.
The damn float bowl level is too high and i am sick of my quad reeking of overflowed fuel which builds up in the skid plate.
the level is so high, i can make the overflow hose dribble by just grabbing the bar end and rocking the quad back and fgorth a little ......TOO HIGH

0240099r1
12-18-2002, 07:44 AM
the float level is not adjustable but before i bought a new one i would clean and inspect the carb and really look at the float valve ...

whipit
12-18-2002, 08:05 AM
I didnt think it was adjustable. It really does overflow very easily. I think the main difference is that I have full length aluminum skids now, and they collect the dribbling gas, making my quad smell like it was just dipped in 94 octane pump gas, whereas the old skids were perforated in places and the fuel would dribble on the ground. maybe I will put a longer hose on the carb float bowl overflow nozzle and zip strip it to the bottom of my quad so it cant collect in the plates

whipit
12-18-2002, 08:06 AM
The rate this stuff dribbles out, i am definately losing more gas on the ground than I am burning