PDA

View Full Version : Badlands MX Sunday, Dec 22nd?

MX26
12-17-2002, 08:42 PM
Anybody going out for practice this Sunday? I might be there... Still not sure yet.

Buzzsaw
12-18-2002, 08:46 AM
if I'm in town

angrywifeof300
12-18-2002, 09:09 AM
CALL ME

Razorback
12-18-2002, 09:10 AM
I'm out of town for the holiday, but I'm glad that they're going to have some weekend practices. I'm ready to ride. I really wanted to race Sunday, but I had to work :|

Were either of you there?

MX26
12-18-2002, 09:10 AM
What are you riding now Buzzy?

I think Daniel and I will be there, and Dutch said something about going. This will be the very 1st time we've all 3 gotten on the same track.

Buzzsaw
12-18-2002, 09:30 AM
I want be riding my bike ready to race the Tulse shootout in a few weeks than I will change it for MX

MX26
12-18-2002, 10:49 AM
I didn't go Sunday. Daniel and I went to Greenville MX. The track owner came out and said practice was free because it was so muddy, but it wasn't really muddy at all, just rutted really bad. The only jumps I could clear were the 2 table tops in front and the double in front. It was fun though. I think I'm going to be doing some modding to my R after the holidays. Hopefully you guys will see alot of me around TQRA for 2003.

Buzzy that's a good looking R.

Scott you REALLY need to dust off your helmet so I can throw a little roost on ya ;)

MxDale71
12-18-2002, 09:08 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be at Badlands... I'm gonna go somewhere for sure this weekend.

MX26
12-18-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by MxDale71
I'm pretty sure I'll be at Badlands... I'm gonna go somewhere for sure this weekend.

Bah, Humbug. I'll believe it when I see it.

MxDale71
12-18-2002, 09:26 PM
You're right, I"m not going to Badlands.... I don't think they're even open Sunday so I'm just gonna go to Greenville.

And uh.... why is it so unbelievable that I'm gonna go to a track? I've been to the tracks more than you have man... I just haven't been able to afford it due to no work, but I"m workin now, so I'll be riding again.

MX26
12-18-2002, 09:50 PM
Oh.. You have?

Sunday is coming. No excuses. If you win, I eat crow. If I win... Well....

The clock is ticking......

edit: I'll even be nice. Which tires would you prefer to eat off of? Razr MX's or Tamers?

Razorback
12-19-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by MX26
Scott you REALLY need to dust off your helmet so I can throw a little roost on ya ;)

No chance buddy! I'll be too far back for your roost to reach me ;)

MxDale71
12-19-2002, 04:27 PM
Yes David, I have been to the track more than you. I dunno who's faster but I'm not gonna be over confident (like someone I know) because talking a lot of ***** makes you look really stupid if you get beat. So I'll leave the ***** talkin to you and I'll just ride and have fun :D .

Are we all loadin up in one truck? I sure as he// hope not. You and Daniel can load up and pull the trailor... I'll follow the two of you there in my truck. I'm gonna have to make a few stops for gas though.... A 350 with a small gas tank doesn't go far, haha.

MX26
12-19-2002, 04:59 PM
Hmm. We'll see. I noticed you stayed home today? Sick? I just took a thermometer out of my mouth with 100.2, can't talk, coughing up another lung every 2 minutes and can't breath.

Do you have 2 pairs of goggles? Might need 'em. It's going to be very cold I think, and probably wet. If the track is muddy, I'm not taking my R out of the trailer. I'll leave the mud bogs to you two.

Daniel still has my R at his house. :rolleyes: I need to get it back and tigthen up all the Honda bolts that are famous for coming loose. Unless he wants to do it? I'll probably be running his stock EX shocks too.

For those of you who haven't been to that track in a while, just be happy you can ride down the side of the whoops and hit the next jump. They're wicked. The new double in the back is uh... Well, I am willing to be you could jump it backwards in a gear lower than hitting it the right way. The double before it is just as peaked.

Buzzsaw
12-19-2002, 08:01 PM
David, are you talking about badlands day track, it sweet!! Big jumps!!!

MX26
12-19-2002, 08:13 PM
Nope. Yes, the day track does have big jumps, but its not the track I was talking about. We're talking about the old Greenville MX on the East side of town. Do you know which one I'm talking about? Lots of big air.

Buzzsaw
12-20-2002, 07:27 AM
Yes, Zoni and I went there a few months ago and it was hored, but I've heard they've made alot of changes. What time are ya'll going sunday if i get back in town i will come out, need to get Scott rusty a!! on the track.

MX26
12-20-2002, 04:42 PM
I liked the way it was setup before. That huge 4th pinned sweeper owned me. Now they have some little jumps in there that are pretty crazy.. 1 is about a 5' stepup... it looks HARD.

MX26
12-22-2002, 08:01 PM
Should've been there. Many quads. Rob, Cory Graves, Hunter & Cody, John Perkins, Jason Williams..

I think that was the 1st time I've seen Jason's 440 since he got it done.. Man that thing is SWEET.

MrP
12-22-2002, 08:25 PM
Who won the pro class?

MX26
12-22-2002, 08:50 PM
We were just riding an open practice. Johnny was even there. I didn't get over there to talk to him, but he looked like he was feeling pretty good.

Keith Little's 02 ride is preeetttty nice :) Cory is very fast on it.

MrP
12-22-2002, 08:53 PM
Oh, I though it was a race.

Buzzsaw
12-23-2002, 08:40 AM
I know I saw it out at Mark's before they pick it up. You can ever buy some of the stuff on that quad. It's a BA

krazykurtk
12-31-2002, 09:34 AM
Are any of you riding this Sunday 1/5? I'm driving down from WI Friday and am looking for somewhere to go on Sunday.

Also does Village Creek allow quads for practice. I couldn't find anything on their website that mentioned a quad at all.
Thanks.

MX26
12-31-2002, 05:56 PM
Winter rebuild time for me. I won't be down but about 6 weeks hopefully.

I'm pretty sure Village allows quads. I know they have them at almost every race

MxDale71
01-01-2003, 12:26 PM
I'll try to go riding somewhere on Sunday. Last weekend the weather wasn't looking to good so I didn't go and the weekend before that, I had to get some bearings, and a brake rotor for my truck. Hopefully nothing will come up this weekend... the weekend after that is Rnd 2 of the TQRA Winter Series at Badlands. I'll DEFINITELY be there to get my @ss kicked in the Novice class...... again. :(

If you go riding soemwhere, try to go to Greenville MX... Thats where I'll be if I can go anywhere. Look for the blue and grey, 84' Chevy w/ the red C-dale in the back (#71).

Wired
01-01-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by MX26
Keith Little's 02 ride is preeetttty nice :) Cory is very fast on it.

you need to check out keith's 03 :eek: :eek:

Razorback
01-01-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by krazykurtk
Are any of you riding this Sunday 1/5? I'm driving down from WI Friday and am looking for somewhere to go on Sunday.

Also does Village Creek allow quads for practice. I couldn't find anything on their website that mentioned a quad at all.
Thanks.

They do not allow quads for practice, however, most races they do allow quads. Makes no sense to me. I would spend some money down there practicing, but they don't want it :(

MX26
01-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Jon, I've seen Keith's TT quad, and I'm guessing his MX is just about the same? Either way, more than sweet bike.

You guys better watch that new jump in the back of Greenville. There's 2 doubles back to back, probably 50' each but are VERY peaked. Guy Haskel(red white and blue 418EX, #90) jumped it once(only quad i've ever seen try it) and he ended up wrecking. It's a slow jump, but you have to have it timed perfect.

krazykurtk
01-02-2003, 07:18 AM
MxDale71 - If everything goes well, I should be in Greenville on Sunday.

Thanks Razorback for the info.

MxDale71
01-02-2003, 10:15 PM
Cool, my truck isn't having any problems and the weather is looking AWESOME for Sunday (68-70 degrees :D :cool: ) so I should be there as well... anyone else going to be there?

Oh, and David, what day do we go back to school? :confused:

One more thing.... who all is gonna be at Rnd 2 of the Winter TQRA series?

Razorback
01-03-2003, 07:57 AM
i may come over sunday if i'm feeling better. i'm recovering from a nasty cold/flu. my fever broke last night, so i'll have to see how the next day or two goes. the weather sounds great! hopefully the track is dry.

i'm planning on going to the tqra race, weather permitting.

MX26
01-03-2003, 05:11 PM
Ugh.. Don't everyone go out there and make me put my R back together for 4 hours of riding!!

We go back Monday... Although I told you that last night..

MxDale71
01-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Hey Kurt, around what time are you going to be at Greenville if you go? I'm pretty muchly ready to go right now, hehe. It's been to long since I've been riding. I was thinking about being there around 12.

Anyone else gonna be there?

zerorider
01-04-2003, 09:06 PM
My son and I may be out there, but it will be around 2:00 before we can make it. That is if we can find it. :rolleyes:

MxDale71
01-04-2003, 09:23 PM
Cool, I'll still be there at 2. Please try to make it man, I would hate to wreck and be the only guy there, haha.

Is your son gonna be racing Rnd 2 of the TQRA Winter series?

zerorider
01-04-2003, 10:16 PM
Yes, he's going to be there unless something happens. I already have him signed up. We will probably be there tomorrow. Is it the track on the east side of town, down a county road? I looked it up on the internet and got directions.

MxDale71
01-05-2003, 12:21 AM
Ya, the track is way off down some country road and then you take a little dirt road that goes into the track. I'll see ya there man.

Buzzsaw
01-05-2003, 06:47 PM
Is everyone racing sunday, will i might have to race too.

MxDale71
01-05-2003, 06:57 PM
As of right now, I'm planning on being there on Sunday. Hopefully nothing will come up that will keep me from racing on Sunday.

Rnd 4 is gonna be at Athens :mad: . I seriously don't like that track, but oh well. I'm gonna have to try to get some other tires, cause the tamers are gonna suck @ss out there in all that sand.

Buzzsaw
01-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Russell is making more changes to the track is what Hunter is telling me. We just got back from the Tulse Shootout racing a little TT style, forgot to say earlier.

MX26
01-06-2003, 11:50 AM
Me? Race? Nawwww. See you Sunday hopefully.