PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Destinations

Quad18star
12-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Looking for peoples opinions on tropical vacation destinations. My fiancee ( wow .. first time I use the word) and I have decided that we are going to be doing a Destination Wedding ... meaning we want to go somewhere warm/hot/away from here when we get married.

We would like to get married on a beach somewhere and are looking to see where might be a good spot. We're thinking somewhere in the Caribbean and thought about Hawaii , but the prices in Hawaii are too expensive. Mexico maybe? Costa Rica? Dominican?

So where have you guys gone on vacations ? We'll probably be a group of 30 or so people and don't want anything that will break the bank for our guests.

Show me or tell me where you guys have gone and if you liked it or not.

03pete
12-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Ive been to Nassau Bahamas, San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and a few other small islands on vacations, and I would say that St. Thomas was the best. Just looking at the blue water was amazing. I'm sure anywhere you go will be a blast.

PS: Congrats:D

LTRracer4
12-30-2008, 12:31 PM
as a family we went to turks and cacos (sp?) it was an amazing trip, my dad and my step mom went to St. Thomas last year and loved, said it was the best trip they had been on and they both had been to cancun and jamaica.

Pappy
12-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Pay me 1/2 of what you were going to spend....for which I will provide all your dreams!

Sandbox
Mr. Heater for that tropical heat
Definatley different from home

And a 5x7 photo of your nuptials:D

Quad18star
12-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Pay me 1/2 of what you were going to spend....for which I will provide all your dreams!

Sandbox
Mr. Heater for that tropical heat
Definatley different from home

And a 5x7 photo of your nuptials:D

You got yourself a deal ...... as long as the sandbox is big enough and there's no little toy soldier in it to step on. ;)

And thanks to the other 2 for your responses.

Pappy
12-30-2008, 04:25 PM
lol..so you know the army man who dwells in the box:p

stay out of mexico right now, the st thomas trip sounds much better;)

byrdman37876
12-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
lol..so you know the army man who dwells in the box:p

stay out of mexico right now, the st thomas trip sounds much better;)

I'll agree with that, to many gang killings going on and hostage takers looking for ransom money.

Philippine islands are nice, especially Cebu island. but its a looooong trip.

MX MaNiAc 06
12-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Montego Bay, Jamaica. I stayed for 3 days.. most magical 3 days of my life.

jrspawn
12-30-2008, 06:46 PM
St, Croix!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife and i choose it for our honeymoon years back. Ever since we travel back there several times a year.

The island is perfect. Not ike the other "cruise ship" islands with the crowds. Out of all of my stays ive never been on any beach there with more than 6 other people on the same beach. Most of the time you have the beaches to yourself. And again you have the entire island to explore, not stuck at the one or two resort beaches.

We had actually planned on moving to the island a while back. But with a baby on the way now, plans have changed:eek2:

If you want anymore info, pics, vids, or anything else about the island let me know man.

Thank you
Justin

jrspawn
12-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Nothing like walking out off the back deck to this.....

jrspawn
12-30-2008, 06:55 PM
You know your a die hard when on vacation your designing MX tracks on the beach:devil: ..............

Snowskidr
12-30-2008, 07:55 PM
what time of year? be sure to steer clear of the carribean if it's hurricane season.

Quad18star
12-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Justin ... for sure let me know where you stayed . I've never even thought or looked at St.Croix.

We will be travelling outside of the hurricane season. It'll be in the winter months ... Jan. Feb or March

Quad18star
12-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Justin ... for sure let me know where you stayed . I've never even thought or looked at St.Croix.

We will be travelling outside of the hurricane season. It'll be in the winter months ... Jan. Feb or March

feuerstack411
12-30-2008, 08:42 PM
isnt cuba a big place for canadians?

brian76708
12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Montego Bay, Jamaica. I stayed for 3 days.. most magical 3 days of my life.

i recommend staying in the United states or else you will have to be worried about drinking water, food ext

my parents took are whole family to Jamaica (Montego bay) when i was 17 it was a great place except we got robed the 2nd night (while we were sleeping) and when on the beach you where constantly asked if you wanted to buy something. it was a good vacation but from know on i think i will stick to the US borders.

Quad18star
12-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by feuerstack411
isnt cuba a big place for canadians?

We've already been there . We went 2 years ago and had a great time , but want to try somewhere different. .

brian76708..... we don't mind having to be cautious of drinking water and such . Stick with bottled water and you're fine. As for the food ... we like to try new things , so again that doesn't bother us . In Cuba , none of the 10 people we went with got sick from any food or water.

Giz400ex
12-31-2008, 06:45 AM
Aruba is really nice :D

laeger2fiddyr
12-31-2008, 12:47 PM
me & my gf went to ocho rios jamaica last april for her friends wedding. stayed @ the hotel riu & they did the wedding right there. awesome time! i think it was 1200.00 bux for all inclusive 5night/6day stay