PDA

View Full Version : consignment dealers.

csr250r
12-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Hey I found a clean 06 suzuki ltr so i took my yfz to the consignment dealer... talked with the guy for a little while, he i asked him what he'd take on trade. He offered 1500 for it on trade, i honestly had to try hard not to laugh. This ever happen to anyone else?

ZeroLogic
12-30-2008, 10:07 AM
All the time. Dealers go by lowest book price. The dealer by me said you'd be better off selling any machine than trading it.:ermm:

csr250r
12-30-2008, 10:17 AM
There is another yfz thats the same year and similar condition, maybe worse and they are asking 3400 for it. i brought it up to him and he said i would be better off bringing it closer to spring.

12-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by csr250r
There is another yfz thats the same year and similar condition, maybe worse and they are asking 3400 for it. i brought it up to him and he said i would be better off bringing it closer to spring.

buddy i keep tht yfz from what ive heard and seen the ltrs arnt all of what there cut out to be.i would wait for the new yfz prices to drop

zack221
12-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by mxcowboy
buddy i keep tht yfz from what ive heard and seen the ltrs arnt all of what there cut out to be.i would wait for the new yfz prices to drop

Idk who told you that but I have yet to have a problem out of mine. I also race with a lot of guys that race 06 and 07 ltrs and they have no problems. Its all about maintenance.

12-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by zack221
Idk who told you that but I have yet to have a problem out of mine. I also race with a lot of guys that race 06 and 07 ltrs and they have no problems. Its all about maintenance.

no no no there great atvs i didnt say they have problems but there just not as fast as the yfz stock vs stock when my cousins got em the yfz left him every time

xsr_racing28c
12-30-2008, 01:27 PM
to be honest, being that your machine is 5 years old already and probably has its fair share of hours on it, I'd say coming from a dealer that $1500 probably is fair value on a "tradein" value.

Dealers make there most money on trade-in's.

Jay

bustedknuckle
12-30-2008, 04:04 PM
When You Took It In Did You Tell Them It Was Raced, It Depends on Good Shape Its In . Theres A Big Mark Down. With The Issues To day Your Not Going To Get Much For a Trade ..Times Are Getting Bad. There Going To Get Worse. Its Best To Sell It Your Self.

csr250r
12-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Yea, i was totally honest with him. He did say it would be better for me to bring it back in the spring, which i understand. i think ill just dump that money into my quad and race it another year or two.

sunco
12-31-2008, 12:36 PM
I just sold an 04 300ex stock for 1700 bucks. It just sat around for a year & no one used it. I put a new clutch in it ,rear brakes, a grab bar & a new battery. It was all stock. I had to clean the carb so it would run. I think to back tire was crap. If ya don't buy it ya won't have to sell it. LOL. I'm sure we all have a bunch of stuff. Now we'd like to get rid of half of it, but whats the point - no one is paying big bucks for anything. Good luck w/ getting rid of your stuff - when you wait till spring it will be worth even less. LOL

The Good News - your still alive, you have a quad & springs around the corner :D

scuzz
12-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c

Dealers make there most money on trade-in's.

Jay

QFT