PDA

View Full Version : Crank questions

Chukkinsod
12-30-2008, 09:24 AM
All of you out there with +4", +6" strokers, what is recommended? Looking at a +6 Poweroll with Sparks racing custom cut piston (89 MM) I believe that equates to 490. I see Hot rods cranks out there at a +4, but have to run JE piston w/wristpin height changed. I am running 479 web also have 463 9i. Figured I'd ask the question....heard the Hotrod does not last as long also have to run their pistons. Powerolls set up pricey, but wristpin hight the same as stock.....therefore can use any piston w/skirt modified.

drew416ex
12-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Figured I'd ask the question....heard the Hotrod does not last as long also have to run their pistons. Powerolls set up pricey, but wristpin hight the same as stock.....therefore can use any piston w/skirt modified. [/B][/QUOTE]

I have a hotrods and havnt had any problems yet. Yeah with powroll you can use any piston for the 400 because they install a shorter rod. I just go the hotrods because it was cheaper and didnt want to wait for powroll to stroke my crank. I was a little impatient. :D

Chukkinsod
01-01-2009, 11:46 PM
yeah I was thinking the same....I have a line on a +6 bottom end complete right now...just puttin some cash together. Thanks for the input!

400exrider707
01-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Chukkinsod
All of you out there with +4", +6" strokers, what is recommended? Looking at a +6 Poweroll with Sparks racing custom cut piston (89 MM) I believe that equates to 490. I see Hot rods cranks out there at a +4, but have to run JE piston w/wristpin height changed. I am running 479 web also have 463 9i. Figured I'd ask the question....heard the Hotrod does not last as long also have to run their pistons. Powerolls set up pricey, but wristpin hight the same as stock.....therefore can use any piston w/skirt modified.

+6 stroke with a 89mm piston is 472cc's.

I know there was at least one guy on here before with a +7mm stroker...

Chukkinsod
01-01-2009, 11:59 PM
did he have too many issues? I'm runnin 12.5/1 and wondering if I'll have a hard time keepin head gaskets

400exrider707
01-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Chukkinsod
did he have too many issues? I'm runnin 12.5/1 and wondering if I'll have a hard time keepin head gaskets

12.5:1 stroker and you'll need heavy duty headstuds for sure.

I dont think he had problems but his machine was pretty well built.

Wheelie
01-03-2009, 01:46 PM
I believe it's NacsMXer with the 452 GT Thunder stroker w/ the +7mm crank.

I'm running the Powroll setup and couldn't be happier. It does cost more money than other setups out there, but IMO it's worth it and if I had to do it all over again I'd still go w/Powroll.

FYI--My Powroll crank is a +4mm, I don't believe they make a +6mm.

400exrider707
01-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Wheelie
I believe it's NacsMXer with the 452 GT Thunder stroker w/ the +7mm crank.

I'm running the Powroll setup and couldn't be happier. It does cost more money than other setups out there, but IMO it's worth it and if I had to do it all over again I'd still go w/Powroll.

FYI--My Powroll crank is a +4mm, I don't believe they make a +6mm.

Yep he's one of them! Better memory than I!

I wanna say UglyMotha had one too, but he hasn't been around in forever...

Chukkinsod
01-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Wheelie, that was also another concern I had, the guy says its a +6 Pwroll, only I dont see pwroll + 6 on their site at all. I will have to give them a call. Just Blew my head gasket yesterday, so gotta tear it down soon, blew head gasket all to smithereens on 5th ride. Have to see if I pulled the studs. Thats why I'm asking the question now. I might have to 2 complete motors soon. The one in my bike needs a teardown and this one complete only needs a stator and resleeve. Id be runnin:
motor 1 440 bigbore
Motor 2 416 w +6 stroker
Option : 440bigbore cycl w/+6 btm end

Wheelie
01-10-2009, 10:41 AM
The Powroll stroker is a +4 NOT a +6.

What is your question?

Chukkinsod
01-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Wondering what setup everyones running sucessfully with the stroker. Have a line on a different set up (stroker) but heard different things. Want to run the 89mm piston (which I have)w/stoker crank, but heard the reliability (head gasket) stinks with that set up.....Heard 416 kit w/ stroker is much more reliable. Just wanting some comments on both set ups pro's/cons

Wheelie
01-10-2009, 01:50 PM
I don't forsee any issues with a 89mm piston with a stroker if it's built right. Build the engine with quality components: HD head studs, a good head gasket, HD rod and timing chain, and keep the engine cool.

My stroker has been very reliable for nearly 3 years now, with the stock head studs. When this engine needs a rebuild, I am going to have the HD head studs installed as a precaution.

Edit: stock is 85x70mm. My 440 is 87x74mm.

Chukkinsod
01-10-2009, 01:59 PM
I've got everything else done to mine oversize valves, hardweld rockers 479 web, ported, new timing chain just dont have HD studs. just had a fresh top end done Have to get back into it and see if I pulled the studs if so i'll run the HD's. I've had this mototr in for 3 years with no issues...until the timing chain adjuster seized causing the piston to smack the intake valves...hence the rebuild. Thank you for the input