PDA

View Full Version : Smart Computer people please look

derekhonda
12-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Boss just told me to update the computers and get it done before tomorrow to get it off the books. I am not real computer smart but am excited about getting some new computers in the office and these old slow ones out of here.

Anyways, what is your opinion on this package?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9999103800050008&type=product&id=pcmprd103900050008

Basically, two of these computers will be email checkers and letter typers, I am 100% sure the computers are fine for that.

one of the computers will have quickbooks and some other programs loaded on. Will the computer be able to handle more demanding programs or should i get one beefier computer?

Ryan
12-29-2008, 01:34 PM
That computer has a 640GB hard drive. You have enough space to do pretty much everything. I have 80GB on my computer and its more than enough, and I have all kinds of programs, music, movies, ect on here. You won't need anything beefier than that, im sure of. And 4GB of memory, which really is the speed of the computer, which is very fast. My computer has 2GB and im never waiting for anything to load.... Everything is pretty much instant.

I don't think you can go wrong with that computer. Price seems very reasonable, and you have more than enough room to do whatever you want with it...

And to think back, our old 1996 NEC computer came with a 1/2gb hard drive, and was priced over 2 grand, I believe. Yikes!!!!

scuzz
12-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Basically, two of these computers will be email checkers and letter typers, I am 100% sure the computers are fine for that.

Yeah, go cheapo name brand for those and save the kick-*** one for you.

Any new dual-core would be able to handle anything the normal office could throw at it.

derekhonda
12-29-2008, 04:22 PM
well talked with a couple other people. i figured with the big hard drive and lots of ram it would be a good buy. bought 3 of them today, thanks!